It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some people believe people with power will always misuse it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I'm referring to this with regard to NWO and Illuminati hoohah.

Is it because they have seen people corrupted by power first hand?
Are the seeing what they would do if they had power?
Is it the tall poppy syndrome?
Is it plain pessimism?
Is it because of irrefutable evidence?
Is it because they don't feel in control of their life so they want to blame someone?

Myself, I find it very saddening that people will automatically assume that people like Obama, Bush, Rockefellers are all about the money and the power. I believe that MOST of these people have good intentions of doing the best for the people.

????

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
this is pretty simple, i'm saddened that you don't get it.

the only power these people have is over your life, if they have power it means you do not. these people do not labor, they're kept through the administration of your labor. if they make money it is through your efforts. you have labored for their benefit.

there is an extent to which allowing administration of my labor is mutually beneficial so i can accept a certain portion of my labor being used in exchange for administration. similarly, there is a certain level of freedom i am willing to relinquish to society as it is mutually beneficial to all.

basically, the bankers and politicians in our society are the people who administrate the system (the system is called society). the balance of society is based on the balance of administration vs benefit to the individual.

when this balance is tipped too much to one side or the other it destabilises the society, a stable system becomes a corrupt system.

therefore, once there is too much power or money invested in the administrators the system is, by it's nature, corrupt and unfortunately, the only elements that survive in a corrupt system are the corrupt element.

once bankers and politicians have more power and money than is mutually beneficial they must be corrupt.

[edit on 17/11/08 by pieman]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by who_knows
I'm referring to this with regard to NWO and Illuminati hoohah.

Is it because they have seen people corrupted by power first hand?
Are the seeing what they would do if they had power?
Is it the tall poppy syndrome?
Is it plain pessimism?
Is it because of irrefutable evidence?
Is it because they don't feel in control of their life so they want to blame someone?

Myself, I find it very saddening that people will automatically assume that people like Obama, Bush, Rockefellers are all about the money and the power. I believe that MOST of these people have good intentions of doing the best for the people.

????

You've kind of answered your own question here. When you qualify what you say with a capitalised "MOST" as a very clear caveat you're admitting that there are some that will abuse or misuse this power. As long as that's the case, it's inevitable and perhaps, to an extent, prudent to be wary of people with so much power.

Also, you have to bear in mind that much of the Western world is driven by the want of money. On some level, it's what motivates the vast majority of people. For every person that's happy with a meagre lifestyle, there's a dozen who will happily admit to wanting more, more, more. It's a given that the people behind corporatism, the banks &c are the kind of people who want more, more, more. When was the last time you heard of a CEO or a business owner saying 'right, we've earned our money now, so let's shut up shop'? It just doesn't happen. It's always more, more, more.

What's more, it's also a given that the more they have - in that they've got successful and 'big' - the more able they are to get more, because they can play dirtier than everyone else. It gets to the point where they can pay for the rules to be bent in their favour or just buy new rules completely.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
It is human nature, and rightly so, to believe that we as individuals are masters of our own will and destiny. People fear losing the power of making the choices to fulfill either or both and will always assume that those with more perceived power than they have will seek to subvert the rest. And for some it will always be true.

Society is a cooperative effort but may always conflict with a minority, or at times a majority, opinion of the population. Truly, no one wants to be caught on the impinged side. Even though not sharing an opinion does not imply being unable to share a generally cooperative existence.

But I can say this, and mean it with the most sincere knowledge my heart possesses...

There is nothing to fear from those in power that can compare to what we have to fear from those willing to submit to power.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Because there is an excellent track record of them doing so?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

When was the last time you heard of a CEO or a business owner saying 'right, we've earned our money now, so let's shut up shop'? It just doesn't happen. It's always more, more, more.

What's more, it's also a given that the more they have - in that they've got successful and 'big' - the more able they are to get more, because they can play dirtier than everyone else. It gets to the point where they can pay for the rules to be bent in their favour or just buy new rules completely.

Hmmm it is just my guess, by the nature of the mix of people that I know, that only a small minority would be in it just for the money.

I think once they have more than they could ever need it would become about the thrill of competition, proving they are better than the rest. Being proud of their company doing well. In a sense their driver is money still, but it doubt the many would be thinking I need more, more, more so I can do as I please and control people. At least in the more civilised countries anyway.

I agree with everyone that power in the hands of a few is a dangerous thing. But I guess it is just an unavoidable phenomena.

