Obama supporters racially attack white woman who doesnt support Obama.

page: 11
14
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
If I have learned anything from the past 2 weeks its that Obama supporters are the most arrogant, ignorant, racist, blind sheep on the face of the Earth.


Yes. Those "Obama Supporters" making hateful, ignorant, generalizations and lumping all McCain supporters together blindly and then verbally attacking them! LOL

This is one of the most idiotic statements I have read here in a while and that is saying alot.

This statement says a great deal about YOU, not Obama or McCain supporters. Both were supported by both intelligent and tolerant folks as well as the ignorant who lacked the ability to evaluate the candidates rationally but rather could only manage the "us and them" mentality.

Read your statement again. You have more in common whith those who verbally attacked this girl than the girl herself.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by maybereal11]




posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast
Whites are often blamed for everything in this country. Accept for a few inconvenient truths that often go overlooked by the African American community. Why is it that a minority like Asians can come into America and do better than white Americans? Are you people aware that Asians are Americas highest wage earners?. What I am trying to get at, is if white Americans are the reason that African Americans still earn less than whites in 2008 (going on 2009), is it not then fair to point out that Whites created a system where immigrants from poor countries like India, China, and VietNam can come to America and do so well that they surpass their White hosts, economically? Fair is fair. If Black poverty is due to Whites, then Asian success is also due to Whites. If this is not acceptable, than the only other clear explanation is that each group's outcome is primarily due to their own actions/inactions, rather than the invisible hand of the white majority.
[edit on 17-11-2008 by West Coast]


Lord where to start...

First off the idea of immigrants vs Americans is a oxymoronic. White hosts? How about Native American hosts? How are Native Americans doing in comparison to other minority groups?

As far as Whites vs all other minorities...Even minorities have prejudice toward eachother..Asians vs African Americans were highlighted in the LA Riots. So it is not just "Whites" vs Minorities.

AND you seem to completely miss the distinction that African Americans are the only minority that was literally enslaved by Americans and bought, sold and in every way imaginable debased and this created a very distinct cultural pshychology that has diminished greatly over the past century, but still exists in the form of racism..kkk, skin heads..extreme views.

This is not so for other immigrants though they suffered as well...Germans in the 1800's were despised in America, Irish and Italians at the turn of the century, Asians for a very long time...etc. etc.

It's not so much about what has happened, but what has to be done moving forward. We are all immigrants...check your genealogy. African Americans had it the worst seeing as they were literally enslaved by Americans. Really lets just move on...Face the past, learn the lessons and move forward, not backwards.



posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
POLITICAL VIOLENCE......

HAS LITTLE TO DO WITH RACE WHEN PEOPLE ARE ANGRY ABOUT WHO YOU ARE VOTING FOR......

POLITICAL VIOLENCE HAS BEEN AROUND FOR MANY MANY YEARS AND THERE ARE NUMEROUS EXAMPLES THROUGHOUT HISTORY!

SO DON'T GO AND SAY IT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE BLACK THAT THEY ARE ATTACKING THIS GIRL!

people take an isolated incident involving people of a certain race and then peddle it around to try and get narrow minded sheep to believe it as a fact that all people of that race are like this. the scary thing is that people believe this junk.



posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
In looking at this example. one of the major differences between the Japanese Americans and the Native Americans are that the Native Americans as similarly with Blacks have historically been segregated from mainstream American society, schools and jobs.


Those are the only “major differences”? In fact Japanese have an average iq of approximately 106, Euro Americans 100, Native Americans 87, and African Americans 85.

But lets forget about that, those differences don’t matter. It must be about racism. That is the only possible explanation (if we keep saying it then everyone will keep believing it).



posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610
 


SO where did you get those IQ scores from?

What was the year that those IQ averages were taken from? Do you have a link?


here is an article you should look at Sonya610:

www.nytimes.com...



posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610
 


IQ scores are relative to cultures doing the test.

Trying taking some tests from the Eskimo, Native American, or the African and you might find that your own score might pale in comparison to their own.

Some of the highest IQs in the world have made some of the most horrific weapons, and continue to do so. We praise the defense industry in the name of innovation and profit, while many die at the sale of their wares.

Peace

[edit on 18-11-2008 by HIFIGUY]



posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by nh_ee
In looking at this example. one of the major differences between the Japanese Americans and the Native Americans are that the Native Americans as similarly with Blacks have historically been segregated from mainstream American society, schools and jobs.


