It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if UFO's Purpose was Resource Scavanging?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Was watching a UFO documentary on the History channel where vresidue had been analyzed. The left over residue was consistent in the 3 cases that were profiled. The residue after FTIR was identified as a hydrophobic material, furic acid. Hydrophobic means it rejects water (repels). So then I did a web search on the effects of high energy ion fields on water and low and behold the properties of water change (at standard temperature and pressure) whereas the water can and will change state 11% lower STP. Intrigued, I started thinking and thought that no matter what or who these things are, if they warp space/ time to travel (interdimensionally) that they would still need power to manipulate (power is simply the ability to do work). Now what if the following analogy is used... You're driving your car and run out of fuel (petrol for our limey brothers), the car stops and we call for assistance or walk for more fuel. Now, what if you were driving in the remotest parts of the antartica lets say in a snow cat, fuel most likely would be brought to you! No what if the UFO's we see are simply fuel tanks? The go to locations that may have a higher than usual gravitational/ electromagnetic force and ionize the materials beneath the craft to FREE UP ELECTRONS? That radical electron in a valence band when taked would cause the material to change composition and change it's physical properties. Further more upon researching, there are usually more than one craft that is spotted and they converge and dissappear..

What do you think?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Nice theory. I have often heard that there is a marked increase in activity over areas of electromagnetic fluctuations. Ley lines and the sort. It makes sense.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

In the early 1990s in South Africa, me and a couple of mates were standing on a beach at night. I glimpsed a diamond shaped object with very defined lights inside it, which suddenly flashed several colors and it was gone. I wanted to say nothing until the guy next to said: "What the .... was that?" Strangely, although it was miles away in the sky across a bay, it seemed to know two of us had spotted it, and it was not looking for an audience.
I later learned that according to the Vedas telepathy is one of Siddhus, or special powers of aliens. In that culture it is nothing special, and followers should ignore them as distractions from spiritual practice. They were here in past ages, and whatever re-conaissance they are doing is done by lower alien races in cahoots with materialistic governments. They know all there is to know about us, but also to be wary of our mental capacity for freedom, so I think this is what they want to manipulate.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I have to agree it's like craft can detect you are watching them.. because when i see them, they seem to turn their lights off and then fly off at high speeds.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

Yes, for me that was the truly unsettling aspect, and it left me with a lingering feeling that I saw something that I wasn't supposed to, and for someone young that was trusting in new ideals like "democratic transparency" at the time, that was quite troubling.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I doubt this would be the reason any alien race would visit the Earth. Any materials or resources (albeit except for life) can be found elsewhere in the solar system. Why travel to Earth, in the inner solar system, when it would take less time to find it elsewhere?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Perhaps it's not even aliens, all I know my encounter was very strange. However, isn't your post (a valid point) asking by the same logic, why did European companies sail to the Americas or Australia when they had a degree of all variety at home? There could be countless reasons.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
Perhaps it's not even aliens, all I know my encounter was very strange. However, isn't your post (a valid point) asking by the same logic, why did European companies sail to the Americas or Australia when they had a degree of all variety at home? There could be countless reasons.

Your analogy misses the point. The premise of the thread is that these hypothetical aliens are coming to Earth to harvest certain resources. My point is there is no reason for them to come all the way here when these same resources can be found elsewhere in the solar system, perhaps in more abundant sources, and not as deep in. To use your analogy, it would be like the Europeans by-passing a hypothetical-for-this-conversation landmass in the Atlantic, ignoring it for the Americas, further away and without as many resources.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
I doubt this would be the reason any alien race would visit the Earth. Any materials or resources (albeit except for life) can be found elsewhere in the solar system. Why travel to Earth, in the inner solar system, when it would take less time to find it elsewhere?

So you're saying that Earth can't have anything (resource-wise) that's unique to Earth?

You know for a fact that anything found on Earth can be found elsewhere in the solar system?

