It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you Slaves of the World,You can call me convict

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I was in jail,I served 9 months out of a year sentence.I started at corragan max for thee months got transfered to an in between for three months then went to north-east min. for the last three months.Granted it wasn't long but I was in .There were no jobs available at any of the places I was at.

I am not proud or bragging about what I did,and heres the truth,

I was going into cars taking change to buy food and i was lucky if I got $3 out of one car and I would stop when I had enough to buy something to eat for that day, The cop trying to make a name for himself charged me with 5 burg.3 and 4 larc.4 it was reduced to 3 burg.3 and 3 larc.4 sentenced to 5yrs. suspended after 1yr. served and 3yrs probation.(It should have been petty theft)

I had my child taken from me by dcf,The dcf workers exact words were"I dont deserve to have her." and this was the first day I met her before she even walked into my house.I will give you all the details if you want.
Now I'm struggling to pay the support and keep a roof over my head.And the support judges words were "I don't care if you live in the streets as long as you pay your support."(Ironically if I live in the streets I will be arrested for vagrancy,sounds like im screwed either way.)

If I were to write a book about my life Noone would believe it as real.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
There is a difference between stealing a loaf of bread to feed your family and stealing someones purse to feed a drug habit. I understand that and have no answers for the former.

That being said, I have no sympathy for pretty much anything else. If I had my way we would not even need prisons.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Yes I have used the community services and they can only be used for a few months in my area so I end up in the same boat every time....I cannot find a job that pays enough to afford an apartment on my own.

It is not that I dont want to work,One job I had I walked 9 miles to and from work every day just to keep the job and I had the job for over 3 yrs.I found a job closer to my home so I quit that one and held the new one for a year. The person I put in a sexual harrasment againt become my manager and I couldn't take her attitude so I quit. When I went for unemployment from that job they denied me because I quit(they didn't care why)

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Hi rtcctr,the problem you have described is a know phenomena in Institutions called "Institutionalized" it occurs in people who are incarcerated for long lengths of time in prisons,mental hospitals.

The term institutionalisation is therefore sometimes used as a term to describe both the treatment of, and damage caused to, vulnerable human beings by the oppressive or corrupt application of inflexible systems of social, medical, or legal controls by publicly owned, private or not-for-profit organisations or to describe the process of becoming accustomed to life in an institution so that it is difficult to resume normal life after leaving.

Zelong.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
You forgot to thank us for the other thing you get for free, oral and anal rape every day of your life, and possible shanking. You're welcome.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

How about getting raped being the biggest disadvantage of all.. That is enough to keep me out.
:-)

[edit on 23-11-2008 by LucidDreamer85]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join