It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama supporters racially attack white woman who doesnt support Obama.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It is funny how we don't see this on the news nationwide. If it was the other way around then it would be a HUGE story. Typical libral stuff, they are displaying racism while putting it on another. That doesn't surprise me. I hear stories all the time about libral teachers pushing their agendas onto people.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Victoria 1
It is funny how we don't see this on the news nationwide. If it was the other way around then it would be a HUGE story. Typical libral stuff, they are displaying racism while putting it on another. That doesn't surprise me. I hear stories all the time about libral teachers pushing their agendas onto people.

I was not aware "librals" had a racial preference.

source
lib⋅er⋅al   /ˈlɪbərəl, ˈlɪbrəl/ Pronunciation [lib-er-uhl, lib-ruhl]

–adjective 1. favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.
2. (often initial capital letter) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.
3. of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism.
4. favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, esp. as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.
5. favoring or permitting freedom of action, esp. with respect to matters of personal belief or expression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers.
6. of or pertaining to representational forms of government rather than aristocracies and monarchies.
7. free from prejudice or bigotry; tolerant: a liberal attitude toward foreigners.
8. open-minded or tolerant, esp. free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc.
9. characterized by generosity and willingness to give in large amounts: a liberal donor.
10. given freely or abundantly; generous: a liberal donation.
11. not strict or rigorous; free; not literal: a liberal interpretation of a rule.
12. of, pertaining to, or based on the liberal arts.
13. of, pertaining to, or befitting a freeman.
–noun 14. a person of liberal principles or views, esp. in politics or religion.
15. a member of a liberal party in politics, esp. of the Liberal party in Great Britain.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate Or you could ignore the fact that sweatmonicaIdo already countered this argument for just about everyone and theres no need to rehash it.

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
You completely misunderstand the nature of population growth.

Population growth is not synonymous with life expectancy or anything like. Growth is due to high birth rates, fertility, lack of access to contraception, sociocultural norms that promote the bearing of children, and lack of women's liberation movements

I think I should abide by Ashley’s signature and stop arguing with fools.

You think he proved my point false? He claims I “completely misunderstand the nature of population growth”. Really. See I saw it was pretty simple, you count all the all the living humans and that number equals the total population. If the number of humans increases then that would be population growth. Maybe I am oversimplifying it? Perhaps the world needs to change the criteria when gauging population? Perhaps we should ask the humans if they are “happy” or “fulfilled” and then only count the ones that say yes? Or maybe only count the humans that are adults? Or maybe not count them at all if they don’t live to be 70?

In your mind he presented a brilliant and well thought out argument! He makes a bunch of random statements that do not in any way relate to the original point, and that strikes you as a sound and rational rebuttal. Is it because he used a few 3 syllable words?

Rather sad really.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Evil on a Minneapolis Campus

After taunting 18-year old freshman Annie Grossmann for wearing her McCain-Palin campaign button at an election night get-together, and "getting in her face," four women beat her for political views which, obviously, they did not share. Grossmann took verbal abuse at the party, then left for her dorm after it was clear, about 10 p.m., that her candidates had lost. She was followed by the four women into the shadows of a nearby skyway.There she was beaten. The four women, all black, called Grossmann a "racist." She knew none of them. Nor did they know her, to her knowledge. It was that damn campaign button that evidently caused their frenzy. Their earlier taunts proved that. They were, Grossmann said, "rubbing her face in Obama's win."

"Why do you call me a racist when you don't even know me?" she screamed. Made no difference. Grossmann was felled by the largest of the four. She hit her head on the brick wall, and staggered back to her dorm. The other three black women at the beating chucked at this dark manifestation of partisan evil. They walked away laughing, offering no help to their victim. The banality of evil had asserted itself. And at four-to-one, it was also a cowardly act of mindless violence which, presumably, the four thought "normal."

www.frontpagemag.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkmaninperth

Originally posted by Jemison

My daughters are still getting teased about the fact that they were McCain supporters and they are young! My 9 year old gets it far worse than my 10 year old or my 7 year old twins but they all are still being given a hard time because they are cautious about an Obama Presidency.

Your nine year old is a McCain supporter?

So are your seven year olds?

Mate, my seven year old doesn't know the first thing about politics or George W Bush, except for what he has seen on TV.

We in Australia, have already had our Obama with the Kevin07 election landslide - my kids blissfully are unaware of it. They probably don't even know who our Primeinister is? And to be frank, that's the bloody way I like it.

Why should they be brainwashed at such an early age and with such a heatd topic, why can't you simply let them be kids?

Well said my Australian friend. Like the post you responded to my kids (13, 8 & 7) were also FORCED at school to follow the election and even hold a mock election of thier own as an attempt to educate them on politics. I protested this strongly as I believe that the business and work of adults should never be a childs affair. LET THEM BE KIDS. Considering how kids divide into groups at school based on one of a million reasons anyway is there any point to give them another reason to divide?

People of all ages have divided by race for a long time even if not openly racist, but with happenings like the one that started this thread it would be no suprise to anyone if even the most neutral individuals become slanted against other races.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by ch1ldofthe70s]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
_javascript:icon('
')prove it

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
I think I should abide by Ashley’s signature and stop arguing with fools.

