It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming - NASA Scientist Dr. Hansen caught again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I dont see any reason to waste my time reading anything written by Steve McIntyre. The fact that you choose to believe the rant of a person who has been in the oil industry for 30 years and is likely on a payroll from the industry over real scientific observations made by thousands of scientists is your problem.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
reply to post by ANNED

I dont see any reason to waste my time reading anything written by Steve McIntyre. The fact that you choose to believe the rant of a person who has been in the oil industry for 30 years and is likely on a payroll from the industry over real scientific observations made by thousands of scientists is your problem.

the world hasnt got any warmer since 1998...

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

When all else fails yell that they are being payed by the oil companies.

You might as well yell the sky is falling.

No one has ever showed proof that he is just the standard we heard it on the Internet.

If all the scientist the treehuggers claim are working for the oil companies were added up they would outnumber the oil field workers.

The statement that every scientist that disagrees with global warming works for the oil companies is old and worn out

I worked in the mining industry and only once worked for a oil company and they left me disabled from exposure to hazardous chemicals so i have no love for the oil industry.

the oil companies can go to h**l for all i care. i don't defend them and there ripping people off.

i just have never seen a bit of proof that any AGW scientist that the treehuggers claim works for the oil industry really does.

by the way Steve McIntyre worked in the mining industry not the oil industry.

George Marshall Institute Expert
According to the GMI website "Stephen McIntyre has worked in mineral exploration for 30 years, much of that time as an officer or director of several public mineral exploration companies. He has also been a policy analyst at both the governments of Ontario and of Canada."

Then i know that a treehugger would not know the differences.
I fact some treehuggers don't know what mining is.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 17-11-2008 by ANNED]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Originally posted by ANNED

When all else fails yell that they are being payed by the oil companies.

You mean, you actually think that GW has nothing else.
The only person who has failed is you. This is what happens when you quote mine for sources to support your arguements.

by the way Steve McIntyre worked in the mining industry not the oil industry.

George Marshall Institute Expert
According to the GMI website "Stephen McIntyre has worked in mineral exploration
for 30 years, much of that time as an officer or director of several public mineral exploration companies. He has also been a policy analyst at both the governments of Ontario and of Canada."

LOL, this is what happens when you go searching for Quotes that support your beliefs. Here, all you see is a favourable comment, but lets have a Look at the George C. Marshall Institute(wow look it has the word Institute, amazing).

So now you think that just because the Geoge C. Marshall Institute thinks Steve Mcintyre only worked for mineral exploration, then every thing is cool. Do you know what the George C. Marshall Institute is, who pays for it and what its agenda is.

According to the Center for Science in the Public Interest: "The Marshall Institute investigates facts concerning global climate change. The Institute also studies the implications of the Kyoto Protocol upon national security. The Institute is partially supported by Exxon

Here is how much EXXon gave the George C. Marshall Institute. And what for.

$50,000 from ExxonMobil Foundation in 1999 for "support for science and public policy education programs;
$50,000 from ExxonMobil Foundation in 2000 for general support;
$60,000 from ExxonMobil Foundation in 2001 for "climate change work";
$80,000 from ExxonMobil Foundation in 2001 for "'global climate change program" in 2002; plus a further $10,000 for the Awards Dinner;
$95,000 from ExxonMobil Foundation in 2003 for Global Climate Change Program
$145,000 ExxonMobil Foundation in 2004 for "climate change" and a further $25,000 from Exxon Corporation for "Awards Dinner -- Climate Change Activities";
$90,000 from ExxonMobil Foundation for, according to the Institute's IRS return, "climate change" and a further $25,000 from ExxonMobil Corporate Giving for "Awards Dinner and General Operating Support"; and

$85,000 from ExxonMobil Corporate Giving for "General support and annual dinner" in 2006.
Source
Now, do you really think this Institute and the People associated with it, are really going to support GW change, a reduction in the use of Fossil fuels, a push toward fuel efficiency, alternative energy etc. And Exxon will foot the bill.
No, they are not , and this is how think tanks work. Corporations eager to ensure that Public policy remains in their favour support Foundations and Institutes like these to attack the Science of Global Warming. This is to inspires doubt, confusion and apathy so it remains in the publics collective mind in relation to these matters, and so Politicians do little if anything, we have seen this with GW in the US and my country of Australia. It is only the last 2 or three years that the MSM has reported fairly in relation to Science and those that Doubt GW. Previously pieces attacking GW where reported or presented in the MSM on par with Science, even though the Scientific community was, proportionally, the most prolific in publishing work, research and information.
It is institutes like this(and there are hundred in the US) supported by Big Business, and poster who Quote Mine for arguements against GW(umm....i wonder who that might be) that fuel ignorance and denial.
You may freely throw terms like tree hugger around, i love trees. I would rather hug trees that kiss big oil a$$, and quote mine their payed for opinion think tankers. Do you really expect people to buy the BS. Please.

Edit to add source.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by atlasastro]

[edit on 18-11-2008 by atlasastro]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join