Why do people think politicians try so hard to get the top job? Does Obama get a kick out of ruling people, or does he think he has what it takes to help millions of people? What about Dmitry Medvedev?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
two things,
first, although a small proportion of people from any random group will be the type that are motivated solely by money or solely by power, the people that end up in the top jobs in politics or business could only have succeeded in attaining that position by being the one in 5000 person motivated strongly by these things. this will mean you have the situation reversed, it is now 1 in 5000 who isn't built this way.

the other thing is the idea that this situation is unavoidable, this isn't true.
in practice, the thing which regulates the level of corruption is the size of the gap between the lowest level and the highest level. if there is less than 2 levels corruption is almost impossible, it it is above 10 it is almost unavoidable.

to regulate corruption you must reduce the number of levels between the top and the bottom, small business, small government and small nations.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I think that there will always be two sides and every shade in between for every energy. The police officer who enjoys serving and protecting can also serve himself and hurt others. The Psychiatrist can help others, or can be a little crazy himself. The doctor who actually enjoys hurting people. The energy can swing both directions. Then there are all the people who fit nicely in the middle somewhere.
People who go into power positions like that may have at first been natural leaders, the person who was ambitious, had a combination of charm and intellect. The person who could manage people. But when that energy becomes negative, they use it for their own means, and it seems most times that a person will push it to see how far they can go. Because we know this, we don't trust. How do we know when they will turn too far on that wheel? How do you know anymore? The desire to go into a position like that is suspicious in and of itself. The ability for a good guy to even get that far is questioned.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely".

No one man can wield too much power without it eventually corrupting him. Take back your power. No man wields power over another man other than that which is given. Take it back.

You are the Employer, they are the employee and its time to fire them

1.Total destruction of the Company
2. Illegal practices
3. Total disregard for the wishes of the Employment staff

Kick the bums out.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
once cities started being built people had to walk further to take a crap. toilets and trench had to start being used in order to keep the crap from piling up. someone has to clean it up and eventually then it becomes a family thing and then before you know it society is divided. hey, we know your family is willing to clean up the crap so let's keep it that way.

now everyone in society has to make a judgment call about who is better than who and this forms the basis for that society's leadership. it wouldn't work any other way.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
My input is an excerpt from Alonso Manuel Corral's Apostolic Letters, letter 5 written in 2005.

"By virtue of temporal power, as supreme head of the universe, the Pope possesses supreme authority over all humans. That is; over the members of the true church and over those outside her, without any exception, and possesses full power of dominion over all things. There is no excuse whatsoever for rejecting the authority of the Pope and deny him due submission and obedience. This must be absolute and unconditional that is in full acceptance of his infallable teachings, even to martyrdom if need be. The word of the Pope is the self same voice of God.
www.youtube.com...

Now, your question was again? Ahh.. yes..misuse of power by those with it...

What is the quote I'm looking for...i'll paraphrase incase I'm off a smidge:
Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely.

Are you willing to obey the Pope obediently, unconditionally as he is said to be due, even if you must die rather than reject or deny his power and supreme authority over All humans and things in the entire universe as he is the Vicor and his word is the same as the voice of God?

Well? are you?
Albeit King Solomon may have been worthy of my trust of his power had I lived in his time. Not so sure about the vaticular God human.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Because if I were in their shoes, I would probably do the same thing. Many people swear that they wouldn't change if they were rich. I don't believe them. The friends you have will no longer be friends because they will be jealous. You will have to make more friends who are on your level. You will have to hire people to look after your best interest and then hire more people to watch the first group you hired. Then greed kicks in. You want to see if you can make even more money. If you want something badly, you will pay lots of money for it. And if they won't sell it to you then you would use your influence to get it or take it from them. Money equals power and power does corrupt.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by who_knows

I think people need to understand that asking one guy to take care of an entire country is just insane. No matter the amenities, the paycheck, or the servants it is just to much. Corruption is just gonna happen in this type of system we have now.

We need a change. People need to all stand up and take responsibility.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Because they misused the power that got them there in the first place. Over and over again. You wanna make it to the top being Mr. Nice Guy? Many here who made it know exactly who and how they needed to f%#k somebody to step above them. If you wanna be rich you gonna have to get money. Whose money? Other peoples money. That's the philosphy. Capitalism has nothing to do with being educated or smart. Only works on corruption. Ther is no difference between organized crime or coorporate business. The one is endorsed by governmental laws and the other isn't. Even though it seems they both are. For that we have the laywers to make it all eligable. I could rant on and on, but I am sure by now tou get the picture.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by Benarius]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Power corrupts.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

top topics

join