It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some predictions of the Bible code.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by lilblam

Soo these messages in the bible which come true are just an accident?? some how i think not, we're an intelligent race, but not able to construct the bible plus its codes.

WHy not, do you think our abilities have a LIMIT? Only self-imposed one...

People doubted we'd have jet airplanes 100 years ago, in fact, they didn't think flight as possible at all for humans! Only GODS and birds could fly! Suddenly, we're flying.

So 100% accurate messages are just an accident and a mistake which shouldn't be there?

(read my previous message, and having the word "hitler" somewhere in CODE is only 0.000000001% of what occured).

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
lets look at other examples, the JFK assisnation....the passage contained

JFK
DATE
KILLED (OR MURDERED) *can't remember*
CIA

What about the messages which are accurate?? lets see if these 4th july message happen because this will prove everything.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

JFK
DATE
CIA

What about the messages which are accurate?? lets see if these 4th july message happen because this will prove everything.

Great, and if it does not, will you admit that the Bible Code is not intentional? You have to, because otherwise you can read absolutely anything into any "code" and if it doesn't work, then you can say you misinterpreted it. This way you can interpret anything as whatever you want it to mean.

THerefore, if July 4th, 2004 leaves America terrorism-free, you will have to admit (to yourself, you don't have to POST anything or say anything to anyone else, as you'd be the one seeking the truth of the matter, if that's indeed what you seek) that this is a FALSE message. If the code is real, it cannot be false, and if it is real but the message is false anyway, that means we'll never know if it's real anyway, since some messages may be true, others false, at random. In fact, this is simply saying - there is no code.

So do you agree to my proposition?

[Edited on 1-4-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The links to the predictions keep locking my browser up and shutting it down. could someone who has read them give a brief overvew.

thanks

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mo_trot
The links to the predictions keep locking my browser up and shutting it down. could someone who has read them give a brief overvew.

thanks

Big chunks of hebrew text with little boxes that "highlight" words that can go across, vertically, etc.

At the bottom is a key that shows translation of the letters (out of which the words were formed). This is a rought description.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
SO then where other books do the same thing Moby Dick, War and Peace and pretty much any long novel you pick up and predict past events. (lol Predict past events)

Are they to not written by man. IS GOD just a huge fan of writting? Whats the simple awnser here.

You can read the same type things in any book you do the code on. But the one in the bible was made divinely

Or that God wrote all these books

Or its just something that happens with large peices of text and no one has predicted anything, only found things that have happend.

Just at least be logical here

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mo_trot

thanks

YOu can right mouse click the link and download them m then open the with Acrobat readr, that worked after mine froze too, I think the plug in version in IE is lower that the reader it self and the docs were made wth a higher version

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Given the amount of text in any written work that large, and given a limited amount of letters with which to make word combinations, the odds make it almost certain that you can find almost any short combination of short words if you just hunt for them, especially if you already know what you are looking for. The Bible may lend itself to this especially because of the different authors and writing styles which leads to greater diversity in the number of different combinations you could find.

Saw a decent Discovery Channel piece about this where they had people on both sides of this issue and they did a fairly extensive investigation of the math behind the odds involved.

As for me, I don't need a book or a prophacy to tell me to stay out of big cities on 07/04/2004.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

JFK
DATE
CIA

Great, and if it does not, will you admit that the Bible Code is not intentional? You have to, because otherwise you can read absolutely anything into any "code" and if it doesn't work, then you can say you misinterpreted it. This way you can interpret anything as whatever you want it to mean.

THerefore, if July 4th, 2004 leaves America terrorism-free, you will have to admit (to yourself, you don't have to POST anything or say anything to anyone else, as you'd be the one seeking the truth of the matter, if that's indeed what you seek) that this is a FALSE message. If the code is real, it cannot be false, and if it is real but the message is false anyway, that means we'll never know if it's real anyway, since some messages may be true, others false, at random. In fact, this is simply saying - there is no code.