I'd like to know how you can say that with such certainty when you can't possible know this for a fact unless you've been though out the solar system. Which is pretty obvious you haven't.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by nightmare_david]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
that is certainly possible.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Well, at first the resources for colonialism in the US were largely social - finding a spot for persecuted sects and minorities. The resulting plunder was then also seen as a holy mission to convert the natives, although I believe there were many sincere missionaries. Sure, we had the gold-lust of the conquistadors with the Aztecs and Incas. But the other social factors are quite complex, until the Industrial Revolution came along and demanded cotton, for example. The Cape of Good Hope in South Africa was at first merely a refreshment station for ships going to the East. So there were many reasons for colonialism, and by my analogy there could be many resources we have that are in short-supply elsewhere, on alien planets. To say they could find them elsewhere with greater ease is an assumption.
The unseen exchange in colonialism was the mixture of genes, which strengthened both Old and New World parents against the viruses of both. So it may be genetic. The other great benefit was the exchange of new foods: the West got maize, potatos, tomatos and more, while America got the the horse, pig, cow and chicken. On the other hand, we study worms, rats and insects in labs, often with deferred rather than immediate results. This seems a more likely analogy. We may be lab-rats.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel

Was watching a UFO documentary on the History channel where vresidue had been analyzed. The left over residue was consistent in the 3 cases that were profiled. The residue after FTIR was identified as a hydrophobic material, furic acid. Hydrophobic means it rejects water (repels). So then I did a web search on the effects of high energy ion fields on water and low and behold the properties of water change (at standard temperature and pressure) whereas the water can and will change state 11% lower STP. Intrigued, I started thinking and thought that no matter what or who these things are, if they warp space/ time to travel (interdimensionally) that they would still need power to manipulate (power is simply the ability to do work). Now what if the following analogy is used... You're driving your car and run out of fuel (petrol for our limey brothers), the car stops and we call for assistance or walk for more fuel. Now, what if you were driving in the remotest parts of the antartica lets say in a snow cat, fuel most likely would be brought to you! No what if the UFO's we see are simply fuel tanks? The go to locations that may have a higher than usual gravitational/ electromagnetic force and ionize the materials beneath the craft to FREE UP ELECTRONS? That radical electron in a valence band when taked would cause the material to change composition and change it's physical properties. Further more upon researching, there are usually more than one craft that is spotted and they converge and dissappear..

What do you think?

I guess I have to point out that you don't explain what you're talking about.

"Left over residue of what?"

A slimy UFO, lube from an alien condom?

And you refer to Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy like if everybody knew what you're talking about.

I feel you went a little fast there in order to arrive at a conclusion...

So I would have to say that the OP scores a point, UFOs have been spotted sucking or swirling up water, there was even a whole lake in Chile that disappeared during UFO observations. They also seem attracted to electromagnetic 'hotspots' and thunderstorms all over the planet.
The Annunaki, the so called Gods that descended from the sky in Sumerian mythology, showed a keen interest in gold. It has been speculated that they were extra-terrestials.

Although, I would have to agree with DoomsdayRex that they would not come here in the purpose of extracting natural resources. Sure we could have something that is rare elsewhere, but...

Electromagnetism can be produced anywhere in the Universe,

H2O2 can equally be found all over the Universe, nothing unique here.

Gold is a different matter. It's not unique to Earth, but it's hard to say in what quantities it exists elsewhere.

But consider this.

IMO, any civilization advanced enough to use interstellar, interdimensional or time traveling technology should be advanced enough to produce what elements they need from neighboring elements. As an example, we produce plutonium - which is an element that is not found (only faint trace elements) anywhere on earth by transmuting other elements into plutonium. A civilization of a much higher technological order should be able to produce transuranic (any atomic number greater than 92) elements,
and they should be able to produce gold.

So they would probably not travel light-years to other worlds in order to mine it, which would be cumbersome and costly. They would produce it an anything they need where they are.

But of course, they might have some minor needs while passing by, kind of like a road stop convenient store where you pick up what you forgot to bring.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

Interesting post.

