It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunset for Sunnyvale: Trailer Park Boys cancelled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Sunset for Sunnyvale: Trailer Park Boys cancelled

network.nationalpost.com

Ricky will soon munch his last chicken fingers and stub out his last joint. Julian will drink his final rum and Coke, and Bubbles will steal shopping carts no more. There will not be an eighth season: Following a Dec. 7 special, and a movie to follow next October, Trailer Park Boys will come to an end.

Trailer Park Boys creator Mike Clattenburg broke the news at Showcase's Sideshow blog yesterday. He had this to say:

“Over the past few months there has been a lot of discussion among our fans and those in the media about the future of Trailer Park Boys. Will there be another season, another special, another movie? The last thing we want to do is keep our loyal fans in the dark about the show we have all loved doing for the past eight years, so we’d like now to shed some light.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Well thanks to the fn Conservative right wing moral police and their fn Bill that does not allow "art" to be made that may not meet their idea of "morality" we can no longer view what, how and why LOWER CLASS Canadian’s live.

Yea....I know ....lower class Canadians do not reallllly live like this...WRONG!!!

This is WHY we like it...it is a parody of our own lives!!!

What is very telling is the people in power in Canada are FULLY COMPLETELY DISCONNECTED from the street.

Our Prime Minister was raised in the Christian and Missionary Alliance Church, which, in my opinion, can be compared to be raised by the Spanish Inquisition. MFers would be a term I would use when I think of these pigs dressed up as Priests and Ministers who pose as God Fearing Christians.

I know....I went to a seminary for 6 months sponsored by the Christian and Missionary Alliance before I discovered it was all a ruse ran by closet homosexuals dressed up as ministers who hold Doctor of Divinity degree….or…..and…they get their “donations” from drug kingpins who launder their money through various churches with the full knowledge of the Preston Manning Christian and Missionary Alliance. Fn Pigs.

Yep...I long for the days of Prime Minister Chretian who when asked what he would do if offered a joint and he said he would try it and then pay the fine. Thats real....

unlike our current prime Minister who would be to afraid that he would smear his lipstick!

network.nationalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

[edit on 17-11-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggg . . .

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
GODDAMNIT!!!!

This show was one of the best things to come out of Canada in a while.

I'll admit, the new seasons kind of suck, but old school TPB is friggin golden.

Oh how I hate Harper

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Yea this really pisses me off. I have a lot of friends who work for various film projects in Saskatchewan and this means that they will be looking for work because of Harper's view on the arts.

BUT this program was cut specifcaly because THE HARPER GOVERMENT did not like the way it portrays Canadian Culture....read this...

In response to criticisms that the cuts represent a further attack on cultural spending in Canada, the government said that the cuts were aimed at specific programs, not arts in general.
artthreat.net...

THIS is akin to Goverment book burning in my opinion. Lower middleclass
Candians need to have a cultural voice as well.

Flag this to protest the ART POLICE in Canada.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
You mean the government was funding the show???
Well there's the problem in the first place.

Good art truly fetches it's own price. If it can't sustain itself, being the Canadian Icon it is, then maybe it's not so Canadian after all? Surely a program with good ratings would easily take in advertising revenue.

As you said the recent episodes weren't that good so maybe the creative juices were no longer flowing.

I watched some of the stuff on youtube and it's pretty damn funny. Maybe it needs to get out of the Canadian cage and come to the US market!!! People are looking for all things funny now and Canada has always been a great source of entertainment!!! Get in touch with Mr. Clattenburg, start a petition, start some social networking groups and get the series into the right hands that can make a good dollar with it.

Canuckistan has to get out of the frame of mind that the government owes the people & the arts. The CRTC is a protectionist pseudo communist scheme and should be laid to rest already. Privatize the entertainment industry there and you will be the new home of Hollywood.

The CRTC (commie FCC) is your problem, not your president/prime minister.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Another silly show that I have never heard of. Thank God I am not paying for cable. LOL

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

You've never heard of it?
It's a cult status TV show here, just watch a few episodes to understand why.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I live across the street from a trailer park and have never met any of the characters portrayed in the video linked above when I was over there. Tell me please that Canadian trailer parks are not really like that.

Edited to add that the trailer park across the street has lots of Canadians from October through April.

[edit on 11-17-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
That's horrible news.
The Trailer Park Boys are timeless.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This is upsetting, after the TPB movie aired on Comedy Central, I downloaded all the seasons, great GREAT show.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Ahhh, tpb, you will be truly missed, I remember getting to watch a few episodes on BBC USA a few years ago, but with the editing on there, it almost seemed like a real documentery. I mean, I am from North Carolina and I see people who do that (growing dope, stealing power, scrap metal theft, living out of cars) everyday. Though to the person who wants to bring it here, no chance, they've tried petitioning Shotime and HBO to run it, because Showcase is owned by the same people and run many of the same series, but to no avail. I guess the last word will have to be "Corey, Trevor, come on smokes and chips".

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I live across the street from a trailer park and have never met any of the characters portrayed in the video linked above when I was over there. Tell me please that Canadian trailer parks are not really like that.

Edited to add that the trailer park across the street has lots of Canadians from October through April.

I grew up in an American Trailer Park, and it was EXACTLY like this.

As Kid Rock said "I'm not straight outta Compton... I'm straight out the trailer!"

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by groingrinder

I grew up in an American Trailer Park, and it was EXACTLY like this.

As Kid Rock said "I'm not straight outta Compton... I'm straight out the trailer!"

Dammmm straight brother.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
If you know about the Trailer Park Boys you would understand that this is truly Alternative News....as well as political news but I may be wrong ...but I wonder how many mods have seen the show and understand the statement.

It got moved to POLITICAL News....so in light of that observe....

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to

You mean the government was funding the show???
orum/thread412270/pg1#pid5330733" target="_blank" class="postlink">post by Atlantican

Yes. That is the system here.

I pay my power bill to the goverment..they own it....and they do a very good jod of it.

My phone bill is payed to the goverment...and they do a not bad job.

My cable bill is payed to a co op....and it is by far the best cable company ever...they do not charge for service calls or install!!! beat that and they have low price highspeed...$9.95 per month for highspeed cable modem...

so it has its good points.....and as my brother from Sacremento says..."its freer than the states"....and he would know he is American made!!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
"Hey Lahey knock knock"

"Who's there Rick"

"Mr. Stupidey head thats F$%@ing pissing me off right now, thinks hes captain of the s%$# liner and by the way your fishsticks sucks, f$#@ off."

Best line ever said in any TV show.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 17-11-2008 by ben420]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
Canuckistan has to get out of the frame of mind that the government owes the people & the arts.

I'm assuming you meant own, instead of owe.

The Canadian government does NOT own me, and I don't know any other Canadians that do think the government owns them.

Then again, I live on the west coast, and we are a different breed than eastern Canadians.

top topics

join