Those are the only “major differences”? In fact Japanese have an average iq of approximately 106, Euro Americans 100, Native Americans 87, and African Americans 85.

But lets forget about that, those differences don’t matter. It must be about racism. That is the only possible explanation (if we keep saying it then everyone will keep believing it).


Yes ma'am all us black people are stupid. Your a racist point blank. You completely generalize my whole race based on one dynamic.



posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gianluigi
What was the year that those IQ averages were taken from? Do you have a link?


Let me ask you this, if I take the time to find the sources again, will YOU take the time to post the IQ average scores YOU find to refute my numbers should you disagree?

Seriously, I will provide links, but only if you provide COUNTER links that also show actual IQ scores if you do disagree with my sources.

Deal?

BTW...that New York Times article is amusing. It does not say there is NO difference, it carefully avoids posting ANY iq studies. It simply says "well there could be various reasons for differences and this and that..." while not actually saying anything of substance. LOL



posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
IQ scores are relative to cultures doing the test.

Trying taking some tests from the Eskimo, Native American, or the African and you might find that your own score might pale in comparison to their own.


Better yet try FINDING tests like that that prove the results you claim they will prove. There are not any. East Asians from non-western countries always score higher than "westerners". Explain that huh? Cultural bias that favors a foreign culture?



posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610
 


The article mentions more than one study with the name of the professor and the university that they carried it out at i believe. Did you read what was on the second page?

You say people ignore the IQ scores, but you are ignoring the socioeconomic factors completely!

The civil rights act was passed only 45 years ago. Do you really think that 45 years for African Americans rights being recognized is enough time to bridge the inequality gap and the far reaching effects that all those many years of the African American race being held back in terms of education?

Come on, there are many factors that can be left out, so that an experiment can be twisted to make people of a certain ethnic group seem stupid.

If a people are repressed and denied rights kept as slaves for hundreds of years, and then suddenly given their freedom. Do you really think that automatically they will have high IQ's, good jobs, fair access to education?

Racism, cultural & socioeconomic factors play a huge part in those IQ scores turning out differently.

However I will admit that this stupid rap music and rap music videos do have a profound effect on the African American youth and in a negative way. It teaches them poor values about women, about money, drugs, guns and so on. I would ban all the ones that contain those those stupid values. these music videos basically brainwash these kids, into thinking what they are seeing is cool and they then imitate. It's sad really.

And yes I would love to see your sources, who carried out the experiment, at which university was the experiment carried out at, what the sample size was, where the sample was taken (which states/counties/country), what level of education people had that made up the sample.



[edit on 18-11-2008 by Gianluigi]



posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
This whole topic has revealed the underlying problem of how the Whites in general feel Obama will treat them. This is fact as you only have to read all the gun buy ups in the last 2 weeks by Whites due to many potential changes in the pipeline.


the buying up of guns IMO is related to Obamas already stated goals to become a lot tougher on Americans ability to possess firearms. The reason its mostly whites doing this is because not many Blacks are hunters or are members of the NRA. I don't know the numbers but id say more whites own registered guns than Blacks do. Not sure though

I have always believed that to have an NWO they must first take away our right to bare arms in America! Foreshadowing possibly by our fore fathers?



posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyElohim
I'm not sure where you're going with Cosby and Freeman there. In any case, I don't see how this type of thing is clearly illustrated by these examples. Could you please elucidate this point?



My point is, that those African Americans in influentual positions continue to bring race into every discussion and interview. Bill Cosby and Morgan Freeman are on record many times in interviews relaying this very topic. they continue to insight and jack up the black community with their remarks. Maybe its the main stream media who is keeping this topic fresh in our lives but I feel being a good example is a personal choice.

We never hear them saying, Hey its getting better in America, or yes we are seeing a change in America.

It seems nothing or any change is good enough. Will they ever give credit where credit is due?



posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gianluigi
Racism, cultural & socioeconomic factors play a huge part in those IQ scores turning out differently.


Better stick with the racism theory and give up on cultural/socioeconomic factors. Studies of trans-racial adoptions have consistently shown that it only effects the iq of small children, and if the adoptees are tested as young adults the differences disappear almost entirely (i.e. the socio-economic benefits disappear.)

Transracial adoption article:
www.innovations-report.de...

And that further compounds the question of racism, since we all know America is sooooo very very racist, yet the iq scores of those people subjected to the most horrendous forms of racism in the U.S. are still 15 points higher than the people in their native lands where in many areas racism is nearly non-existent (because there are virtually no other races!)

