page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Bash Back Terrorists

Homosexuals Attack Pentecostal Church

Thirty members of a militant homosexual group disrupted a service at the Mount Hope Church in Lansing, Michigan last Sunday. After distracting the church's security guards, several of the demonstrators stood and shouted, "It's okay to be gay" and "Jesus was a homo."

The protesters from the group, Bash Back!, were dressed in pink and black material. Their antics included unfurling a rainbow flag from the balcony, setting off a fire alarm, and throwing fliers at the congregation. While this happened within the building, another group of protesters demonstrated on the outside.
Houston Chronoicle

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

A new kind of domestic terrorism that entails performing lewd acts while vandalizing a church , chanting "Jesus was a homo" , and hurling condoms at children and their parents who were innocently attending a Christian worship service. Then pulling the fire alarm to induce panic and fear - thus endangering lives.

Nothing garners public acceptance and tolerance like terrorizing churches on Sunday morning. :shk:

Also see: www.edgeboston.com...

[edit on 11/16/2008 by Bigwhammy]

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Nothing garners public acceptance and tolerance like terrorizing churches on Sunday morning.

Uh huh, unlike some radical Christians that protest at a gay persons FUNERAL???

Take the name at face value.... Bash BACK. It's a reaction to Christianity's un-Christian stance to gay people.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Jesus said..."He who hath not sinned cast the first stone".

Now..who isnt guilty.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Congratulations... they've become like the people they claim to abhor. Well done

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

I agree!

Gotta love hypocrites!

[edit on 16-11-2008 by xDove007]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Maybe I am overly ignorant about this church but what kind of church is it that they have security guards to begin with?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

If this is how we are going to define "Radical Terrorism", I'll take it. I mean, as opposed to 9/11...

I'm not sure what I was expecting when I clicked on this thread, but this wasn't it.

[edit on 16/11/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
So they rudly disrupted a service and polluted a bit.

That is a far cry from terrorism.

As far as I can tell from reading your own article, they didn't threaten anyone.

Disorderly conduct, maybe, but definitely not terrorism.

This is terrorism:

This is not:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The word terrorist gets thrown around way too much these days. It pretty much lost most if not all it's meaning.

Their antics included unfurling a rainbow flag from the balcony, setting off a fire alarm, and throwing fliers at the congregation. While this happened within the building, another group of protesters demonstrated oun the outside.

Yeah, pulling a fire alarm, not the smartest way to get a point across. in fact, pretty stupid, and people could've been hurt. But other than that, does what the members of Bash Back did really qualify, or even fit into the same category as terrorism?

Members of Bash Back! agree to four "points of unity":
1. Fight for liberation.
2. Reject capitalism.
3. Actively oppose oppression.
4. Respect a diversity of tactics - even if illegal.

Doesn't really seem like a terrorist manifesto to me. Seems like common sense. Don't know how capitalism fits, though.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

A lot of churches have to have security guards now due to whackos coming in and shooting up congregations as they worship.

Onto the topic. This is a very sad occurrence. The Fred Phelps ilk disgusts me just as much as the perpatrators mentioned in the OP. However, I can say NEITHER group is indicative of all Christianity or all homosexuals. I don't care who started it or if it is retaliation-based. The fact of the matter is there are peaceful ways for everyone to get their point across. Neither extremists groups should garner anyone's sympathies nor should either side have their actions justified.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Did this church do something in the first place to become such a target? I am not trying to defend 'two wrongs' but we do have the Westboro Baptist church that protest STRAIGHT Iraq vet funerals because they said those men died because God is mad that the U.S. allows gay people or some other crap. Anyway, the good men and women that serve this country and died for it have their loved ones subjected to "GOD HATES FAGS!" chants because that is how that church rolls. I am just wondering if this church has done something to bring this kind of animosity toward it in particular.

Anyone have any insight on that?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

A lot of churches have to have security guards now due to whackos coming in and shooting up congregations as they worship.