So do you agree to my proposition?

[Edited on 1-4-2004 by lilblam]

Yes if the messages are wrong i well post that the bible message are false and admit that there is no code. But i will investgate it either way because it found this subject interesting.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Yes if the messages are wrong i well post that the bible message are false and admit that there is no code. But i will investgate it either way because it found this subject interesting.

No one's saying that looking into the matter isn't helpful, it's assumptions that trip people up, that's all. If you do not assume before you actually know, you won't fall for false information, ever!

To assume is to make an a.s.s. out of u and me.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Are you saying lilblam that you know for a fact that the bible code is incorrect?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
Are you saying lilblam that you know for a fact that the bible code is incorrect?

Nope, but I see no evidence that it IS indeed any different than the same kind of code extracted from any other literary source. I don't want to assume one way or another. However, if you look hard enough, it IS possible to find almost any message or prophecy in almost any book, so why would the Bible be the one that's intentional, and the others just coincidental?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

the bible code hasn't been proven wrong yet,

Sure it has (at least if you're Christian.0 Do a search for 'negative Bible codes.'

You'll find:
"there is no deliverance."
"Jesus is Satan" -- both in the Bible as encoded messages.
www.prophezine.com...

How about: "Satan is Jehovah" and "Satan is God"
www.prophezine.com...

And a whole pack of them here:
www.prophezine.com...

So, yes, they've found untruths in the Bible Code.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I have a Jewish friend who told me he's read a book on the Bible codes, and one code spells out "Nuclear Hollocaust 2006"
I'm not familiar with the hidden Bible codes that much, just the clear prophecies... which also point to what appear to be nuclear attacks.
I don't really go for date setting either, but I've seen a lot of predictions come to pass over the years.

I wonder if after the U.S. is defeated by nuclear assault, that Denver might become the capitol, since the east & west coast cities would be the ones targetted due to their financial & political power. Taking out NYC and WDC alone would cripple the nation financially & politically. But we know there would still be political power left in the secret strongholds in various places in America.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It could be the classic monkey on the typewriter trick, you know writing Shakespeare when given billions and billions of infinite years. Maybe just loads of computer time on your hands yields the same kind of thing. However I am not about to be too persuaded about these things, when you stare at the clouds and think about all kinds of different animals, after a while they "appear." I am not entirely familiar with these "Bible Code," approaches, so I guess I'd have to talk to you later on this.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The man who discovered this code was working with the bible. I think it is possible to find prophecies in any book if done right. Does that mean that all those books were made by Elohim, or that the code is not true at all?

What i think that happens when using this code, is that the counciousness of the person that is working on the code is what seeks and finds prophecies. The bible code is just a medium, a way to connect to the universal counciousness or collective conciousness.

We are all connected to this conciousness with our unconcious mind, this is why it is possible for two people in separate parts of the world to come up with the same "idea."

Using this code in any large book would work if the person is really looking and believes he/she is looking for prophecies.

Have prophets been wrong in the past? It would seem so, but if you weight the number of prophecies they got wrong and the number of prophecies they got right you will find a percentage rate of prophecies that were right higher than what you would have gotten by chance.

Can anyone, anywhere in the world say that they always get their job right 100%? That they are never wrong in anything, even if it is in the field of study they spent their whole life studying? Whoever says they are always right is lying.

Being able to connect to this mass counciousness does not mean that you will get everything right 100%, because after all, we are human, emotions and other human conditions can get in the way.

It is also true that prophecies are a way to know what might happen. That according to everything that is happening up to that moment, the highest probability would be what the prophecy says. If events change and a large part of the population changes, or those in charge of nations change their minds and try to work together, the prophecy will change.

If it was not possible to see what the future might have in store, then none of the prophecies ever made would have been right, or the percentage of correct prophecies would be equal or lower than that which can be achieved by chance.

[Edited on 1-4-2004 by Muaddib]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join