It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inhofe: Cancel the 'blank check'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Inhofe: Cancel the 'blank check'

www.tulsaworld.com

"It is just outrageous that the American people don't know that Congress doesn't know how much money he (Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson) has given away to anyone,'' the Oklahoma Republican told the Tulsa World.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Somebody actually stood up and said something . . . finally. Too bad it happened so late . . . after more than $250 billion has already been handed out.

Does anyone think that they'll actually move to take back the 'blank cheque' and if they do, what will the ramifications be on our economy?

Do you think we will hear to same doom and gloom that we heard last time and will you believe it?

www.tulsaworld.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Inhofe...always liked him.

Oklahoma is full of great people who love the Constitution and love the idea that Oklahoma is a free and independent state who are part of The United States under the laws given to all via the US Constition.

S and F

God Bless Oklahoma.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

I actually emailed him and thanked him for voting against the bailout. I told him he won my vote even though I don't agree with him on many issues. He was the only Republican I voted for. He sent me back a very informative letter and the reasons he voted against it. I have alot of respect for him. I wish Obama had voted against it also....that worries me.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
will it make a difference when the MegaCorps are using transfer pricing.

Check this link out. *I feel the amounts are off by a few Trillion myself though)
abcnews.go.com...

Yet not all of the corporations examined by the GAO paid little or no tax due to the use of transfer pricing. A large number of corporations pay no taxes because they are what's known as "shell" corporations, or companies established as legal entities but do little if any actual business.

Not to mention AIG..
www.innercitypress.org...

Update of October 25, 2004: Call it meltdown -- or a threat to go fully offshore. On October 21, AIG's Hank Greenberg reacted to the news that this company is the subject of a grand jury probe by complaining, "We do business all over the world and the place we are having the most problems is right here in the U.S. We are the same company that we always have been." Masters of account smoothing, and since buying American General, of predatory lending too...

then the cherry that tops it off:
news.smh.com.au...

The US government Monday announced a dramatic boost in a restructured aid package for insurer American International Group, taking the total from 85 billion US dollars to more than 150 billion

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
Inhofe...always liked him.

Oklahoma is full of great people who love the Constitution and love the idea that Oklahoma is a free and independent state who are part of The United States under the laws given to all via the US Constition.

S and F

God Bless Oklahoma.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by whiteraven]

Really?

Full of free and independent thinkers?

Is that why possession of marijuana in OK has historically been given sentences of upwards of 99 years in prison?

Yeah.. real free minded folk there.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Please don't take this as a personal slap, or an indictment of anyone who enjoys the occasional 'industrial strength salad' every now and then, but maybe the good folks in Oklahoma spend more time scruitinizing their public servants and elected officials to the point they actually do something useful and a bit less time on their couches, burning a fatty and laughing at reruns of The Munsters whilst nibbling down a tube of Pringles.

Just a thought . . .

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Yeah, I'm sorry to be off topic with that.. I just couldn't help it. OK is the last place I would call "Friendly to Freedom".

Critical of leaders.. sure I'll give them that one.

But anyone who white washes the state with a "Friendly to Freedom" brush hasn't got the whole story.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
When the bill was enacted a Congressional Oversight Panel was created to review the state of the markets, current regulatory system, and the Treasury Department's management of the Troubled Asset Relief Program.

So what is really the problem?

nomedals.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

C'mon, you know the song lyrics as well as I do...
"We DON'T smoke marijuana in Muskogee,
we DON'T take our trips on '___'.
We DON'T burn our draft cards down on Main Street.
We like living right, and being free."

Anyway, on topic...
Good for Inhofe. I don't think it will mean anything, though. The Administration and their friends Pelosi, Ried, Obama, McCain, and the usual gang of idiots ramrodded the bill through after only 2 attempts. I have very little doubt that they'd use the very same ramrod to silence any critics who get too close to making trouble for their buddies in the banking & insurance sectors.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The amazement hits me when I see how little scrutiny this get's in the MSM.

Either that or they finagle the verbiage to make the situation into an unspoken acceptable 'given'.

Wish more would demand to know. Where the hell are all those Hollywood 'activist' stars? Don't they care to cry out for the common man???/ [/sarcasm]

top topics

join