That is just simply not true. You just said it because it sounds good but the reality is that is such a rare occurance that it has had no regular effect on churches as a whole. Not one church in my city has security guards. Do you think they just have not heard the news you have?

Even if what you say is the reason, then why is this church more worried about being shot up than my church is?

P.S. Before you get too defensive, I agree completely with the rest of your post.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by angel of lightangelo]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I am sorry but that in no means constitutes terrorism. A group of people who are non-violently demonstrating, perhaps in a disruptive fashion, but I re-iterate non violently, is not a terrorist organization.

These laws that have been imposed on HUMAN BEINGS are complete bigotry. These laws are basically saying that human rights only apply to heterosexual individuals.

Let me ask the world the following question.

1. How does it hurt anyone if a homosexual couple decides to get married?

Next, is this the new view on terrorism, or does this only apply because it is a religious institution. It was a non-violent demonstration. Yes it was wrong to demonstrate in that fashion but it by no way constitutes terrorism. If this becomes the new view, we all need to be scared.

Why is it that people try to remove someones freedoms yet get angry when that group lashes out? This is supposed to be The United States of America, The land of the Free. This is not the land of freedom unless it is found unacceptable by some.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I know a lot of mega churches have them.

I suppose having thousands of people in one room always carries the potential for trouble, regardless of whether it would be an attack or not. Somebody's more likely to have a heart attack, choke on a pretzel, get hit by lighteneing, whatever.

It would be wierd for a small church to have one though.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
The fact of the matter is there are peaceful ways for everyone to get their point across. Neither extremists groups should garner anyone's sympathies nor should either side have their actions justified.

A question Ashley. Christianity has been around for a couple of thousands of years. Gay rights groups? A couple of decades? This attitude towards gays are entrenched. In society, in religion and in government. It seems to me like they are just starting to use the same tactics that have been used against them for, like forever. Right? That's a LONG line of being slapped down. Similar to sufferage? Bra burnings in the 60's? Black rights? MLK wasn't the only voice for black rights, some were more radical than others. The goal was honorable in both cases. Why is this different?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Face it people...religion is the very cause of violence in this world above any other reason.

"My God is bigger than your God" BS.

So...with that being the forefront of religion, it is enforced with guns and violence.

A historical fact.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Terrorism is inducing fear for an agenda. This certainly qualifies, their purpose is obviously to induce fear. They did vandalize he church and it could have been much worse if someone had gotten injured in the false flag fire alarm stunt.

Legal definition of Terrorism

Terrorism means activities against persons, organizations or property of any nature committed by an individual or individuals acting on behalf of any foreign person or foreign interest:

1. that involve the following or preparation for the following:
a. use or threat of force or violence; or
b. commission or threat of a dangerous act; or
c. commission or threat of an act that interferes with or disrupts an
electronic communication, information, or mechanical system; and

2. when at least one of the following applies:
a. the effect is to intimidate or coerce a government or the civilian
population or any segment thereof, or to disrupt any segment of the
economy; or
b. it appears that the intent is to intimidate or coerce a government,
or further political, ideological, religious, social or economic
objectives or to express (or express opposition to) a philosophy
or ideology.

www.nhlgc.com...

They definitely meet those terms. Not to mention posing with weapons and masks on their website.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Oh no not this mess again. We don't have security guards at the churches in my small town either. But did I say all churches? No. However, there were a couple of high profile incidents where churches were shot up while holding their services. Due to that, a lot (notice again I did not say all churches everywhere) now employ security guards. Is this the ONLY reason? No. Is this ALL churches? No.

As to your question as to why 'this church' has a security guard and your does not. Am I supposed to know? Am I supposed to care? Is it any of my business? No.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I have serious doubts about this story. Come on, gay people throwing condoms and shouting at children? Is this a B movie?

"Gay terrorists" or Christians attempting to vilify gays by posing as such?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Read your own definition Bigwhammy, the definition of terrorism inherantly includes violent threats or actions, which is not the case here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join