It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Obama to endorse Arab Peace Plan' The oxymoron of the century!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Arab peace plan

Quoting an adviser to Obama, the report states that during his visit to the Middle East in July, the President-elect said Israel would be "crazy" to refuse a deal that could "give them peace with the Muslim world."

(please visit site for full story.)

It sounds more like what Obama is saying is: 'let me make you an offer you can't refuse.' Sorry, but Arabs and peace don't make a bit of sense to me!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
thats borderline racism.

''Arabs and peace dont make sense.''

Are you that brainwashed you picture every arab with a bomb under their vest?

News Flash,

those hundred thousand + arabs who are killing Americans and bombing people were living 'peaceful' lives before america destroyed Iraq you know.

Granted there are fanatics in the muslim world, but there's just as many in the American world, I say world because people who think like that are genuinely Americans who believe they ARE the world, and everyone must follow.

comments like yours pi$$ me off,

For there to be peace between the Arabs and Israel, both sides need to pull there heads in!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
And so it begins...

The bottom feeders and racists trump it with language.

The arms dealers trump it with lobbying and freebies to destablize,

The ignorant TRUMPET... well, they trumpet their entry level knowledge of the thing as if it matters to the bottom feeders, racists, and arms dealers.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I'm confused. One day I read on ATS Obama surrounds himself with Zionist. Next I hear he's a ARAB lover! Maybe he believes in negotion and not use of force, unless there is no other option.

Theodore Roosevel said 'Speak Soft and Carry a big stick'. Not Carry a big stick and smack 'em.

You know what really doesn't make sense to me Religion and Peace. Heck White people and Peace. Old Rich White Men and Peace. Catholic Church and Peace. I could go on for days.

There really needs to be a negative flag system here.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by djpaec]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

JERUSALEM – President-elect Barack Obama today phoned Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and pledged to work to establish a Palestinian state as soon as possible, a senior PA negotiator told WND.

end game

Joel 3:2 (New King James Version)
New King James Version (NKJV)

Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.
[NKJV at Thomas Nelson] [Thomas Nelson, Inc.]

2 I will also gather all nations,
And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat;
And I will enter into judgment with them there
On account of My people, My heritage Israel,
Whom they have scattered among the nations;
They have also divided up My land.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by Graystar]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
what is this with Isael? Why the "boner" when it comes to israel? For friggen sakes it is time for america to move towards domestic issues instead of focusing on foreign ones. This "israel first" BS stems from the neo-religious nutters who have decided to mixed church with state and this is partly why this nation is in such a state.

If israel or any other democratic nation is attacked or unfairly treated, america will stand up and speak out, but honestly, cut the "israel is first" garbage out. It is time for us to kick these neo-zionist religious policies out of the core issues for the nation and focus on more important things at home.

And in addition I see absolutly NOTHING wrong with a peaceful agreement between the muslim world and Israel, I see EVERYTHING wrong to those who make excuses against it.

Deny ignorance.. please.. we're just coming out of 8years if this neo-conservative religious garbage turn propaganda... wake up.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graystar

JERUSALEM – President-elect Barack Obama today phoned Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and pledged to work to establish a Palestinian state as soon as possible, a senior PA negotiator told WND.

end game

Joel 3:2 (New King James Version)

2 I will also gather all nations,
And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat;
And I will enter into judgment with them there
On account of My people, My heritage Israel,
Whom they have scattered among the nations;
They have also divided up My land.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by Graystar]

YAY!!! Let's quote a story book.

Here is mine...

HARD BY a great forest dwelt a poor wood-cutter with his wife and his two children. The boy was called Hansel and the girl Gretel. He had little to bite and to break, and once when great dearth fell on the land, he could no longer procure even daily bread. Now when he thought over this by night in his bed, and tossed about in his anxiety, he groaned and said to his wife: "What is to become of us? How are we to feed our poor children, when we no longer have anything even for ourselves?" "I'11 tell you what, husband," answered the woman, "early to-morrow morning we will take the children out into the forest to where it is the thickest; there we will light a fire for them, and give each of them one more piece of bread, and then we will go to our work and leave them alone. They will not find the way home again, and we shall be rid of them." "No, wife," said the man, "I will not do that; how can I bear to leave my children alone in the forest--the wild animals would soon come and tear them to pieces." "0, you fool!" said she, "then we must all four die of hunger, you may as well plane the planks for our coffins," and she left him no peace until he consented. "But I feel very sorry for the poor children, all the same," said the man.

Hansel and Gretel

It doesn't matter what your little book says. It has no place in politics, and even less place in issues of peace between warring nations.

I would like you to explain your thread topic. How is this an oxymoron? Show us what has led you to your conclusion. If it at all deals with "the good book", then I can understand partially why you would say that, and it just makes you look brainwashed and silly.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

I couldn't agree more.

Honestly, I think America should sit back and watch the Middle East burn. There is nothing that we can do to change a mindset that has been ingrained for the last 4000 years.

