It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Tsarion - The destruction of Atlantis!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
This is a presentation of Michael Tsarion called "The Destruction Of Atlantis - Was Atlantis A Center Of Advanced Civilization". The quality of the video is not so good, but the information and images are so rich with knowledge and wisdom! He will soon be featured on the SciFi channel this summer in 2006. Soon you can order a new collection of his work on DVD (60 hours long): www.originsandoracles.com Read his excellent book: Atlantis, Alien Visitation and Genetic Manipulation. Step out of the matrix and examine Tsarion's research deep into man's history. Asking questions that your Religion does not want to discuss, and finding answers that science cannot explain. You purchase a copy of this book at his website:

I just found this on google video. OK it is 2 hours long, but please please watch it. This guy has done his homework and i do ahve agreat respect for him and his theories. He is a good friend of Jordan Maxwell who i also hold a dear respect for.

So hold on for 2 hours of excellent information from Atlantis to the Nazis and today's government.

video link

Peace.

Google Video Link

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 1234567

It's strange an obviously-allegorical story about a country could be so viciously clung-to by people.

Dr. Julia Annas has this to say:

The continuing industry of discovering Atlantis illustrates the dangers of reading Plato. For he is clearly using what has become a standard device of fiction — stressing the historicity of an event (and the discovery of hitherto unknown authorities) as an indication that what follows is fiction. The idea is that we should use the story to examine our ideas of government and power. We have missed the point if instead of thinking about these issues we go off exploring the sea bed. The continuing misunderstanding of Plato as historian here enables us to see why his distrust of imaginative writing is sometimes justified.

Plato was a philosopher, not a historian. He was using Atlantis as a setting to encourage discussion on government, not discussing an actual place.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by 1234567

It's strange an obviously-allegorical story about a country could be so viciously clung-to by people.

The continuing industry of discovering Atlantis illustrates the dangers of reading Plato. For he is clearly using what has become a standard device of fiction — stressing the historicity of an event (and the discovery of hitherto unknown authorities) as an indication that what follows is fiction. The idea is that we should use the story to examine our ideas of government and power. We have missed the point if instead of thinking about these issues we go off exploring the sea bed. The continuing misunderstanding of Plato as historian here enables us to see why his distrust of imaginative writing is sometimes justified.

Plato was a philosopher, not a historian. He was using Atlantis as a setting to encourage discussion on government, not discussing an actual place.

At the end of the day there is no proof either way, so to take the word of one against the other is just your own preference. My preference is to keep an open mind into both sides. We just dont know and to hold on to a belief that it is just imaginative writings IMO is unwise. There is much we dont know about our history due to it all being distorted and written with a political influence.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
And one final note to all......

This is not just about Atlantis. Please spend some time to watch the video, it is most interesting not just about Atlantis but about symbolism, the rise of the NAZIs and global manipulation.

Very interesting IMO.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 1234567

The rational mind requires evidence before believing something is true. Otherwise we open our minds up to the rantings of anyone with the ability to type on a keyboard, which clearly isn't going to help anyone.

So yes, keep an open mind, but don't assume it's a case of equal arguments - there is not any evidence contradictory to the position of atlantis not existing, but there is plenty in support.

I appreciate there's more in the video, but if you mention Atlantis on a site like this, it's asking for trouble. I thought I'd outline the reason Plato talked about it, what he was, and what he was trying to achieve. Which, funnily enough, is directly in line with the wishes of most people on this board - a fruitful, frank discussion of government.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
OK fair comment. I didnt realise Atlantis was such a taboo subject on here. Next time i will know and thanks for informing me.

Its right we must keep an open mind but like you say, not too open otherwise we end up nowhere. I have never been an Atlantis supporter, but i was actually more interested in the other video contents which was suprisingly good, but again a taboo subject (ET genetic involvement in human history). However it was a good and interesting notheless.

Like all "people's" theories, they are just theories, and we have to assimilate the information and deduce for ourselves what is fact or fiction.

Anyway thanks for your comments, most appreciated

Peace.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 1234567

It's not a taboo subject by any means - it's just that it tends to bring out some rather loonified people, and will usually derail any sensible discussion.

Thanks for being rational about this! I like how you think.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by 1234567

I appreciate your level headed approach to the topic, it gives us balance between the current paradigm of thought, straight and demanding evidence, and the imaginative lands that certain areas of thought can bring us.

But just as you propose, Atlantis as being a completely allegorical concept, used as a tool by Plato to communicate ideals, ideas, general concepts about government and social organisation...

Examine his allegory of the cave.
I wont go into details explaining it's details here, but do you not admit, that that same set of circumstances, HAVE been, intentionally or not, used, in the psychological testing and guinea-pigging of people during the shock-treatments, and chemical experiments of the CIA's MK-ULTRA?

Restricting subjects into restraints, forcing them to absorb specific visual and auditory stimuli.
Think the final climatic scenes of "A Clockwork Orange"
Where the main character is restrained and forced to be exposed to images of violence in order to re-program his mind to be sick of that type of behavior.

Extrapolate that times a few billion people, replace the restraints with the "desire to relax" in a sofa after a hard days work, with the subject staring into the massive barrage of programming from a 40 inch wide high definition plasma television set.

His concept of being restrained in a horseshoe shaped indentation at the back of a cave, being exposed to nothing but the visual information of silhouettes portrayed on the back of the cave wall, created by puppetry masters behind and above the indented horseshoe shape.. using puppets in front of a bonfire.. to cast those shadows at the back of the wall which all the subjects observe their entire life... knowing nothing but those images.. and what they represent... some.. feeding time.. some .. sex time.. etc .. etc..

Plato's ideas and comments have time-sensitive dynamic repercussions.

If the concept of "Atlantis" was merely something to "get people into the cool trend of thinking about government"... I'll be DAMNED.

He described a perfect Utopia, something that any intelligent civilisation of elites would strive for.. perfect efficiency for advancement and intellectual growth.
The radial concentric circles of intersected land and water, the most efficient methods of irrigation, and social order..

whether "allegorical concept" or not...

WILL be created eventually because it's a logistical apex of any society.. eventually.

so, while I appreciate your side of thinking , the OP has his mind in the right place AS WELL, as seeing Atlantis as being something that would and will be created.. or.. re-created, because most appraised the architectural manifestations of human creation, regarding social structure, are both at the same time symbolic, (with hidden allegorical roots), AND functionary as truly useful to the inhabitants.

Just look at Washington D.C.

-

new topics

top topics

join