It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama supporters racially attack white woman who doesnt support Obama.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
My main problems are the use of scientific data to make generalizations about certain people when there are obviously many other factors involved that are just being ignored. Not to mention the information that gets left out when these generalizations are made.

Income
Family Size
School Ranking
Education level of parents
Time parents spend with adopted child and biological child
Time spent studying by children
Date the 155 studies were carried out
Which countries the samples were taken from
Level of education each of the subjects in the sample had

I could go on there are so many factors that can be conveniently ignored when making a Generalization and conclusion.

How strict the methodology is in terms of some of the above mentioned variables, and not so much the operationalization.

That is why I refuse to believe the differences in IQ and racial groups are significant when all the above variables i mentioned and many many more are not taken into consideration and incorporated into the experiments you use as your sources/examples.

I haven't read the full study by Jensen that gave as a source, but I'll get back to you on the problems that i have with it. Just give me some time, it is a full 60 page study, and i have other things in life to get on with. But i will get back to you and post the bones that i have to pick with it.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by Gianluigi]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by HunkaHunkaYeah? And?

Not sure where you are going with this, somehow equating morality to a lack of intelligence?

Generally speaking countries with highest overall iq's have the lowest amounts of violent crime, domestic violence, child abuse, etc... Countries with the lowest average iq's are the opposite. And there is no doubt many of the low iq countries would love to build bombs and have a fleet of jet fighters if they could! It has nothing to do with morality.

Interesting theorey Sonya..That means according to statistics that South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mexico, Zambia, and geez well most of the rest of the world must be more intelligent than Americans...
Crimes per Capita:
www.nationmaster.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11Interesting theorey Sonya..That means according to statistics that South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mexico, Zambia, and geez well most of the rest of the world must be more intelligent than Americans...
Crimes per Capita:
www.nationmaster.com...

Yeah, interesting theory and it FITS. Did you know 49% of ALL murders in this country are committed by a 6% minority with the lowest IQ? Whereas the group with the highest IQ in the U.S. has the lowest violent crime rate (east asians)?

www.ojp.usdoj.gov...

Check out the MURDER rates from the same site. Please keep in mind Zimbabwe is falling apart, South Africa is in bad shape as well, they no longer have the ability to accurately track murder rates, and you can be sure petty theft does not even get on the radar screen.

www.nationmaster.com...

[edit on 19-11-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Check out the MURDER rates from the same site. Please keep in mind Zimbabwe is falling apart, South Africa is in bad shape as well, they no longer have the ability to accurately track murder rates, and you can be sure petty theft does not even get on the radar screen.

You had said "crime"...now it's just "murder rates" and you don't count any stats that you disagree with like Zimbabwe, South africa etc...the numbers must be bad right?

BTW ...African Americans are close to 15% of the US population vs the 6% you qouted? Where are you comming up with these numbers. Google it.

Okay, I'll try to still play along...I now looked at murder rates alone.
Out of 62 countries Saudi Arabia and Qatar have the lowest murder rates.....So according to your theorey Saudi Arabia and Qatar are the most intelligent people on earth? And all of the following nations have higher average IQs than the USA?

#25 Armenia: 0.0425746 per 1,000 people
#26 India: 0.0344083 per 1,000 people
#27 Yemen: 0.0336276 per 1,000 people
#28 Dominica: 0.0289733 per 1,000 people
#29 Azerbaijan: 0.0285642 per 1,000 people
#30 Finland: 0.0283362 per 1,000 people
#31 Slovakia: 0.0263303 per 1,000 people
#32 Romania: 0.0250784 per 1,000 people
#33 Portugal: 0.0233769 per 1,000 people
#34 Malaysia: 0.0230034 per 1,000 people
#35 Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of: 0.0229829 per 1,000 people
#36 Mauritius: 0.021121 per 1,000 people
#37 Hungary: 0.0204857 per 1,000 people
#38 Korea, South: 0.0196336 per 1,000 people
#39 Slovenia: 0.0179015 per 1,000 people
#40 France: 0.0173272 per 1,000 people
#41 Czech Republic: 0.0169905 per 1,000 people
#42 Iceland: 0.0168499 per 1,000 people
#43 Australia: 0.0150324 per 1,000 people
#44 Canada: 0.0149063 per 1,000 people
#45 Chile: 0.014705 per 1,000 people
#46 United Kingdom: 0.0140633 per 1,000 people
#47 Italy: 0.0128393 per 1,000 people
#48 Spain: 0.0122456 per 1,000 people
#49 Germany: 0.0116461 per 1,000 people
#50 Tunisia: 0.0112159 per 1,000 people
#51 Netherlands: 0.0111538 per 1,000 people
#52 New Zealand: 0.0111524 per 1,000 people
#53 Denmark: 0.0106775 per 1,000 people
#54 Norway: 0.0106684 per 1,000 people
#55 Ireland: 0.00946215 per 1,000 people
#56 Switzerland: 0.00921351 per 1,000 people
#57 Indonesia: 0.00910842 per 1,000 people
#58 Greece: 0.0075928 per 1,000 people
#59 Hong Kong: 0.00550804 per 1,000 people
#60 Japan: 0.00499933 per 1,000 people

