It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure happens.... then what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this a lot lately becasue to me it seems that we are in the midst of an orchestrated disclosure. There has been much attention paid to the UFO phenom and there has been shows whose only dedication is to the topic of 'ufology'. My question: What happens after disclosure?

Lets pretend for a moment that the leaders of western nations (including Russia) said tomorrow that we've been in contact with ET since the 40's and that it's been covered up by world governments since then. What would your responses be? Would you still trust your government (i don't trust em now)? Would it make any difference to any of you?

I know this is a topic that has been discussed before. It's been discussed through out time, surely. I'm asking now because times are changing quickly... Soon there may come a day when the things we knew as truths may not be truths any more. Soon there may be truths that many humans aren't ready to believe. I want to know my fellow man's( and obviously woman's) opinions as to what happens after ET becomes reality. What happens when the elite of the world tell us they're real? What happens when the information comes out that even debunkers won't be able to argue with?

If any of you have thought about this then please speak up. All opinions welcome, and no flaming please!!!!!!!!! Open mindedness and semi serious replies please.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Well after diclosure happens as Robert Dawny Jr. would say " LETS PARTY!!"

Thats all it will happen.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Life goes on. You still have to go to work, pay your bills, keep your woman happy, get your kids to soccer-practice, etc.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Disclosure happens, life continues, perhaps new industries begin, creating new jobs, new horizons, new hopes, and ends all this nonsense occuring now.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Anything that has to do with ET's will be booming. This place and others would see a massive influx of people. More questions will be asked. After the anxiety and other effects ware off because of time people will just go about their business as usual.

I would like to add something I just discovered by accident. When holding down the Ctrl key and rolling the middle mouse wheel the screen can be zoomed in and out. Just thought it was cool.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It isn't true unless there's evidence to back it up.

Heck, people come up with crazy claims related to the paranormal everyday. Look it up, astronauts have came clean about UFO's, and we're still here discussion this disclosure issue.

When disclosure finally comes, it will have to be an invasion type thing. Otherwise people just wont take it seriously.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by jaden_x]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

So if the President had a speach tomorrow telling the American people that there was an alien species living among us, you would not believe it?
You would need further proof?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
An invasion eh....nice. Like there is anything here that is worthy of invading by some outer world power that already has the entire universe at their disposal.

Doesnt make much sense at all.

Now if there was something we had that they so desperately needed, then perhaps an invasion is understandable.

It cant be DNA, they can take that, and apparently have been already for eons.

It cant be our technology when theirs is far, far superior.

So..what is it that would be cause for invasion?

Control?....They can do that without invading.

Colonization? Again, they can do that with or without our approval.

We are like tiny ants underneath a huge shoe that can be crushed at will.

Perhaps they have more of a concious than we can imagine...otherwise, we would have been crushed long, long ago.

Think about it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Where exactly will this "disclosure" come from? I think that makes a difference. If it's a government source, a big percentage of people aren't going to buy it.

And if it's from an ET source directly, a lot of people are going to assume it's still a government source just pulling some disinfo for their own purposes.

Here's one of the things I wonder and leads me to a position that no one knows what's going on with UFOs in general - the various governments of the world aren't in agreement on literally anything. Surely, if there was in fact hard evidence of an alien presence, some government somewhere would have disclosed it by now. If for no other reason than to stir up the pot.

I think there are unexplainable things out there that no one has any clue about. And I think governments in general, and the US government in particular, aren't going to openly admit they don't have a clue what it is that's violating airspace and doing the peculiar things that some UFOs do.

It's not like they'd call a press conference and shrug and say, "Hey, beats us. We have no idea." Even if it were true. As soon as the government tried to disclose something, we'd have 127 threads about Project Blue Beam, or Wernher von Braun's "alien card" comment.

But it's all speculation. I'm at least as clueless as anyone. And that's okay. I'm prepared to not have the answer anytime in my lifetime, because I believe that's exactly the way it will be.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
I've been thinking about this a lot lately becasue to me it seems that we are in the midst of an orchestrated disclosure. There has been much attention paid to the UFO phenom and there has been shows whose only dedication is to the topic of 'ufology'. My question: What happens after disclosure?

Lets pretend for a moment that the leaders of western nations (including Russia) said tomorrow that we've been in contact with ET since the 40's and that it's been covered up by world governments since then. What would your responses be? Would you still trust your government (i don't trust em now)? Would it make any difference to any of you?

I know this is a topic that has been discussed before. It's been discussed through out time, surely. I'm asking now because times are changing quickly... Soon there may come a day when the things we knew as truths may not be truths any more. Soon there may be truths that many humans aren't ready to believe. I want to know my fellow man's( and obviously woman's) opinions as to what happens after ET becomes reality. What happens when the elite of the world tell us they're real? What happens when the information comes out that even debunkers won't be able to argue with?

If any of you have thought about this then please speak up. All opinions welcome, and no flaming please!!!!!!!!! Open mindedness and semi serious replies please.

