It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Britain's Immigration Minister Resigns.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Britain's Immigration minister,Bevely Hughes, has resigned.This could be just the tip of the iceburg.Home Secretary ,David Blunket has defended the minister despite growing evidence that she misled Parliament.

Hughes has faced ongoing pressure
Immigration Minister Beverley Hughes has resigned after admitting she had been told about a suspected visa scam.

news.bbc.co.uk...

This is turning into a scandel and it is not impossible,though unlikely,that more heads could roll.

[Edited on 1-4-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I'm glad she has gone, I saw her in a few interviews including Question Time and it was obvious she was out of her depth. She didn't have a clue and lied through her teeth.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
She really was all over the place. Much like the immigration policy of the Blair goverment.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparks
She really was all over the place. Much like the immigration policy of the Blair goverment.

Thats true. When KayEm came over last year for us to marry, she was subjected to an hour long interrogation.
(When did you meet ?, how did you meet ?, why do you want to marry in England ? etc etc etc). Her last two flights to the UK were fine, she was just waved through but not this time. In the end I had to have an 'interview' with the Immigration agent to verify what KayEm had said). Meanwhile, Osama bin Laden clones were just waved through. So much for the 'Special relationship'

Basically, if you do things the 'right' way they will # all over you. Maybe she should have just come in illegally.

new topics

top topics

join