Though I will state that some nutritional factors do have an effect in the native lands, but some of that comes down to “chicken or the egg” philosophy. The general poverty combined with the cultural habit of giving the adult males the best quality food (i.e. protein), and the children eating last is not going to help the developing brains of their offspring any.

One thing that strikes me as very funny is that you keep saying that New York Times article is so important, then you ask ME for studies that show sources and most importantly sample sizes yet your ONE posted source, that article, does not mention ANY SAMPLE SIZE. It also quotes several odd sources such as "But when a group of investigators". A group of investigators? What? It also carefully avoids stating any hard statistics. Are you held to a different standard?

You asked for sampling size. that is hard to find but this article does include that:


Lynn first looked at Sub-Saharan African IQ in his 1978 chapter - it listed 7 studies from 4 different countries including 1 Diaspora territory: Jamaica. By 1991 the number of African countries covered was 6 with 11 studies. In comparison RDiI now lists data for 23 majority black countries in and outside of Africa, as well as data for Diaspora blacks in 5 mostly nonblack nations, for a total of 155 different studies and a combined sample of 387,286 people.
www.gnxp.com...


And more…
www.gnxp.com...
theoccidentalquarterly.com...

However I believe you probably researched this a bit yourself after I said “if you ask for sources plan to post your own if you disagree”. If you did a bit of research you know these basic iq scores are consistent across the board (for any large sampling).

[edit on 19-11-2008 by Sonya610]



posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Just because the attackers were black and the attacked was white, doesn't mean it was racially motivated. It was obviously motivated by the fact that she was a republican. So it seems this incident was politically motivated, and is some form of politicism.



posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
reply to post by Sonya610
 


IQ scores are relative to cultures doing the test.

Trying taking some tests from the Eskimo, Native American, or the African and you might find that your own score might pale in comparison to their own.

Some of the highest IQs in the world have made some of the most horrific weapons, and continue to do so. We praise the defense industry in the name of innovation and profit, while many die at the sale of their wares.

Peace

[edit on 18-11-2008 by HIFIGUY]



Yeah? And?

Not sure where you are going with this, somehow equating morality to a lack of intelligence?



posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunkaYeah? And?

Not sure where you are going with this, somehow equating morality to a lack of intelligence?


Generally speaking countries with highest overall iq's have the lowest amounts of violent crime, domestic violence, child abuse, etc... Countries with the lowest average iq's are the opposite. And there is no doubt many of the low iq countries would love to build bombs and have a fleet of jet fighters if they could! It has nothing to do with morality.



posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by HunkaHunkaYeah? And?

Not sure where you are going with this, somehow equating morality to a lack of intelligence?


Generally speaking countries with highest overall iq's have the lowest amounts of violent crime, domestic violence, child abuse, etc... Countries with the lowest average iq's are the opposite. And there is no doubt many of the low iq countries would love to build bombs and have a fleet of jet fighters if they could! It has nothing to do with morality.


This IQ stuff is way off topic sonya!

However...

Can you use some sources who don't do lectures and get funding from racist groups?

Wiki J. Phillippe rushton and Richard Lynn!

Those are your sources!

Bring some real peer review accepted facts and your argument would be ironclad!

As of now, you come off as the same ol' racist little girl you've always been!

Peace!



posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If this video hasn't been posted to this thread, well here it is.

This is the best response I that I can think of to that video.



posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Better stick with the racism theory and give up on cultural/socioeconomic factors. Studies of trans-racial adoptions have consistently shown that it only effects the iq of small children, and if the adoptees are tested as young adults the differences disappear almost entirely (i.e. the socio-economic benefits disappear.)

Transracial adoption article:
www.innovations-report.de...

And that further compounds the question of racism, since we all know America is sooooo very very racist, yet the iq scores of those people subjected to the most horrendous forms of racism in the U.S. are still 15 points higher than the people in their native lands where in many areas racism is nearly non-existent (because there are virtually no other races!)

Though I will state that some nutritional factors do have an effect in the native lands, but some of that comes down to “chicken or the egg” philosophy. The general poverty combined with the cultural habit of giving the adult males the best quality food (i.e. protein), and the children eating last is not going to help the developing brains of their offspring any.

