It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Homosexual Terrorism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well, if you are going to call them terrorist then maybe we should all come up with our own church terrorist fantasies to help them out. I'll start with mine.

I would like to see Tim Curry's Lord of Darkness character from Legend (1985) come up through the floor of Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church with lots of pyrotechnics, the smell of burning sulfur wafting in the air and calling out various peoples names that their time has come to go with him. I sure the holloywood chapter could do the makeup, staging and special effects.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
All jokes aside, I just don't think they are going to excel at terrorism so I wouldn't worry about it very much. Also, I'm a Christian myself and there are a lot of Christians that could wise up a little concerning a lot of things. Everybody has their share of faults, that's covered in the good book quite well as others have pointed out.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

I am not defending them whatsoever but I am curious if you are saying that this action is on par with what happend on 9/11 or Oklahoma City. Just curious if this is all even to you.

It is difficult to take you seriously. This question is insultingly inane. The post you replied to contained the words "sure there are different degrees of terrorism". Do you actually think anyone would equate the twin towers complete devastation and the massive causalities incurred with invasion, lewd behavior, and threats of arson? No I don;t think anyone would equate the two, and i think you know that, your "question" is just a lamely veiled insult or you are dim witted. I take it as an insult.

Good night.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo
Then why are you not curious. We have churches that have been burned and pastors mudered and it turns out that they molested kids. Sometimes they molested kids, covered it up, helped it happen again, and so on. We have Westboro that tramples soldiers graves even if they are straight. Sorry but I do not just assume that any "church" is automatically good in nature. Statistically speaking, the Catholic church is the largest, longest running, and most successful pedophile ring in history. You will have to excuse me if I might just think that both sides of this argument are wrong and that it is at least worth looking into.

But do not let my interest in the facts get in the way of your blind anger and bigotry. Please go on reading one side of the story and feeling empowered enough to espouse your well formed opinions about it. I am almost envious that you do not need all the facts to be so arrogantly opinionated.

Blind anger and bigotry? Are you serious? Seriously??????

Lets get something straight. You DO NOT know me at all!!!! You therefore have NO right to make such accusations toward me!!!!! Ya got that,buddy???? Good!!!!! Moving right along.

What other "facts" are there? I see none. Do you have some kind of evidence that the church in question has done anything other than hold the traditional view that most Christian churches hold in regards to homosexuality? If so then spit it out. If not, then stop trying to make accusations that you have ZERO evidence for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I just wanted to add one last comment to this thread. For everyone having a hard time looking at this with an unbiased opinion due to possibly having unfavorable opinions of Christianity, try to think of this: What if this story had been reversed and what was done to this church had been done by Christians to a group of homosexuals at their gathering place. You'd probably be pretty outraged. Instead of trying to find justification for whatever side you happen to be on, imagine if it was reversed and the group you disagree with was the perpetrator. Imagine what you would be thinking right now or what you typically think when you read articles where the victims are your group.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Agreed.

If they had acted exactly like Bash Back, except with reversed ideologies, I wouldn't call it terrorism there either.

That's w hat I'm objecting to here.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I am an unabashed Catholic and have been utterly appalled at what I've seen here lately. The hate coming from the so called Christians on this board is absurd.

I find it very hard to come to terms with this as my parish just finished a remembrance ceremony for two elderly gentleman who were brutally murdered in their own home.

I've spoken to friends of the victims who have painted a pretty despicable picture, with threats, cut phone lines and hate speech posted on the couple's home. It seems as though this was completely ignored by the local police who shrugged off the couple's complaints. Link

So pardon me if I have little outrage to spare for some mild rudeness hurled at this Pentecostal church.

The op's ranting and hatchet waving have completely frustrated me yet again. God help us all, we need to take some long hard looks at ourselves before readying our stones for throwing.

Love and hope to all.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

OMG!!!!

I can't believe the people at this church survived. (Sarcasm really thick on this one)

Calling this an "attack" is a joke, and not the kind that you laugh at.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by round_eyed_dog
I am an unabashed Catholic and have been utterly appalled at what I've seen here lately. The hate coming from the so called Christians on this board is absurd.

I find it very hard to come to terms with this as my parish just finished a remembrance ceremony for two elderly gentleman who were brutally murdered in their own home.

