It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive 'Homeland Defense' Joint Exercise Is Under Way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Massive 'Homeland Defense' Joint Exercise Is Under Way

www.alternet.org

Joint military exercise ‘Vigilant Shield,’ involving maritime, aerospace, ballistic missile defense is under way.

This week and into next, NorthCom and NORAD are conducting a joint exercise called “Vigilant Shield ’09.”

Last year’s exercise included “the simulated detonation of three nuclear dispersal devices.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
gnn.tv

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
On GNN, they say...

"The particularly huge Golden Guardian component in California, taking place from 13-18 Nov, will be the largest emergency exercise in the history of the state of California, and the largest earthquake drill in U.S. history. It will involve an estimated 5 million Californians, or roughly a seventh of the state population."

Looks to me like NORTHCOM is training and getting geared up for Marshall Law and they have 5 millions Californians to train with and all kinds of Alphabet Soup Agencies to play with!

I also found it scary to say the least last years exercise was based on nuclear detonations knowing that they had been doing training simulations in case someone flew airplanes into skyscrapers long before 911.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I am not happy with all of the training that they are doing on the west coast. At least no cities ended up getting nuked during the last training session, so I am not too worried about this one.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I'm not worried. Bush has kept us safe for this long. Ungrateful liberals will say anything to scare everyone. This training is to fortify the homeland.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Those poor alphabet soup agencies can't win. They get their credibility shot by one major disaster and then when they try and run a few exercises that will actually help them prepare for a large scale disaster they get accused of mischief. Are there any downsides to having a full scale exercise like this one in California?

*edited to make it harder to detract from topic at hand*

[edit on 17-11-2008 by beaverg]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Hmph, just another attempted reminder to the public to remain afraid in my opinion.

Oh, thank you overlords for training us how to act in a well controlled panic free hypothetical scenario... lol.
What do they expect?

You can train all you want... if the real thing happens, all the training in the world won't count for peanuts.

They're not stupid, they understand this aswell... but it's a convenient way to renew the publics fear, and buy a little loyalty through that fear.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Bush kept you safe???

Did you miss 9/11?

But then your statement is a good example of propoganda working correctly!!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

You have a bizarre definition of safety.

Bush ignored the very documents given to him that could have prevented 9/11 from happening.
What did he do instead of working on the countries issues? Went on vacation... until that document he ignored came back to bite him in the rear (9/11)

And after that?

Well... you started with one organization who wanted to plot against the US... and now you've made enemies of an entire region of the world who would now jump at the chance to place an American head on a spike.

But... there will always be Bush apologizers... someone's gotta speak for the mentally handicapped.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

You are right, the human factor really screws up planning when moving from exercise to real life. But last October (07) 800k were evacuated for a real life situation... so with this drill I'm guessing it didn't go over as well as they would have hoped.

reply to post by patsy22

LOL, Pluckys sarcasm goes over another head.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
plucky, really good sarcasm, at first, I believed you!
I guess I'm reading too much Nazi Germany historic litterature...

Anyway.

Well it's sure training for MARTIAL law, but it won't happen now because it will happen under Obama. Obama will be the new savior, the new unificator of the US, the glorious leader fighting Al-Qaeda! Uniting neo-cons and democrats into war against Pakistan and probably Iran! Go Obama!

It won't happen yet, but there's a 95% chance that it will happen in 09. And it will be bigger than 911 for sure. Probably nuclear... people are terrified of nuclear weapons.

And what city/ies will be hit? Chicago? Home of Obama? New York? Because... it's New York. Portland? Because the democrats hate Portland? Seattle? Houston? Those texans, you've got to make them angry and blame it on the terrorists so they love Obama... Miami? Tourists... Phoenix? Because McCain talked about it during the debates being attacked or nuked. Others cities include San Francisco and Los Angeles.

new topics

top topics

join