It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Homosexual Terrorism

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Thanks much for that informative post Annee

This Church took an active anti-gay role in community affairs (I kinda figured). Like I had said earlier in the thread; for better or worse Churches like this have it coming. It's the nature of oppression.

reply to post by The Vagabond

but let's just say that if California starts oppressing drunken straight white union men, you should buy stock in the company that makes police tape IMMEDIATELY

Rock on

And thank you so much for being a realist. And stepping in the other persons shoes

[edit on 20-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
We all know that two wrongs will not make a right ..
There needs to be changes on both sides of this issue ...
Everyone needs to act more mature ...and for sure keep tempers in check .
Otherwise you become a part of the problem and nothing gets settled then .

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo
reply to post by Annee

Bam, there ya go. "Pure Life Ministries." I have seen enough.

I will not condone what anyone did here but I sure as hell will not stick up for either side either. The church is no more innocent than anyone else that day.

Yes - organized religion of this type reminds me of when organized crime realized they had more power going legit.

Its hard for me to blame the "little guy".

But with the major LGBA groups - working hard to remain peaceful and go through legal means - - its probably not good for these fringe groups to act out at this time.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Lucid ...so yall just need more money ....we all also know that those with the money have the power ......I know alot of you have lots of money ...when I lived in Key West Florida for awhile they were some of the richest people I have ever known ...
So fight money with money ..if you have a problem with these Churchs that came up with money to get something done then try their approach .......

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Lucid ...so yall just need more money ....we all also know that those with the money have the power ......I know alot of you have lots of money ...when I lived in Key West Florida for awhile they were some of the richest people I have ever known ...
So fight money with money ..if you have a problem with these Churchs that came up with money to get something done then try their approach .......

Again Simplynoone, like in your other post to me, you are making assumptions about what I do (or don't do) in my life outside of ATS. Don't assume, ask

That said, I agree with you. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. In this case that fire could be money. Hopefully not though...my God would that be a lot of money

[edit on 20-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

I will not condone what anyone did here but I sure as hell will not stick up for either side either. The church is no more innocent than anyone else that day.

Yes - organized religion of this type reminds me of when organized crime realized they had more power going legit.

Its hard for me to blame the "little guy".

But with the major LGBA groups - working hard to remain peaceful and go through legal means - - its probably not good for these fringe groups to act out at this time.

Absoloutely. I think the worst part is that this will just help to reinforce bad sterotypes and fears and can only set the movement back. But I am a straight guy, what do I know.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
The fact they are praying quietly - is irrelevant.

You want to control what people think?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Thugs?
Gang bangers?
Criminals?

A stereotypical depiction of a middle eastern 'terrorist', not a terrorist make.

Neither does (
) declaring one is a "terrorist".

We have been discussing this throughout the thread. Most feel, including myself, it is a sensationalist gross exaggeration to say what they did was "terrorism". I also do not feel what they did was something they should have done. I am not condoning.

But if this is considered terrorism, then pretty much anything would be.

If you'd prefer to call them Thugs, I think that's fine. I do believe we're way to quick as a country to point and shout "terrorist!". At the root word though, terror is one who threatens and strikes fear. I suppose that would include the mafia, Al Capone, and so forth, again, semantics as you say. For me they're the same word. The question becomes, did someone feel their life would be continually threatened at the incident? If so, I think it would be just as an appropriate word as thug. Both thug and terriorist can pull the trigger of a gun on another person. Semantics makes no difference when you're dead.

You scare me sometimes Saint... you are a terrorist?..

Not that I'm aware of. Has anyone felt I'm a continual threat to their life? If so, I am sorry and in no way had such intention.

Apparently I scared you earlier...guess I am?..

Hehe, no, you did not scare me. Many days I wonder that even if a gun were held to me if I would be scared. The things I've seen are 'out of this world' so to speak. But, I understand how someone sitting in the church may be afraid by a hostile group busting in during a service. Overseas there are many reports of people with guns shooting people in the congregation because of their beliefs. I can post links if you like.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Now this is interesting:

The church is no more innocent than anyone else that day.

I think the worst part is that this will just help to reinforce bad sterotypes and fears and can only set the movement back.

So...no stereotypes about "Pure Life Ministries" either then? What is this church guilty of?

[edit on 21-11-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The anger is understandable but, this is the wrong way to go about doing things. That being said it wasn't terrorism more so hooligan behavior. Distracting guards, unfurling a flag and throwing leaflets speaks of childish behavior not to mention trespassing.

Maybe one day all people will find peace and balance.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by toochaos4u
The anger is understandable but, this is the wrong way to go about doing things. That being said it wasn't terrorism more so hooligan behavior. Distracting guards, unfurling a flag and throwing leaflets speaks of childish behavior not to mention trespassing.

When dressing like terrorists and holding weapons for a group photo, it's easy to be mistaken as terrorists, no? Are you saying they were NOT trying to look like terrorists?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by Catfish
Yeah those Rainbow flags... Spreading terror and discord wherever they are flown. Heralds of woe, of evil, of destruction! With such radical, militant tactics can Nuclear terrorism be far behind?

What a joke, this is hardly "Terrorism".

I think you forgot to look at the picture in the initial post. The group of people assembled are in masks and carrying weapons, are they not?

[edit on 20-11-2008 by saint4God]

Rainbow flags, crazy wicked weapons. Can level entire cities with that I think!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
That's all it takes to begin a war. Weapons and a flag.

In fact, death threats and an attack were involved here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

That's funny. I clicked your link to goto that thread, only to click your link on that thread which redirected me back here

[edit on 21-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Ya, I did refer one to the other since I figured if you were interested in one topic the other would apply as well.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

You are being way too nonchalant about the use of "terrorism". Terrorism takes on a whole new level of meaning in our culture. These actions do not fit that. You're telling me that I am getting caught up in 'semantics', but I think you are just being stubborn

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Now this is interesting:

The church is no more innocent than anyone else that day.

I think the worst part is that this will just help to reinforce bad sterotypes and fears and can only set the movement back.

So...no stereotypes about "Pure Life Ministries" either then? What is this church guilty of?

My second statement applies as well to the that group. I am afraid the actions of pure life ministries is just as damaging to christians for reinforcing equally bad stereotypes.

Happy?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by toochaos4u

When dressing like terrorists and holding weapons for a group photo, it's easy to be mistaken as terrorists, no? Are you saying they were NOT trying to look like terrorists?

You do not see the difference between trying to look like something and being something? A friend was Two face at work for halloween. Guess what, his gun could not really fire, oh and he did not really have two faces nor was he a fictional supervillain.

Just looked like one.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The Shocking Pink scarves do kind of negate dangerous terrorist.

I'm guessing this group is youth based-motivated.

Kind of reminds me why the military always try to recruit the young - - because they are idealistic - impatient - and full of pent up adrenaline.

Maybe not the best idea for the cause at this time - - - but I find it very creative and innocently innovative.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join