I've spoken to friends of the victims who have painted a pretty despicable picture, with threats, cut phone lines and hate speech posted on the couple's home. It seems as though this was completely ignored by the local police who shrugged off the couple's complaints. Link

So pardon me if I have little outrage to spare for some mild rudeness hurled at this Pentecostal church.

The op's ranting and hatchet waving have completely frustrated me yet again. God help us all, we need to take some long hard looks at ourselves before readying our stones for throwing.

Love and hope to all.

Then why have you come to this thread to throw stones at the OP? I'm sorry to hear about what happened in your hometown but I don't see what it has to do with the topic of this thread.

And please...spare me the BS about "hate coming from Christians". Disapproval of homosexuality due to religious reasons does NOT equate to hatred of individuals who are gay. I'm not sure why this concept is so hard for people to understand.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

No, my point was that there is quite a leap between differing degrees of something and and complete and utter fantasy comparison. What degree below 9/11 does this fall on exactly? Is this the same kind of terrorism and toilet papering houses or egging windows? How about throwing snowballs at cars? Is this all now just "degrees of terrorism?"

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lightmare

What other "facts" are there? I see none. Do you have some kind of evidence that the church in question has done anything other than hold the traditional view that most Christian churches hold in regards to homosexuality? If so then spit it out. If not, then stop trying to make accusations that you have ZERO evidence for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I do not. THAT IS WHY I AM ASKING. The difference is that you have already decided that since you have not seen any evidence of wrongdoing, they have done no wrong. You already decided the church was innocent based on NOTHING. I am still trying to find out why this church was targeted. I already laid blame at the protesters. They were wrong, what else is there to say?
Now why is it so unfair of me to set my anger at them aside and then be curious as to why it was THIS church and not any other church?

Is it really so insane that here on ATS, I would question whether or not there is a reason this specific church was the target?

Given the fact that we know entire churches can be guilty of some rather heinous sins, it is not so far fetched for me to reserve jumping on the cross for them until I know a little more about the church.

Like I said, I am glad that you are satisfied jumping to conclusions and feelig justified.

Let me tell you a lil story. I used to work with a sweet lil ol lady. Her husband was a retired minister. They were the cutest sweetes couple and everyone in that town loved them. He was well known from working at the church. One day he was found beaten to death in his home. It did not take long before they had the guy. Everyone went nuts. This is NY, use the death penalty finally. It was a big deal in that town that this punk pulled this crap on this wonderful man. People were furious and wanted nothing less than the most vile of justices for this kid. It spread quickly to people that had no idea who either man was but heard about the kind minister getting killed. Weeks went by with editorials and slanted articles and letters to the editor spewing the kind of hate usually edited out. This man was scum and this minister was holier than Jesus for a short time here.

The problem came when the court proceedings revealed that the minister had been repeatedly raping this man from the age of 7 to 17. Of course that revelation lead to the list of other boys. Many that the church knew about but helped "hush up."

I am not justifying his getting beaten to death by any means. All I am saying is the before you jump on either side, perhaps you should stand across the street for a little while and look at the entire situation. You just may find that both deserve scorn and neither is worthy of any defense.

Again, since you seem to miss it...I am not justifying or sticking up for this pink mafia or whatever. I am simply asking to know more about this church since all churchs are different, there are plenty to choose from, there are no security guards here, and they did not do it to my church. So why did they pick this church?

Is that not a fair question?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

AOL, did you even read the article? This is the reason given by a Bash Back member mentioned in the article:

"TheMount Hope Church is a deplorable, anti-queer mega-church in Lansing, Michigan. The church works to institutionalize transphobia and homophobia through several repulsive projects including organized “ex-gay” conferences and so-called “hell houses”, which depict queers, trannies and womyn [sic] who seek abortions as the horrors. Mt. Hope is complicit in the repression of queers in Michigan and beyond."

To which a church representative responded:

"The leadership of Mount Hope Church does not attempt to identify the church as antihomosexual, anti-choice, or right wing. The church does take the Bible at face value and believes what the Bible says to be the truth. According to the Bible, Mount Hope Church believes homosexuality to be a sin, just as fornication, stealing, drunkenness, and lying are sins. No sin greater than the next. Mount Hope Church strives to follow Jesus’ example of loving the sinner but not the sin while helping people change their lives for God’s glory and their improved quality of life. Mount Hope Church also recognizes that to each person God grants freewill."

