It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ball lightning or UFOs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Interesting compilation of UFO footage claiming to be ball lightning

Are these vids UFOs or the rare atmospheric phenomenon known as ball lightning?

Ball lightning is an atmospheric electrical phenomenon, the physical nature of which is still controversial. The term refers to reports of luminous, usually spherical objects which vary from pea-sized to several meters in diameter. It is sometimes associated with thunderstorms, but unlike lightning flashes, which last only a fraction of a second, ball lightning reportedly lasts many seconds.

To me some of the footage still remains unexplained although this phenomenon could be a plausible explantion for some UFO videos.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
While I am on of those that think that most UFOs have a simple explanation, like balloons, for example, I think this video is exaggerating in implying that all those things are ball lightning cases.

The first example, during a lightning storm, is probably a ball lightning, but all the other cases (even some doubtful) do not appear to happen during a storm, so I guess that the conditions were not even the right ones to create lightnings of any kind.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
very interesting....I cannot see myself balls of lightening behaving in the manor some of these lights are,the one that hit the ground yes,but still no explaination for the majority of the vids...Thanks for sharing..

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
While I am on of those that think that most UFOs have a simple explanation, like balloons, for example, I think this video is exaggerating in implying that all those things are ball lightning cases.

Yes I'm sure a large percentage of UFO sightings are misidents like Chinese lanterns,balloons,kites,planes,planets,atmospheric phenomenon,myopic floaters,space stations...
but its fair to say there does remain a significant percentage which cannot be explained.

As Stanton Freidman is fond of saying:
"Some UFO sightings are not ours (emphasis on the some).
I don't care about the sightings that aren't.
As a nuclear physicist, most isotopes are not fissionable,I don't care about those either"

Heres another strange video that claims to be ball lightning-the objects do look very odd:

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

top topics

join