It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motivation behind Obama birth certificate issue...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Could it be that it is time to make the public question the validity of state documents? Has the time come to settle this citizenship mess once and for all with a national I.D. card ("we know it isn't perfect, folks, but it will do until we perfect a more 'permanent' method")? Could the whole Obama citizenship thing be a put-on to scare us into our next relinquishment of rights?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

I don't think so. The birth certificate thing was a pitiful attempt by some of the self-proclaimed "genius" RINO's in the Republican party. There was never any validity to that; just more fear mongering and ignorance.

Trust me though, if Obama wants ID cards, he'll get them. And the droves of people who voted for him will go right along with it surrendering their rights little by little.

The Censorship Doctrine (aka the "fairness" doctrine) will probably be the first.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The Birth Certificate is the tip of the Ice Berg. There are dual citizenship issues with Kenya and Indonesia. But.... Just make it simple; If Mr. Obama has no issues to hide, why not request the public Release of his vaulted Certificate. Is there anyone reading this ashamed of their Birth?

Many States have Laws on the books that REQUIRE the production of a certified copy of your birth certificate in order to get a job! That would be the
one with the embossed seal, not the one you see on the Internet that is supposed to be Mr. Obama's.

I conclude my comments by suggesting some good reading: Read Alan Keyes
Actual Law Suit against the Secretary of State of California. The State did NOT
see a Birth certificate! And, still placed Obama on the ballot.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
First, Obama has not released his Birth Certificate. He released his Certificate of Live Birth. There is a difference between the two in the state of Hawaii. However, a Certificate of Live Birth may be used instead of a Birth Certificate, from a legal standpoint. It is frightening that people can't understand such a simple concept.

Second, ID cards are inevitable. Real-ID is the law, signed by president Bush in 2005. The states have filed extensions to come into compliance to Real-ID. Federal buildings and airports will require them on December 31, 2009.

Could the whole Obama citizenship thing be a put-on to scare us into our next relinquishment of rights?

Of course. Problem-reaction-solution. The problem is that American's don't want rights, they want government to be their daddy. Dependent and helpless are apparently stronger human traits than freedom and liberty.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by METACOMET]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
How long will it take somebody to forge the real ID's?

Seems like no matter what document you have, the validity of them can always be called into question.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Honestly though I wouldent mind having my passport, driver's license, SS card, etc all in one document.

Many nations have some form of national ID and not all of them are fascist or Communist dictatorships.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
why has he constantly used law to hide behind, I did not believe at first, now after all the law suits, he still only has to supply a peice of paper, the real one. I for one, am a former GI and I was asked to uphold the constitution. How can I protect the President if he is not forth comming.

new topics

top topics

join