The link looks like it will mess up my post so look at the link in the OP.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Then feel free to conduct your own in depth investigation if you are so damn sure that this church has something to hide. Go and find some hard evidence that this particular church has done something to provoke the wrath of this "Bash Back" group. By all means, come back here and let us all know if you find that incriminating evidence that you are looking for.

Until then, I would have to say that this church is innocent until proven guilty of whatever it is that you seem to want it to be guilty of.

[edit on 11/17/2008 by Lightmare]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightmare

Wow dude. Less coffee that is all I can say. I did NOT say they had something to hide. I did NOT say

that they deserved it.

that it was justified.

that it could be justified.

that this church was evil.

All I said was that I was not going to jump on your bandwagon ok.

I do not know why that bothers you so much that someone on a conspiracy site would reserve judgement for further info but hey, that is your problem, not mine.

I simply said I was not going to jump behind the church until I knew more about it. I then asked about it.

I thought that was ok to do here. Sorry that it offends you so much.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thank you. No, I did not read that. Seems to me that they have a good reason to hate this church but unless the church is breaking into their homes and putting on these "anti-gay shows" then this group has no leg to stand on whatsoever.

As I said, several times before...it was terrible what they did and deserves no justification. I do not think it qualifies as terrorism. Now that I know why they picked this church, I am more inclined to side with the church. See, I waited until I knew more before I came to the same conclusion. I hope that relaxes some folks. I guess it will still make me wrong but I am not here to win, just to learn.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I am absolutely not condoning or encouraging or supporting or agreeing or being an apologist to these actions; but the Churches have it coming.

It's that simple.

It's historically sound; the oppressed eventually 'fight back' against their oppressors. I prefer the peaceful approach from both sides!

BigWhammy, over dramatizing is definitely something I am used to from you
So I won't dwell on this whole "terrorist" thing

Then pulling the fire alarm to induce panic and fear - thus endangering lives.

Case in point.

Let's try not to generalize (like you already did) the actions of a group to the whole entire body of homosexuals.

There is no Radical Homosexual Agenda shared amongst the whole of the gay community. Just remember we are all human, and both "sides" have radicals and extremists here and there.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This thread is disgusting. If it happens to Christians / Churches its OK - that is the vibe I get from most of the posters here. Those *Snip* are so quick to cry foul but when hate crimes are enacted upon Christians or people who don't agree with them it is OK and "acceptable payback".

how ignorant.

But I will say the pic of them in PINK scarves A-La-hamas-wannabees is slightly amusing

Mod Note: Please Review The Following.

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.Terms And Conditions

[edit on 17-11-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ACEMANN

Can you please refrain from using terms like "homo", as it is pejorative, and ATS has strict rules governing such language.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ACEMANN

It didn't take very long for someone to come and prove my point. This just gets more and more embarrassing.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Has anyone even read the blog?

More of the same

Bash Back! Olympia Trashes Mormon Church
November 17, 2008, 3:14 am
Filed under: Uncategorized

This Comminque is reposted from Seattle Indymedia:

Bash Back! Olympia Trashes Mormon Church

Last night, under the veil of fog, we visited the Church of Latter Day Saints. We left their locks glued with anarchist messages scrawled in spray paint over their boring veneer.

And I'm suprised no one has noted this quote from them :

We as anarchists are opposed to marriage but we see that this blatantly anti-gay act as a threat to all us gay, lesbian, transgendered and queer folk. The Proposition 8 campaign was used as a medium to instill homophobic fear into the population of California so as to squash queer culture, it is dangerous to let these actions go unchecked and not confronted.

So anyone claiming that this 'attack' was somehow to garner support for equality for gay people who wish to marry, need to rethink this particular situation.

These clowns are not something to support, they are nothing more than a dismally weak hybrid attempt at being a gay 'anonymous'.

My mother used to go to church every sunday. If retarded cretins like this had appeared and pulled a stunt such as the one in the OP at a church my old mother was at, I'd have gone and made sure something not funny was done about it. Not every damn christian is a bigot fool.

But hey those xtians deserve it, had it coming a long time now, git 'em rex.. sick 'em boy. chew 'em up good boy, good dog.

pfft.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join