It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think 2012 is such a big worry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I cant understand why people truly belive this predictions and rumors about 2012 and why they get so scared. I have seen news stories about people worshiping the crystal skulls because they belive that if they dont find all 11 of the crystal skulls by 2012 the great tradjedy will befall earth possibly killing all life as we know it. Also there are rumors thet they sacrifice other people and animals in order to please the god(s) to stop the great tradjedy on 2012. It seems like the closer we get to the date December 21st 2012 the more people panic and get paranoid the closer we get the more rumors and predictions pop up there are so many of these predictions and rumors about what will happen on that day it is hard to see the truth of the matter so I ask you ATS readers, What are your views and thoughts about 2012.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by Grim Shroud]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Not sure WHAT is going to happen but the emotional and worldwide buildup of anticapation/fear concentrating on that date makes it likely something is up. Be it man-made, extraterestial or cosmic in nature or a combination of those three remains to be seen.

My guess is that there is something cosmic coming our way/building up intensity that is neutral in nature and could be used for positive or negative intent. the population of this planet is being pushed towards negative with the help of a destabilizing society world-wide. Economically, ecologically and socially and it is our responsability to see through that deception and keep hanging on to a positive outlook for everyone on this planet.

Maybe it is some shift of energy that gives the opportunity for a new way of life if we let it. And maybe it has nothing to do with a dimensional/energetic shift perse but a shift in the global consciousness that has 'agreed' on that point for something new. Self-governance for example. no more 'leaders' outside of yourself.

Who knows. But in itself it is not a worry, the worry is placed into our psyches to further the goals of the people in the know ( or think they are in the know)

[edit on 17-11-2008 by Harman]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I do know what you mean by some large cosmic event, if youve noticed I watch studies and one very smart man tells about the fact that sun is growing larger and gaining more and more sun spots this happens every 4 years then it goes back to normal in size but the sun retains all the sunspots and aparently the next cycle will end in 2012 I found that pretty interesting I will get the link and post it here if you would like to watch it it however is 4 hours long but if you have the time I suggest watching it.

And aparently there was a large spacial entity that passes by the sun and almost hit earth in 2003 the goveerment, NASA and the vatican did not say anything about this as they thougth that I was going to hit earth so telling the human populas would cause mass panic and havok througthout earth. But what I found most interesting about this story was that the sun released a large flare unlike one ever seen before and pushed this entity out of its path of tragectory making it miss earth. I have read up on tihs and the object was twice yes TWICE the size of Jupiter the largest planet in our solar system.Scientists have analyzed the video taken by NASA and its path and have predicted it will return in 2012. In a different relation, people also think that is was planet X which is a whole different story in itself.

Thank you for posting harman your insights are very good i hope to see more from you in the future. Have a nice day and thank you for posting.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I agree, I don’t get it. It reminds me of Y2K a little. If the world is really going to begin to perish I don’t see the point of all this worry when we don’t have evidence that this is indeed going to happen. Again we are left with maybes. I don’t see the point in agonizing over a maybe. If it happens, it happens, be “prepared” that year for what may come if it worries you that much, if there is any way to be prepared.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The 2012 phenomenon is real. There is a building wave in the under currents of the human psyche. This leads people to assume understandings and per fess statements such as the crystal skull theories and other silly nesses. It is a result of the confusion of the actuality of the event phenomenon and their human minds trying to perceive something from blow their conscious mind level.

The 2012 phenomenon is real. It had to do with gravitational forces. Our solar system travels in a sideways spiraling arm in context to the center of our galaxy. This makes our solar system travel in a circular or spiraling formation up, across, down and under. We move through the galactic horizon twice in the estimated 26000 year circular pattern.

The 2012 phenomenon is real. For the last 20 years we have been approaching near the galactic plane that should be thought of as a super dense disk of gravitational force that is the galactic equator. Passage through that galactic equator disk of massive gravitational force starts about midMay2009 and will last to about midMay2016. It's about seven years passage and this is known as the 7 years of tribulation. the 2012 date is about mid point. There's a build up and a ramp down from that point.

The 2012 phenomenon is real. This even will create world conditions. It is the end of a world cycle. It is the "end of the world". It shouldn't be confused as the end of the planet nor the end of mankind. Though the end of the world is as bad as it might sound a good estimate of worldwide death totals is about 90% of all of mankind.

2012 is a real phenomenon. Just as the moon and other gravitational forces have been proven to hold keys to moods and states of mind within mankind, it is because of gravitational forces. Passage through the galactic equator is passage through such a dense gravitational body that it can create a massive full moon madness and also can effect the under tide of the human condition. It is the response to the gravitational phenomenon that spawns off the confused logics of many people trying to understand what it is they are sensing. This is why they make up many stories. It confuses the picture of the 2012 phenomenon but if you search through all the understandings the passage of the solar system through the galactic horizon is the cause.

the 2012 phenomenon IS REAL!!!

Happy end of the world to you!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
To anyone knowing a clearer understanding of the picture like me, we are not worried.

