It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post Election Hate crimes indicate a sickness in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
As an American, I came across a story this morning that really gave me pause for thought. The post election hate crimes that I saw in this story are an indication of a much greater illness in America which needs to be overcome.

From kids chanting assassinate Obama, to burning crosses in yards and nooses hanging from trees, this is not the America I know.

Read the story, and tell me how we combat absolute ignorance and hate like this within the walls or our own nation? Can we educate our way out of it? This sickness is found amongst adults and children, and as you can see, should you read the story, even finding school officials potentially abusing their positions.

I for one do not tolerate hate crimes, and we as a people need to band together to eliminate this cancer from within. Heres the story...

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Ao6QOAzS6f5jX7s_c_ZIesSs0NUE

_Four North Carolina State University students admitted writing anti-Obama comments in a tunnel designated for free speech expression, including one that said: "Let's shoot that (N-word) in the head." Obama has received more threats than any other president-elect, authorities say.

_At Standish, Maine, a sign inside the Oak Hill General Store read: "Osama Obama Shotgun Pool." Customers could sign up to bet $1 on a date when Obama would be killed. "Stabbing, shooting, roadside bombs, they all count," the sign said. At the bottom of the marker board was written "Let's hope someone wins."

_Racist graffiti was found in places including New York's Long Island, where two dozen cars were spray-painted; Kilgore, Texas, where the local high school and skate park were defaced; and the Los Angeles area, where swastikas, racial slurs and "Go Back To Africa" were spray painted on sidewalks, houses and cars.

_Second- and third-grade students on a school bus in Rexburg, Idaho, chanted "assassinate Obama," a district official said.

_University of Alabama professor Marsha L. Houston said a poster of the Obama family was ripped off her office door. A replacement poster was defaced with a death threat and a racial slur. "It seems the election brought the racist rats out of the woodwork," Houston said.

_Black figures were hanged by nooses from trees on Mount Desert Island, Maine, the Bangor Daily News reported. The president of Baylor University in Waco, Texas said a rope found hanging from a campus tree was apparently an abandoned swing and not a noose.

_Crosses were burned in yards of Obama supporters in Hardwick, N.J., and Apolacan Township, Pa.

_A black teenager in New York City said he was attacked with a bat on election night by four white men who shouted 'Obama.'

_In the Pittsburgh suburb of Forest Hills, a black man said he found a note with a racial slur on his car windshield, saying "now that you voted for Obama, just watch out for your house."

When Americans threaten other Americans over skin color, are we sampling the few, or the few that were caught? We the people as a whole voted for Obama, which indicates racism is thankfully in remission. When I think on the past few years, from the Abu G prison incident in Iraq and the the hate crimes of today, it seems we may have a long way to go before America can truly say...

"WE HOLD THESE TRUTHS THAT ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL ".

Men meaning mankind, both woman and man.

All men, means all men.

Peace

[edit on 16-11-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The people who do this aren't playing with a full deck. That is no excuse to withhold punishment - I think these slack-jawed, amphibian-brained whack-jobs should all be given the absolute maximum and put in the general population where it's made known what they are in for. Sometimes, when statutes don't go far enough, the inmates make up the difference.
If you don't like his policies, vote against him in 2012. If you want him gone because he's black, or he's just not a fascist, if you're lucky they will knock first.

new topics

join