It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad dies in dream, next day he calls me up and gives me a car!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Last night I had this too real dream of my did dying in a cold pool that was located in our town square. The dream had me real scared and worried about him, so the next day I called him up and we talked for a good half hour. Later, about 3 hours ago, he calls me up and decides to give me a '86 Cougar!
Now I never told him, or anyone else, about the dream but it did strike me as very odd that these two events happen at the same time. This dream I had was so real that I was ready to accept his death, something that I know takes months or even years to accept... His last words in the dream were also odd that he was yelling at a passing car, "Bush is justified!"

Just odd.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
So you are saying that your dad is a Republican?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Why is this in this forum i wonder?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
how deep was the pool? in a town square? not a fountain?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Why is this in this forum i wonder?

I agree, Chit-Chat......

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is garbage...how do you link your dad dying in a dream and the act of giving you a car? I mean honestly, wtf? Time to replace your meds my friend.

[Edited on 1-4-2004 by Lukefj]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Dreaming of death rarely means a physical death. I find that it usually denotes some kind of a change, as does the death card of the tarot. This was proved by the fact that he gave you the car - a definite change of lifestyle for you.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Dreaming of death rarely means a physical death. I find that it usually denotes some kind of a change, as does the death card of the tarot. This was proved by the fact that he gave you the car - a definite change of lifestyle for you.

That has to be the most cliche thing i have ever heard....everyone knows that dreams dont mean # when it come to relating it to real life....i dunno who and why people come up with this stuff. Why do people try to connect to dreams, when in fact there is no connection watsoever. Dreams are jsut random firings of neural connections in your sleep. Dreams are meant to reorganize and effectively makes sense of things being taken in from that day or a few days back...

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs

That has to be the most cliche thing i have ever heard....everyone knows that dreams dont mean # when it come to relating it to real life....

The only way you will change this belief is if you every expereince the oppsite. I have had precognitive dreams - some so strong that I have actually asked others to look out for the people in my dreams. And yes, they did come true (ie. it wasn't deja vu)

And yes, I have had dreams about death. They were never obvious - no one died in these dreams - but afterwards I was left with the same feeling I had when I first saw a human body. One of a sick empty feeling that the soul was gone. I knew that someone close was going to die. Three times I dreamed those things and every time within a short time, I was proved correct.

Dreams work usually in symbolism, although occasionally you get a genuine precog occurance.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
When my mom was a teenager she had this dream where one of her friends from her apartment building father knocked on the door. He gave her a hug and thanked her for being a good kid, and for being friends with his daughter. In the morning she found out that he died during the night.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I have heard many stories and from truthful people like that. Is your dad Sick perhaps, would link the dream and the car, People like to give things to others when they know they are ill. Dont panic, just throwing that out there

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Your dad is probably ill and gave you the car so you could go visit him. How long has it been anyway since you have visited?

top topics

join