www.nationmaster.com...

[edit on 19-11-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
Right on Sonya!...and also Men have Higher IQs than Women!! As evidenced by this research..SO whites are smarter than blacks and your Gender is dumber than mine! LOL

Some studies show a 2-3 point iq difference. There are certainly far more male geniuses, but also far more male idiots. The male iq varies a LOT more than female iq so the sampling of the study is very very important. A while back a famous paper was published saying men were much more intelligent, but he only tested students applying for college! Thereby neatly deleting ALL the below average males from the study.

But hey it is quite possible there maybe a 2 or 3 point difference, and if the study is unbiased, I would believe it. Most males do tend to have better spacial iq so i could see the tests reflecting that.

Originally posted by maybereal11
You had said "crime"...now it's just "murder rates" and you don't count any stats that you disagree with like Zimbabwe, South africa etc...the numbers must be bad right?

BTW ...African Americans are close to 15% of the US population vs the 6% you qouted? Where are you comming up with these numbers. Google it.

Okay, I'll try to still play along...I now looked at murder rates alone.
Out of 62 countries Saudi Arabia and Qatar have the lowest murder rates.....So according to your theorey Saudi Arabia and Qatar are the most intelligent people on earth? And all of the following nations have higher average IQs than the USA?

First of all I said “violent crime”….

Generally speaking countries with highest overall iq's have the lowest amounts of violent crime, domestic violence, child abuse, etc

Last time I checked murder fell under violent crime. As stated, Zimbabwe is literally falling apart, they are not capable of tracking any sort of crime, violent or otherwise right now. They are starving and their society is a mess…or don’t you read the news?

The 6% number I referenced was based on African American males, add the women in and its about 13%. www.census.gov...

As to whether Saudi Arabians are the most intelligent, well, lets just say they are intelligent enough to have worked out a system that heavily discourages repeat offenders (Or maybe you haven’t heard that either? Chopping off body parts is a pretty strong deterrent).

(Sorry if I failed to address some "very important points" but I am mostly working and only partly playing online).

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Better stick with the racism theory

I guess you should know all about that.

In any case it was just an opinion that they ridiculed the girl about race. The video indicates it was politically motivated.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by greysave]

[edit on 19-11-2008 by greysave]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by greysave
I guess you should know all about that.

In any case it was just an opinion that they ridiculed the girl about race. The video indicates it was politically motivated.

Yes, must have been political. And when it was a whole classroom of ONE race badgering the one, lone, single person of another race, it never struck them as a bit harsh or inappropriate...cause it was just political. Good to know.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Obama is a white man with a sun tan! He has no more in common with "black folk"than JFK had with white trailer trash.He spent quite a while trying to persuade Chicago blacks he was really "black enough"and did a lot of ass kissing to" jesse and al "for their support .Obama is bought and paid for just as the majority of our "leaders"have been! Welcome to the NWO and our totalitarian future!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gianluigi
That is why I refuse to believe the differences in IQ and racial groups are significant when all the above variables i mentioned and many many more are not taken into consideration and incorporated into the experiments you use as your sources/examples.

But if you recall how this all started, it was some comment on how racism is responsible for the socio-economic differences.

If you do acknowledge that there ARE some iq differences, whether they are caused by racism, environment, whatever, then as a reasonable person you have to say that those differences WILL effect socio-economic status.

