It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answers in Genesis censorship campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hey all, I just wanted to alert you to the fact creationist organization Answers In Genesis are currently going DMCA happy on videos critical of their viewpoint. Youtube user ExtantDodo I think has set a record by being suspended for a 4th time for false DMCA claims. If you know of other smaller channels affected by this or simply wish to alert youtube of the sheer BS of all of this, please contact them.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Youtube is filled with both types, authorized and non-authorized material. Of course they cannot keep up with everything all the time, and yes they do tend to go overboard and remove stuff that does not "ride the tide" of points of view, perhaps to keep their place of acceptance on a level of acceptability to the mass acceptance.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Youtube is filled with both types, authorized and non-authorized material. Of course they cannot keep up with everything all the time, and yes they do tend to go overboard and remove stuff that does not "ride the tide" of points of view, perhaps to keep their place of acceptance on a level of acceptability to the mass acceptance.

Cheers!!!!

No, this is about AiG exploiting youtube's DMCA take down process. They automatically take down material upon request. ExtantDodo had every legal right to do his videos as they fell under "Fair Use." Not to mention Christian Science Evangelism's infamous campaign last year despite Kent saying in every one of his videos they weren't copyrighted.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

could you please provide a link to verify both claims

thankyou

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I've heard about them doing this for quite a while now. Obviously the truth hurts too much to bare.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
All this is under the user AndromedasWake's information for the video "Support ExtantDodo!" With more information how you can contact YouTube about ExtantDodo's suspension.

The user AndromadasWake's video "Support ExtantDodo" (account still suspended)

Mirrors of ExtantDodo's videos on various channels and under new accounts on YouTube.
ExtantDodoLiberation
TheDodosRevenge
ExtantD0d0
ExtantDodoz
ExtantDodo2
DontBendOverForAllah
JohnTraviss
Fataalex

For the moment, all the mirrors of the videos are watchable, not quite sure for how long though. Further search for other articles relating to this came up empty. But, what I did come upon was some people out there are pretty angry, and have already began to DoS up sites relating to both sides of the censorship issue. So, watch'em while you can.

new topics

top topics

join