The Jews and Arabs have never, at least not in the last 4000 years, lived in peace. There is continuous conflict. For America to honestly think that she is going to step in and change that is rather naive. I say that if all of them, in that region of the world, want to blow eachh other to hell, let them. I don't mean to sound hateful, but that is how I feel about the whole issue.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by djpaec

I agree. Without a negative flag system, people can post whatever they want and it melds together with other posts. Anyone who is perusing through cannot distinguish false posts from real posts without analyzing in detail.

I can't even say how many times I saw someone say, "Well, I am changing my vote now that I know that!", and the statement they were referring to was completely false.

ATS harbors that for some reason. It's not their fault that people post that stuff, but it is their fault that they don't do more to admonish mudslinging. There is a large difference between good ole' fashion conspiracy (aliens, JFK, moon landing) and smearing people's names because of a blog.

There are probably at least 20 active threads on ATS right now that are based off of smears so bad, the writer could probably get sued for slander.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
You cannot be racist and deny ignorance at the same time.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

maybe ATS couldn't afford$ to run such a great website I they tried to censor opinions that offended you?

[edit on 20-11-2008 by hannamtong]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by hannamtong

maybe ATS couldn't afford$ to run such a great website I they tried to censor opinions that offended you?

ATS has a set of policies against certain kinds of posts and it collectively falls under something they call the T & C.

Blatant racist statements such as

"Sorry, but Arabs and peace don't make a bit of sense to me!"

should be included in this. But I think it is just ambiguous enough to slip through.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hannamtong

I'm not talking about opinions, unless those opinions are based off of the lies I am talking about. I am talking about spreading of rumors, like high school, except in politics. I am talking about smearing someone's name so bad, that a lawsuit against some of these blogs wouldn't be surprising.

This forum claims "deny ignorance", yet how many here post up blogs as their only source of information? It's almost acceptable to post a blog as a back-up source or as icing on the cake, but as an only source?

So, it's not anything that is against my opinion. In fact, you can post up a opinion piece that goes right along with me, but if your only source is a blog, you shouldn't get credit for anything.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
President Bush Snr. infamously put a halt to aid to Israel (for a period of time) when the expansion of settlement programs occurred in the early 1990s. In fact, the Israeli - Palestinian conflict would have been resolved in the 1970s if it was not for the rise of the Christian Right in America (who fund the settlement program.)

70% of Israeli's want a Palestinian homeland and peace, why cannot American Christians understand that?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Graystar

I never knew Rahm Emmanuel's father was an ATS member...

Peace can only be achieved with bipartisan support. It can happen if enough negotation takes place. I support a two state solution with an undivided Jerusalem on the Israeli side; but even I can see that peace is possible. Considering the ever increasing might and ferocity of the IDF, I would go so far as to say that peace is inevitable... how long can the palestinians keep throwing stones at tanks?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Ready for the mark?

Obama's Health Care Proposal to Force Americans to Buy Bloated Health Insurance (Even if They Don't Need It!)

Revelation 13:16 (New King James Version)

16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or[f] the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Half the members think you are being racist, no defense from you? You are not obligated of course, just find it odd you mention nothing.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
reply to post by Graystar

I never knew Rahm Emmanuel's father was an ATS member...

Peace can only be achieved with bipartisan support. It can happen if enough negotation takes place. I support a two state solution with an undivided Jerusalem on the Israeli side; but even I can see that peace is possible. Considering the ever increasing might and ferocity of the IDF, I would go so far as to say that peace is inevitable... how long can the palestinians keep throwing stones at tanks?

have you never read the book of Daniel? Peace will happen the Bible says it will. there will be a seven year deal drawn up. But in the middle of it the man who created it will break it and thus begins hell on earth. get ready it's coming. Here is a taste of what I was talking about:

Daniel 9:27 (New King James Version)

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”

And

Revelation 13 (New King James Version)

Revelation 13
The Beast from the Sea
2 Now the beast which I saw was like a leopard, his feet were like the feet of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. The dragon gave him his power, his throne, and great authority. 3 And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast. 4 So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”
5 And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue[c] for forty-two months.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graystar
Sorry, but Arabs and peace don't make a bit of sense to me!

Ive been at ATS a long time and I have seen my share of ignorance, bigotry, and hatred, but I have never seen then summed up in one single post.

This is exactly why peace has been so hard over there. Both sides have people who really believe these type of statements.

Extremism no matter what side you are on is BAD, Muslim, Jewish, Christian etc. its all bad.

"The middle of the road is all of the usable surface. The extremes, right and left, are in the gutters."
Dwight D. Eisenhower

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Please Review the ATS Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you signed up here

Especially these parts:

1g.) Political Baiting: You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric, politically-inspired name-calling, and related right-versus-left political bickering while posting in any topical forum or discussion thread on AboveTopSecret.com.

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join