In the real world if someone has an iq of 90 (for whatever reason) they are not going to pull down $200k a year as a surgeon or a lawyer. Maybe as an athlete or a singer, but those jobs are rare. People can say "iq is a myth" all they like but they never have anecdotal stories about someone with a 90 iq becoming a physicist.

People often say iq doesn't matter with regard to income because they only look at very HIGH iq's, and then say well see that guy isn't rich! It isn't about the highest iq, someone with a 140 iq could pursue a high level career and make a ton or money OR choose to be a poet that earns money sweeping floors, it is their choice! It is about about mid and low range iq's, and how that limits their career paths. It takes a fair amount of brains to function well in many professions.

140 Professors and Research Scientists.
130 Physicians and Surgeons; Lawyers; Engineers (Civil and Mechanical)
120 School Teachers; Pharmacists; Accountants; Nurses; Stenographers; Managers.
110 Foremen; Clerks; Telephone Operators; Salesmen; Policemen; Electricians.
100+ Machine Operators; Shopkeepers; Butchers; Welders; Sheet Metal Workers.
100- Warehousemen; Carpenters; Cooks and Bakers; Small Farmers; Truck and Van Drivers.
90 Laborers; Gardeners; Upholsterers; Farmhands; Miners; Factory Packers and Sorters.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mmariebored

I grew up without prejudice, because we had NO people in my town who didn't look like me! When I was a senior, we had an exchange student from Japan, and there were a few people who made nasty comments (not to him, of course!) about WWII, but they were few.

When I moved to Los Angeles, I had NO IDEA what a diverse society I was coming into. I learned to judge people as individuals, not by the color of their skins and the shapes of their eyes.

I have had many African-American friends, Asian friends, friends from all over the world during the many years I've lived here. I've also been discriminated against by some people who are not white, as well as by my own race. I've found that there's been a terrible attitude perpetrated by parents and within communities, that shapes their respective children's attitudes for the remainder of their lives. There's enough blame in each community to go around... And while the ones who exhibit this prejudiced attitude against those who are not part of their culture are wrong, we have to accept that this really is a matter of reaping what's been sown for centuries, and is still being sown around the dinner table and in the pews.

Prejudice comes in more than just race... it comes with religion, as well. Some Christians believe certain ways, depending upon the mantras of their pastors and the particular teachings of their forms of Christianity, and they can be just as offensive to people from other faiths (even other Christian Faiths!) as some of us are against cultures and skin colors. There are radicals in all walks of life. We can try to reason with them, but I've found that reason rarely works. Once a belief, whether it's religious or racist, in engrained in someone, it can rarely be undone.

So all we can do is be the best we can be, treat others with the respect we would wish to have (whether they return it or not) and continue on our respective paths, harboring no blanket resentment, and above all, not passing our feelings of hurt at being disrespected from time to time, onto to those who are more impressionable than we are.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
This woman was simply trying to better herself and get an education, when her Obama supporting teacher and fellow students began racially attacking her for being a Republican. The teacher (also black) made no attempt to stop the attacks.

Its a good example at how racism is a human problem and not exclusive to one group.

The students should be expelled and the so-called teacher should be fired and jailed for being racist.
If this had been the other way around, the non-whites would now be rioting in the streets and burning down the building.
But because it was a white girl, that makes it okay in their racist minds.
This poor student has had to leave because no-one cares, if she had been black, all the do-gooding human-rights crazies would be screaming at the door of the White House.
It`s the same over here in the UK. And one day all hell is going to be let loose on the streets

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
You know, the funny thing about all of this: White people are often criticized for being racists, when in the south, it's usually black people calling out remarks.

As a matter of fact, I can't hang out with someone of African decent without the topic of race coming out of his/her mouth. Why? Because there's a lot of old animosity, that's only perpetuated by everyone calling each other ''n-word'', 'nigga', and 'dog'!
Was it not BLACK SLAVE TRADERS that traded some of the slaves in the first place?

Check out thefo
"Most slaves were black and were held by whites, *although some Native Americans and free blacks also held slaves.* The majority of slaveholding was in the southern United States where most slaves were engaged in an efficient machine-like gang system of agriculture. According to the 1860 U.S. census, nearly four million slaves were held in a total population of just over 12 million in the 15 states in which slavery was legal."

It's a shame that we can't just move past all of this madness, and get on with our lives. I think that WE ARE ALL SLAVES!! As long as we're stuck in this system of trade, we'll always be 'paid slaves'.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join