It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is obama a chisrtian?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by solomamkkane
Sorry, my nine year old boy started the thread while i was asleep.I just told him dont get me banned. sorry again thanks!

Hahahaaha! Starred just for the gall!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I am not sure what to make of this. Not sure the symbolism or if it relates to religious denomination. Rather disturbing.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

It must be written in invisible ink, because if you'll go check, it isn't there. There is no mention in the constitution of separation of church and state.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wally Conley

If believing in God and going to church makes you a Christian, then apparently satan is a Christian.

Also, if I call myself a buffalo but have nothing in common with other buffaloes, then I am not a buffalo.

Obama is in direct conflict with nearly every Christian principle in the Book. If he doesn't fit the definition of a Christian that we find in the Good Dictionary (the Bible), which, by the way, is THE authoritative source on Christianity, since it is the very basis for Christianity, then he simply ISN'T a Christian.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
How many "christians" do you know that actually act Christian? True Christianity died at the Council of Nicea in 325 A.D. If you don't know anything about Constantine and the Nicean Council, research it.

Anyway, to me, religion shouldn't even be an issue in regards to politics.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Most likely that avatar was developed by someone who buys into the whole "Obama is the anti-Christ" movement. He really doesn't fit the characteristics of the anti-Christ as described in the book of Daniel, but we'll see.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Of course he is a christian. He attended Rev Wrights church for 20 years. Now what kind of christian and what kind of message he took from that racist preacher after 20 years could be debatable.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I actually know quite a few people who "act" out their faith. Why is it so difficult to believe that some people actually live what they believe is true? And in fact, Christianity didn't die at Nicea. Yes, there have been some real bastards that have claimed Christianity and have tried to influence Christianity (and in some cases succeeded), but the basic truths are the same as they have always been, even if popular doctrine strays from those basic truths.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by endless_observer

I am going to be fair here. I certainly am not going to be disrespectful because you certainly were not. I appreciate that.

Are there good Christians? Certainly. Honestly, when one examines the history of the Abrahmic religions, it can be argued that Chrisianity is not a tenth as much to blame as its sister religion of Islam is.

However, if true Christianity still existed, Jesus would have never asked his apostles one simple question. "Will faith still remain when I return?" What faith was he referring to? The faith that he taught when he was on earth 2000 years ago. Of course it doesn't!!!

It was driven underground by the "church" in the twelth and thirteenth centuries. For what reason? Control. The "holy church" wanted control over the masses and the only way that it could obtain that was to drive the true gospel of Christ underground.

This is all really beyond the scope of this thread. The fact is, religion shouldn't be an issue in regards to politics. An intermingling of the two causes nothing but problems.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
**Attention**

Here at ATS, we take pride in making every post and thread count. I hope Members will take more care in creating better topics than this in the future.

Moving to Religion forum.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join