Where is this attention you speak of? here on ATS? In the media? there hasnt been a increae in media attention. The media has reported on UFO incidents every once in awhile but by no means is it consistent, only when news worthy events happen does get mentioned IE: the UK files, the Phoenix Lights incidents, etc

Hardly anyone at all in the academic circle takes the phenomenon serious. Society, for reasons I already outlined, doesnt take the UFO phenomenon serious, instead relegates it to societies "nutter" pile.

So again where is this disclosure?

Do you have any research or papers outlining a increase in attention to UFOs?

As long as I have followed this phenomenon (mid 90s) UFO disclosure has always just been right around the corner. But it doesnt come.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by NavalFC]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I would tend to believe when one of these outer world UFO's lands in my driveway and the same happens in many other driveway's, or out in the public venue like hover over an area of a major event like a super bowl game or huge NASCAR race or maybe even during the upcomming swearing in of Obamaramma, instead of seeing it, or hearing it from some government official.

Cheers!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Would we be surprised if we were informed an alien race was living among us? Is that the question?

Ever been to San Francisco?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
If there was, are, is or whatever, it wouldnt bother me one bit. Me casa su casa.

Cheers!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
Anything that has to do with ET's will be booming. This place and others would see a massive influx of people. More questions will be asked. After the anxiety and other effects ware off because of time people will just go about their business as usual.

I would like to add something I just discovered by accident. When holding down the Ctrl key and rolling the middle mouse wheel the screen can be zoomed in and out. Just thought it was cool.

anxiety wear off? are you guys JOKING? hypothetically lets assume this is all true, and the government basiclly announcees to the people in a nutshell:

"Yes, there are aliens, UFOs are real, and they do abduct people, but theres nothing we can do about it"

im sorry but there would be no "wearing off" of anxiety from something like that.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
Life goes on. You still have to go to work, pay your bills, keep your woman happy, get your kids to soccer-practice, etc.

unless a revolution were to manifest from the disclosure.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by la vie]

[edit on 17-11-2008 by la vie]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It's not going to happen the way we want; It'll be a staged invasion, or a 'saviour'. - They have to keep it secret because people will connect t he dots that the Government & Monarchy who have been interbreeding for thousands of years are not exzcly what we think, & most of all, they couldn't get you to have to pay all kinds of money for Gas & Electricity if the energy systems behind the ETVs is discovered by the 'thinking' public.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Well perhaps some kind of offical disclosure along with a direct disclosure could help prevent a problem. But I think that the offical way may have a problem because of all the coverup and rediculous explanations and secrecy. What should have happend is not coverup, secrecy and redicule, but EDUCATION! And honest education, since day one.

But unfortunately that did not happen, thus in effect, the officials will have a hard time convincing people they convinced before of aliens and UFO's being fantasy, as a reality...so the official method may not be helpful at all.

In effect, they cut their own throats the minute they began to hide and coverup stuff.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
So if the President had a speach tomorrow telling the American people that there was an alien species living among us, you would not believe it?
You would need further proof?

why would it have to come from the president to make any difference? I wasn't speaking for myself, im no skeptic in any way. but sadly, that's how it think it would go for many people. they would just go about their lives the next day, unless they walked outside and saw it for themselves.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by jaden_x]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
There's a lot of variance as to "What would happen". Let's say that the government knows that these wacky things flying around in our atmosphere are non-human, but even THEY don't know what they are. Then disclosure just means that there's an unknown and nothing has changed. If they are as clueless as we, then we're still in the same boat excepting knowing for sure that "something" is out there.

On the other hand, if the government is "in contact" with whatever beings or intelligences are whizzing about, then the question is this: Are they beings who have traveled interstellar distances to reach us, or are they trans-dimensional beings who are technically "right next door" to us and have just figured out a way to breach the.....dimension between us. If they have traveled interstellar distances, then even if they wouldn't share tech with us, merely "knowing" that it's doable will lead to us having the capability in 50-100 years time.

There's also the possibility that they are so completely different than us that meaningful contact can NEVER occur which would explain the old "Why haven't they landed on the White House lawn" scenario. That's my take anyway.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

While I don't have any printed out documents pertainng to disclosure there is plenty of media coverage on the topic. A quick google search will turn up loads of information. Also, This was more of an opinion based thread, as to what would happen IF a government sponsored disclosure occured. Thanks for the responses though.

A question was asked as to the direct source of disclosure. In my mind i always pictured some sort of press conference with government officials and maybe the president making short speaches, telling Americans that ET is a reality and many of the UFO's reported through out history has, in fact , been ET among us.

Like some have said, if the governement was the one disclosing the information many wouldn't believe it any way. I agree 100%. I know i don't trust them. They've been lying for too long already. I was just curious how many others have actually thought about what the aftermath would be to everyday life if such a disclosure did happen. It's all purely hypothetical of course, since there is no direct proof of a government sponsored disclosure, yet.

Thank you for the replies.

new topics

top topics

join