Some worry because they feel there is some puzzle they need put together, and this leads to the confusing stories.

Some worry because the undertow of their psyche feels something going on but they want to deny it.

Many worry about the illusion of control in a physical world, this spawns off all the "NWO" and "Big Brother" fears. They fail to see it is the psyical confusion that troubles them.

In the latest interview with Alfred E. Newman he's quoted as saying "What? Me Worry?"

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
when 2012 come around they will be complaining for the next 90 years that it was read wrong and it read backwards and was supost to be 2102. And when that ends up wrong well have to wait 3003 years till 5015 with people saying that 2102 should be put next to a mirror to show its true doomsday.

Maybe I'm being pesimistic, but in retrospect I might be optomisic. Thats why I love ATS.

Only place I know where you can cleary stand for once side and still be misunderstood to be on the the other

just being Sarcastic,
seems like evidence and calenders all point to this day as a new beginning and maybe an ends to a means, who knows.

If you believe in Aliens, it's time for the 8th Human Civilization.

If you believe in Calenders, where all screwed.

If you believe in Prophets, the beginning of the end.

If you believe in Santa Clause, then 2011 is about the last Christmas you'll ever see.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Thank you all for posting you all have very valid points and theoryson this so I have a question for all of you or actualy a few of them if you feel like answering them then have at it if not continue to post your feelings and thoughts and have a nice day.

Q1
o you think the goverment is holding out on some information about 2012 to keep panic from spreading over the earth like a virus?,if so what kind of information do you think they might have that the rest of us dont besides the obvious information that the goverment would keep from us no matter what. But do you think they know what will happen in 2012 and do you think they have a plan of action for it if the rumors about Global Death/De-population/De-stabalization is true?

Q2:This question is sort of a follow up to the 1st question, Hypotheticly lets say the goverment has known EXACTLY what will happen in 2012 for many,many years now, Do you think that when the first information about 2012 leaked out into the public eye do you think the goverment would have told us of the dire situation to come or do you think they would have withheld the information untill it was clear that humanity was on the brink of extinction?, would they have stayed quite about it untill then as to not cause mass panic?

Q3
o you belive any of the rumors about what exactly will happen in 2012 some of the most common prediction are...

>Large Celestial/Spacial event occurs causing climate changes similar to the "Chixulub" Meteor impact that wiped out the dinosaurs,Like I talked about above with the object twice the size of Jupiter almost colidng with earth.

>An Unknown Virus of unkown origins befalls earth causing Mass Death,Zombies(one of the more common viral belifs about 2012), Said virus is uncontrolable and causes Depopulation of earth,ect,ect,ect.

>One of the theorys I talked about above I will get the link to this video for you all who are intresed in it if so send me a U2U and I will be happy to give it to you but back to the point. -> Sun will die and cause earth to freeze killing off most or all Human&Animal life.

These are a few of the predictions and belifes about what will happen to our world in 2012 these are thougth up by the Media,Various societys and races there are many,many,many other sources of these predictions. I have only listed 3-4 of them up there but infact there are hundreds maybe even thousands more of these if you find any that sound incredibly plausible that you think would be interesting for us to see please post the URL for us to go and see or just post about said topic and I will read it and get back to you on it ASAP.

I would also like to hear your personal thoughts and theorys on this subject I will not take anyones side or flame your theoryor belifes because personaly i think that everyone has a right to thier own opinion and in all honesty I do not belive anything will happen there are a few very,very good theorys out there but we will have to wait untill the time comes to know the real story.

Untill then thank you for posting all of you and have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Here is the link to the video about the sun and large object twice the size of jupiter for all those that would like to see it.

video.google.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grim Shroud
Thank you all for posting you all have very valid points and theoryson this so I have a question for all of you or actualy a few of them if you feel like answering them then have at it if not continue to post your feelings and thoughts and have a nice day.

1. The Governmentships of the world only know as much as regular joes. It's not their Job to "Know" things, it's their job to hear reports and counter reports and try to build a eventuality for the worst case senerio while hoping for the best. I am of the firm belief that the Governments are conserned about the likely hood of the 2012 phenomenon, but like everyone else they hope it's all a bunch of wrong.

2. Again, mankind has not evolved to the point where a scientific report can't and won't be made lesser by a conflicting scientific report. I'm sure for every well known scientist that would tell a government body that 2012 was the end of the world there would be at least one scientist saying it was bad science. It's the place of the government to weight out all such reports and see what happens.
2.1 the way I like to address this issue is ask you a question. If you had children and you knew you and your children where going to be killed in 5 years time, and there was nothing you could do to stop this from happening, would you tell your children they were going to die and ruin the rest of their life or would you just let the children live in peace until the moment of their death?

3. I know a large part of the picture of what will happen. Much of the stuff you hear about is correct in context, but there's alot of misunderstandings of the stuff. I see it for the natural event that it is. Our Galaxy is run by the disk of gravitional force from the center of the galaxy and this is the galatic horizon. 2012 is the midway point of a seven year journy of our solarsystem passing through that super gravitional powersource.

new topics

top topics

join