One thing that strikes me as very funny is that you keep saying that New York Times article is so important, then you ask ME for studies that show sources and most importantly sample sizes yet your ONE posted source, that article, does not mention ANY SAMPLE SIZE. It also quotes several odd sources such as "But when a group of investigators". A group of investigators? What? It also carefully avoids stating any hard statistics. Are you held to a different standard?

You asked for sampling size. that is hard to find but this article does include that:


Lynn first looked at Sub-Saharan African IQ in his 1978 chapter - it listed 7 studies from 4 different countries including 1 Diaspora territory: Jamaica. By 1991 the number of African countries covered was 6 with 11 studies. In comparison RDiI now lists data for 23 majority black countries in and outside of Africa, as well as data for Diaspora blacks in 5 mostly nonblack nations, for a total of 155 different studies and a combined sample of 387,286 people.
www.gnxp.com...


And more…
www.gnxp.com...
theoccidentalquarterly.com...

[edit on 19-11-2008 by Sonya610]


I do not keep saying the NY Times article is so "important", i have mentioned it twice because the sources used are reliable, with studies that can be looked up in libraries or periodicals. I don't think they would publish articles and claims without properly vetted and verifiable sources that can be accessed by anyone when science is concerned.

I asked you to provide info on the sample size, where the study took place, etc because that type of information is extremely important in all Psychology experiments. You are giving me numbers and I would like to know exactly where those numbers are coming from and all the other variables involved in the study. You could have given me a link to the PDF of the actual study and you wouldn't have to give me them those details yourself if it pains you so much.

The fact is the study that you mention of, the Minnesota Trans-racial study is done in 1 state, with 256 childern, in 1976-85 which can hardly be representative of all black adopted children in the US. Therefore generalizations to those of specific racial groups can't be made. You say "trans-racial adoption studieS (plural) have consistently shown", when only ONE example is given in the link you provided.

what you have produce as information of sample size, shows that the sample was taken from 155 DIFFERENT STUDIES. We don't know what the criteria for those studies were or the variables! Which countries, where, level of education of sample, when all those 155 studies were done.



posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Those are the only “major differences”? In fact Japanese have an average iq of approximately 106, Euro Americans 100, Native Americans 87, and African Americans 85.

But lets forget about that, those differences don’t matter. It must be about racism. That is the only possible explanation (if we keep saying it then everyone will keep believing it).


Right on Sonya!...and also Men have Higher IQs than Women!! As evidenced by this research..SO whites are smarter than blacks and your Gender is dumber than mine! LOL

althouse.blogspot.com...
In a paper to be published in a leading research journal, one of Britain’s most outspoken academics will argue that men have larger brains and higher IQs than women, to such an extent that they are better suited to “tasks of high complexity”.

en.wikipedia.org...
studies found that men outperform women on average by 3-4 IQ points

Sonya ...in reality IQ tests are faulted in MANY ways and yes there is cultural bias, socio-economic factors and in the end IQ tests were created for the most part by well off white men.

It is not so much that IQ tests measure outright intelligence, but rather they measure certain QUALITIES of intelligence...Language, Spatial Perception etc..

What qualities do IQ tests measure?

NEWSWEEK: Many studies show that men score slightly higher in IQ tests. Is this significant?
Adrian Furnham: Universally, men tend to score higher on certain specialized skills, such as spatial awareness. In the real world, that means they might be better at reading maps or navigating. Women score higher in terms of language development and emotional intelligence. But most experts agree there is no real, important overall difference when it comes to gender and intelligence.

How do they ask the questions? AND what are they actually testing?
freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com...

Are IQ tests biased? It depends. The answer is likely "No" if you limit interpretations to IQ scores and what they are shown to be, but "Yes" if you extend interpretations to (actual) "intelligence,"
www.psychpage.com...

Black Intelligence Test of Cultural Homogeneity
en.wikipedia.org...

I know accurately evaluating the efficacy of IQ tests and their ability to measure real intelligence requires a nimble intellect and that the evidence suggests that you as a woman might not be capable of doing so, but please try. (how does that feel Sonya?)

However you look at the issue, one thing is evident from your posts (and no it is not since you are a woman that you are likely less intelligent than me)..what is evident from your posts is that you view the IQ question from a racist lens, looking for data tha fits well with your world view.

Here's hoping you do a little more research on the issue and some day doors will open inside of you allowing you a more nuanced and accurate view of the world and the people we share it with.


[edit on 19-11-2008 by maybereal11]





top topics
 
14
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

log in

join