It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Albino girl, 6, murdered, dismembered in Africa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Albino girl, 6, murdered, dismembered in Africa

www.news.com.au

CRIMINALS with suspected links to witch doctors have murdered a six-year-old albino girl in Burundi in eastern Africa and taken her severed limbs.
At least two albinos were murdered and mutilated in September in Burundi.
Police had said they suspected criminals of hunting albinos to sell their organs and limbs to witch doctors in Tanzania who use them for lucky charms.
In neighbouring Tanzania, at least 27 albinos, mostly women and children, have been killed in different parts of the country over the past year alone
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
It isnt lucky if you are an albino in this part of the world.

Where would we be without Johnny and Edgar Winters !!

What is so lucky about albino's.

They are prized collectibles in every species zoologically speaking.

""This little girl is the third albino victim of such barbaric crimes in our province since September. We are doing everything we can to find the killers,'' Ruyigi province prosecutor Nicodeme Gahimbare said. The recent attacks against the small central African country had prompted the local authorities to set up a shelter where the albinos in Ruyigi province were invited to gather. "

Mungo

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17/11/2008 by mungodave]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I've done a thread about a similar disgusting abuse of children in Africa here.

Rather than 'Witchdoctors' as is the case here, these children are being killed and mutilated in the name of Christ. However, the premise is the same: exploiting the poor and the uneducated with children paying the price for it.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Just as bad as being an albino in Compton.

Goes to show how primitive some parts of the world still are. And their governments are to blame. I hate feeling so powerless in my comfy chair.

But alas! Oil, ipods, guitar hero and America's next top model are more important to most. They will scroll over the story so fast hoping it goes away on its own.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
Just as bad as being an albino in Compton.

Goes to show how primitive some parts of the world still are. And their governments are to blame. I hate feeling so powerless in my comfy chair.

But alas! Oil, ipods, guitar hero and America's next top model are more important to most. They will scroll over the story so fast hoping it goes away on its own.

What is important is that which is immediately in our environment.

You know.. "That which is out of our sight is also out of our mind"

You can't mess with that principle. It has a huge amount of power. It's why they say that "If the belly is full, there is no revolution".

It's also the biggest reason behind civilization... we were all nomads until we stumbled on a place where grain grew amazingly, so we made some beer and bread, got hungover and decided to put our efforts behind making more beer and bread.

These things are horrible yes, and whenever we have a chance to make a difference, it does wonders for our own souls to put forward the effort or money, but you can't blame the person who is surrounded by the secular items you mentioned as being somehow responsible.

new topics

top topics

join