It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re-introduce the death penalty in the UK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Exactly!

Every criminal should be made aware that if they are willing to take a life,and the case can be proven beyond doubt,then they should be willing to have their own life taken away as a penalty!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I personally would not like to see them hanged, far too quick. I would like them to spend around 20 years being assaulted by other prisoners, broken glass ect put in their food and perhaps also having boiling tea flung in their faces occasionally. That plus the constant fear would be better punishment IMO

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I wouldn't object to the death penalty if it could be proven beyond doubt that the accused person was guilty.

I wouldn't mind if the guilty party was incarcerated and given 10, 15 or 20 years with which to provide new evidence or witnesses to prove their innocence. When the time was up if nothing new had been presented the death sentence could be carried out.

I'd prefer something less gruesome than hanging.

In the absence of a death sentence then, a life sentence should be for life.

And a long sentence should be served in full.

I don't know what goes on currently, but I do think all violent or disturbed prisioners should receive compulsory therapy or counselling of some sort. Firstly to see if they could be rehabilitated for the sake of the public and secondly to try and find a way to make them realise the enormity of what they had done.

As for taking 'at risk' children away from their parents - I've read very disturbing stories about over-zealous social workers and worry about them having more powers. Something needs to be done to ensure that they use their existing powers properly. I can only read these reports in the papers and obviously the most extreme cases will make the news, but something's wrong somewhere. It's just a matter of working out if it's deliberately wrong or not.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I've read this post about "smillie" and was horrified and my first reaction was not much different from yours but as said many times before on this thread..death penalty is nothing but an eye for an eye and there has to be a better way.

Karma is the key word here. The worst punishment has to be for these people to one day realise what they have done.

But thats just me talking.....I have no illusion that that would help to give people the feeling that justice was done.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
In the good old days after the Norman invasion we had stocks and pillories for vagabonds. But as time went by, each crime became more and more heinous because like pyschotics, we dwelt on the details, the very words, and one crime after another became capital. We got to a point in the 1830s we were hanging 5 year olds for stealing bread.
I worry very much a very screwed up individual case leading to massively overgeneralised conclusions. We assume that the state is fit to judge, but have had countless miscarraiges of justice. If an execution is done by my state, it is done in my name and turns me into a murderer unless both the law is right (which often it is not pandering to the reactionary brigade) and the judgement is right. Neither can be guaranteed, both are open to witch hunts, and so capital punishment is just not for me.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
i would rather my taxes went towards the NHS and education sytem rather than feeding them three times a day, and a roof over their heads for however long they remain in the custody of the government. They have caused unimaginable suffering to this baby and have taken away the possibility of a wonderful and prosperous life. They and others like the ie. peadophiles, and any other form of crimes against children, should have equal punishment to the harm they have caused. If that means death then so be it.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AmbroseRokewood

This is a disgusting case of a child being tourtured & beaten to death over a period of time, & a lot of anger has been veted to all who have failed this child, but here in England our once great british justice system has been turned in to a complete farce by the left wing liberals who believe that all criminals are victims & should be treated a such.

The three monsters involved in the death of this child haven't even been charged with murder, they're being charged with "causing or allowing the death of a child" it's unbelievable to think that these three child killers will be back out on the streets in a matter of years, the mother a matter of months.

We here in England can only dream of the sort of justice that your courts in the US dish out to criminals,

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alanjw72
reply to post by AmbroseRokewood

The three monsters involved in the death of this child haven't even been charged with murder,

Which is because of nothing that's actually applicable to your post. It's not as if they weren't charged with murder because it wasn't serious enough or because of some over-riding plot by "left wing liberals". It was because the police didn't think they could secure a conviction of murder because a lot of evidence - such as bedding &c - had been disposed of. However, they knew that this particular charge would stick and they wouldn't need those specific items of evidence.

We here in England can only dream of the sort of justice that your courts in the US dish out to criminals,
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Keep your dreams (and your impotent rage fantasies) to yourself, thanks.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by Merriman Weir]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join