It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you join ATS/BTS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
In the thread about 'where did all he new people come from' there's a lot of speculation about why people have joined.

So seeing as no one has done this yet I'll start it off.

What brought you here in the first place?

Did you spend a lot of time reading before joining?

why did you finally make an account?

Well I joined back in 2004 to get the newsletter, didn't have net connection at home so I used to print it off at the library.

I only started posting recently, mainly because of the interest I had in the recent election, some of you may have heard of it, some black guy won apparently he's going to change the world.

anyways I've started to get to know some people here and am now addicted, probably trawling around 30 or more hours a week,

**jeez i need to get a life**

look forward to getting to know you all better in the future.

edit to add; MODS feel free to put this in a different forum wasn't to sure where to put it, thanks

[edit on 16/11/2008 by whoswatchinwho]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well...

I'm an X-Files Fan. In fact, I love X-Files entirely too much. I was watching one of the episodes with The Lone Gunmen, and they were talking about their Newsletter that they put out. I got thinking, "Man I would like recieve a Conspiracy Theory Newsletter!"

So, I went into Google, and typed in "Conspiracy Newsletter." After clicking a few of the links, I found ATS. I poked around for a few days, and asked my dad if he had ever heard of it before. My dad Listens to Coast to Coast every morning (4:00am) in Alberta on his way to work - so he's pretty into Conspiracy Theories too.

So after a few days of looking around some more, I decided to join. I can't remember if I posted right away or not, but once i started posting I realized this site was FAR TOO addicting NOT to be on here. I found more of the boards, Aliens, Government Coverups, 911, Politics, all that stuff. And found that there was lots of great information on here. So, thus cemented my relationship with ATS.

- Carrot

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whoswatchinwho

I joined after a few weeks of reading. I joined to participate in the aliens/UFOs forum. Once I joined I explored other forums and realized how much more ATS has to offer.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

hate to be a party pooper, but i believe this has been done.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
My apologies I done a search but never saw that

MODS take this away if you like

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

The other link is on ATS rather than BTS. As well, the thread has been dormant for several months. This can stay open.

I first found ATS because of my interest in mind control and the whole covert experimenting on people/population control.

I was referred by my brother who actually was a member for awhile (total of five posts, though). I registered immediately and after reading a few threads, decided to get my bearings and see what would happen if I started my own thread. I was immediately slammed down (Ancient Light Bulb thread) and was humbled instantly. I spent some time reading more and then began thoughtfully constructing my posts.

The rest is history...I am thoroughly addicted to this site and all of the friendships I have made...

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Hi WWW. Always nice to run into you.

I've always been an avid stargazer as well as held an interest in astronomy. I am in awe of the universe and all that is within it. I watched a video regarding NASA and ufo's and ran across ATS.

After awhile though, I realized that I had a better sense of humor than was appreciated in ATS and was having a hard time being serious, so I found BTS and never left. I still jump over to ATS once and awhile. There are so many incredibly intelligent people over there. But I prefer the light side of BTS and getting to know so many great people.

Rush

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I think I have been reading ATS for 2 years now, on and off.

But I just joined. I felt it was time to participate.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I joined ATS/BTS for two reasons:The first reason was because I felt I had a lot to learn about the conspiracies and everything that go on around us;And the second reason I joined was because I felt (and still do) that I had something positive to contribute to the ATS/BTS universe.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well I joined while looking for info on the NWO and such. But now Im here for the great people I meet at much as the conspiricies.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
About 7 years ago, I was looking for some information about a channeled handwritten document that I had read when I was about 18 on what life after death was like. I never found it, but it led me to the Children of the Law of One, and the Ra Material which discusses 2012.(which I don't like btw) About six months before I actually joined I looked up that information again which contained information about aliens. I searched around on sites about aliens, and found the John Lear stuff in other places and here at ATS. I've never seen a UFO, but I was interested in the Lear information so I kept reading. I bookmarked ATS. Then about six months later I came back and found a ghost video on here that I thought was amazing called a ghost in my apartment and i got it on video. I wanted to talk to the guy so I joined. Then I found Skyfloating's Law of Attraction and Rainbow Serpents threads and was hooked. Since then I have explored a lot of the forums, but I still haven't even clicked on some.. I couldn't believe how big it was and then there were the archives too... so I read voraciously to try to catch up... I was completely addicted, then I started meeting people and it became much more than a vast well of information.. it became a mental playground. I am still addicted, but I feel much more calm now about it and explore at a more leisurely pace. One of the first things I think about when I wake up is I wonder whats going on on ATS. I can't not check in.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I think I heard John Leer ranting about it on Coast to Coast for like the 9th time in 37 seconds and hoped that if I went and took a look, he'd stop.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I think I heard one of the commercials for it on C2C. I honestly thought the commercial was really cheesy but I get bored at work so I thought I would check it out. Then I stumbled across one of the John Leer moon threads and that consumed me for about a week. After that I signed up.

Now I need to find some sort of a 12 step program to help me break my addiction. :w:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I joined to play the "What is the Conspiracy?" game (a friend who no longer seems to come here told me about it) and planned to never come back afterwards, because I'm not into conspiracies, I just like breaking codes

Seriously, for the first couple weeks I was here I never left the Games Forum except to search for answers to the puzzles.

Then I won the t-shirt and figured I should at least poke around a bit if I was going to be wearing a billboard for the site.

I spent about another two weeks working myself into a tizzy about all the craziness here, then jumped in headfirst. Addiction set in fast. Now whenever my computer's on, ATS is open somewhere, and I don't think I've gone a day without checking in for at least two months.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I think I actually came here first for John Titor.

That only lasted about an hour though.

Then I discovered the rest of the site, lurked for a bit, and joined over 2 years ago.

Been here almost every single day since.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

What brought you here in the first place?
--well, I was looking for something in particular and I didn't know the term for what it was; and this is what hit back from that search. In otherwords: GOOGLE.

Did you spend a lot of time reading before joining?
--No, unfortunately I made the mistake of responding anonmously to something that rang true with me....thus leading to:

why did you finally make an account?

--Well the second time I saw something that I just had to respond to, a join box popped up. I took it as a preference request to register, and I felt it would have been rude and secretive on my part not to take the hint;

plus I had *just* read a negative feedback thread on anonymous posters. I didn't want to start off on a bad foot-and know little enough about computers and intelligence to know that my ip logs to my 'such and where' to ect, and that in those terms anomity really is a sort of illusion.

Any more questions?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I was just thinking about this very question today, whoswatchinwho, and you beat me to the punch.

The conclusion that I have come to is that it is the entertainment… we all have one thing in common here on ATS, and that is a hunger for the mysterious, and when you look at the thousands of perspectives and ideas it can be very entertaining…

BTW, I noticed also from the “Who Are You” thread that you’re a residential care taker. It appears we have one more thing in common; I used to be one for the mentally handicap.

top topics

join