Ugh. You know, her reference was kind of artful and only slightly insulting. Left room for showing one wasn't a fool. Yours, on the other hand, is just abusive. Departing with a final insult does not make for an argument won. In fact, ad hominem.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Originally posted by Sonya610

"Yeah, the blacks and people of color are being wiped out! Literally killed off by all this racism! All the foreign aid and vaccines are doing them in! "

This comment and the population chart which follows by Sonya610 is the most pathetic, ignorant and idiotic statement i have ever read on this site. I will not point out the many way sonya's comments are pathetically stupid and ill informed, as any itlligent person knows this already. I have read this site for two years, without ever posting, yet after reading this post and all the others in this thread, i am compelled to write this post to sonya610. you are a simple minded pathetic woman, and you need to keep quiet untill you get an education and rid your mind of the racism, igorance and fear it is currently affected with. i hope i never have to read anything posted by sonya610 again in my life.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmariebored
I love it when white people, who grew up with rich white parents supporting them say that black people have just as many opportunities as they do.

And I "love it" - actually hate it - when people make these kinds of racist statements. Yes, think about it. What I quoted above is racist. It is also stereotypical. Just the kind of thing some people love to say all whites do to blacks.

I say cure your own demonstrated racism before talking to anyone else about what you perceive to be their "racism".

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mmariebored

That's bigotry beyond description!

Us white folks are all rich and have parents that all support us forever and ever, eh? Blacks have been kept down by all us rich white folks and this country provides no opportunities, eh?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The media, school and these black theology churches teaches them from an early age that white people are "privileged" with riches by birth. Its a ridiculous idea, but you would be surprised how many people beleive. Even other white people beleive it. In fact what is most disturbing to me, is how white people have been trained over the last few decades to basically hate themselves. The term "poor white trash" is especially despicable term tat has somehow become common place. Poor people are vicitims to be helped and coddled, unless they're white. They're trash.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by mmariebored

That's bigotry beyond description!

Us white folks are all rich and have parents that all support us forever and ever, eh? Blacks have been kept down by all us rich white folks and this country provides no opportunities, eh?

HAHA!!! Anyone that believes that also believes that white trash is a myth, and I am pretty sure my first wife was 4 real. There is good and bad to every race on the planet and no one race is more holy than then next obviously.

The fact remains that with the naked eye both whites and blacks feel that the opportunities are slanted in the others favor. I doubt anything short of a true divine intervention will ever end it. Let us pray...

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well I gotta disagree here it is in farrakhans own scarry words. Just click on the link. www.youtube.com...
Just felt people should know.

reply to post by Grand Puba

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by mmariebored
I love it when white people, who grew up with rich white parents supporting them say that black people have just as many opportunities as they do.

And I "love it" - actually hate it - when people make these kinds of racist statements. Yes, think about it. What I quoted above is racist. It is also stereotypical. Just the kind of thing some people love to say all whites do to blacks.

I say cure your own demonstrated racism before talking to anyone else about what you perceive to be their "racism".

I am working class poor I live in the inner city, and am of mixed ethnicity.

And I don't like Obama, I am not the only one.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
This woman was simply trying to better herself and get an education, when her Obama supporting teacher and fellow students began racially attacking her for being a Republican. The teacher (also black) made no attempt to stop the attacks.

Its a good example at how racism is a human problem and not exclusive to one group.

Who cares? Sorry but it's some stupid news clip. A person was attacked because of their beliefs?! You don't say. And I bet a black kid got torn up by a bunch of white kids at a golf course somewhere because he didn’t support McCain, and he never went back to that country club again. This is a forum for conspiracy stuff. I could give a crap if kids made fun of other kids at school today.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MakeSoap

Um, one problem with that. The black kid wouldn't be allowed to step foot on the country club. Unless he was an employee. And then he'd keep his mouth shut because he needs the job. Unless he got lucky and the GOP decided to give him 700billion dollars.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
The black kid wouldn't be allowed to step foot on the country club.
Unless he was an employee.

The membership list at the country club in our town has black people, white people, brown people and asian people.

We aren't members because we can't afford it. But there are definately black members. (we know people who are members). They can afford it better than we can.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yep, gamergal loves to paint people with a broad and, as people so often point out to her, false brush. Somehow never even getting close to understanding that she is demonstrating gross prejudice herself.

While I unfortunately have to admit that there is some prejudice against obama, this thread is meant to show that it is also being done in reverse.

Everyone needs to stop playing the race card before they end up fanning these embers into flames that cannot be easily put out. If you were alive and old enough to watch the news in the 60's, try recalling what happened in Detroit, LA and other U.S. cities.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'm not sure if there's truth to all of these cases popping up in the news, but I'm about tired of hearing about it! This is getting rediculous!

I have had a lot of African American friends in my life and to this day all attest "It's NEVER about race. Should NEVER be." But a race issue is all this is becoming. I am proud to see that we have moved to having an African American as a Persident Elect. Now I read in the newspaper about people praising about seeing somone like "them" in the Oval Office. I though we aere past this folks! I can't believe that this race issue is still haunting us.

Wether African American... Native American... Polish American... Or Italian American... WE ARE ALL AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up

Wether African American... Native American... Polish American... Or Italian American... WE ARE ALL AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said and I could not agree more. Is it my skewed vision and hearing or is the media seeming squirmish trying to talk about the fact that he is black and still sound politically correct?....
....now i have to go rinse my mouth out. Hate those two words.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join