There are some strange reports here of unknown objects 'taking on water' - don't know what to make of them though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Cheers.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Hello all, Im new to ATS and i just wanted to share my thoughts.. I agree with most, but im not saying i dont believe in ufo's and aliens cause i do.. I think they had something to do with us in the beginning of time.. This is my opinion..

I've recently viewed the nasa mars missions and space missions in general and you can hear them saying there are aliens and ufo's.. I watched this one video that suggested they injected thier dna or whatever they have to our DNA and thats how humans came to be.. If you actually thought about it the pictures nasa got from mars(towers,ice,tunnles, vehicles, and hut looking things not to mention the fossils..) REMEMBER Anything is Possible..

Has anyone else seen them?

Its your opinion, belief, or religion.. You are who you are, no one but you can change that...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

So you're saying that Earth can't have anything (resource-wise) that's unique to Earth?

You know for a fact that anything found on Earth can be found elsewhere in the solar system?

I'd like to know how you can say that with such certainty when you can't possible know this for a fact unless you've been though out the solar system. Which is pretty obvious you haven't.

I believe that is what the poster is saying. Between probes, remote landers, and instrument readings, there doesn't seem to be any Earth-only resource in the solar system that I can recall (other than life, and even that is speculated very seriously to be on certain moons, etc.). The elements in large number on Earth are in large supply elsewhere in the solar system (and likely other solar systems from what we've seen)...

In addition, if you have interstellar capability, it would seem that resources would be virtually unlimited, so "inhabited" worlds would likely be a last resort for resource gathering (but of course, that's from a "human" reasoning...they may simply think much differently).....

It's an interesting premise (and this was the premise in the original V miniseries in a way...the aliens claimed they needed water, etc., but really needed "food"....)

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david

Check your hostility at the door, there is no need for it.

There very well may be some resource unique to Earth. But as far as we know, there isn't (excepting for life, already mentioned). It is not a certainty, but the preponderance of evidence suggests it may be.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Check your hostility at the door, there is no need for it.

There very well may be some resource unique to Earth. But as far as we know, there isn't (excepting for life, already mentioned). It is not a certainty, but the preponderance of evidence suggests it may be.

I wasn't being hostile, I was asking a valid question. If anyone needs to check their attitude it's you. Don't try twisting or nit-pick what I say. I've seen you do that with many other people on here and I won't just sit quietly if you try that on anything I post.

How do any of us know if Earth doesn't have anything unique to it resource-wise? What if Earth has something we might not know about? New things are discovered all the time. I think it's a little arrogant to say anything found on Earth can easily be found through out the solar system. What about the rest of the universe? Does the same go for it?

We've sent probes to other places. I think it's arrogant to say something like that with such certainty until we've actually advanced enough to step foot on some of these places.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

How do any of us know if Earth doesn't have anything unique to it resource-wise?

We don't, not for certain. But again, the preponderance of evidence suggests that is the case.

Originally posted by nightmare_david I think it's a little arrogant to say anything found on Earth can easily be found through out the solar system. What about the rest of the universe?

How is that arrogant? It operates on the mediocrity principle, that being there is nothing exceptional about our planet. It is antithesis of arrogance. In fact what you are suggesting is arrogance, that we are somehow special, that our home possesses some special quality not found elsewhere.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

How do any of us know if Earth doesn't have anything unique to it resource-wise? What if Earth has something we might not know about?

Your question is valid, and with the knowledge that we possess today it is impossible to answer it.

Personally, I think - based on the reasoning I developed in my earlier post - that whatever attracts them to this planet isn't natural resources. A civilization capable of manipulating space/time (in order to come here) should reasonably be able to manipulate matter in any way, and artificially create whatever they need.

The ONLY thing (we know of) that can be considered a 'resource' and that cannot be found on any other world is... us, and all organic life, since it has developed according to our planet's specific conditions and is unique in that sense.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Earth has something unique all right US,humanity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join