It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama supporters racially attack white woman who doesnt support Obama.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I wouldn't vote for Obama if I had a gun to my head. You can't tell me that He is going to fix all of our problems with bigger government when government is the problem. Lets see You want health insurance right? Well the government #ed that up closing down alot of medical schools in the 80's due to managed care now the doctor to patient ratio is 900 - 1 ... Do a search for USA today doctor shortage. The government did this why because its insurance buddies wanted it. The banking crisis which will leave 25% of americans unemployed was caused by removing safe guards set in place since the last depression. We wouldn't be in this mess if it wasn't for the corrupt congress and the unconstitutional FED. Kind of funny how the founding fathers seen this coming and if people would look at their writings it would become obvious. The war was caused why to make money and money they did make. The government has robbed from peter to pay paul for so long now but oh no the only people that bitch are the tax payers. Well how bout we make everyone loose 1/3 of their income to taxes so We can really see fairness...

I can't wait for the crap to hit the fan so the ignorant people out there will be forced to wake up. No more welfare checks or social security in the future folks get a job and get used to it. Oh no one told you the demoncraps were thinking about seizing everyones 401k and ira to make a mandated retirement account costing everyone another 5% of their earnings.. Oh lets talk about mandatory service to the country oh boy thats gonna be fun there because I'm sure going to love getting drafted at 35 with a house and a family so some sick puppy can play emperer of the world and exploit all the poor people in africa .... So sit back and enjoy the show because its going to be one fun ride. Oh btw change will only come when people like me grab our guns and demand change.

So call me a racist or what ever because I have done a lot of research into all of this crap and as far as I am concerned Obama is a new face on the old game of Tyranny.

I am not a Mc'Cain supporter either I am registered as third party and it will stay that way.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brownsy67
and I honestly thought that the world was getting over this Black/White hump, but with the recent elections it is clear that we are not.

I would say that it is ever more clear that one side has not. 43% of whites voted Obama, how many blacks voted for McCain? Not even 5%... Obama received 95% of the African American vote... And that was a very significant difference in the '08 election. The margin of victory for Obama was partially due to the racist attitude of African Americans.

The African American people of America need to stop feeding this Racism Machine and just be happy that there has finally been a change. I have spoken to many "white" americans on the topic of the new president, and they have all been really happy for a change, republican or democrat.

As a person with many friends of cultural differences, I can say, African Americans, while there are some who are quite good, are not well liked by the international community.

I have friends who are from Chile, Brazil, Afirca, Germany, Sweden, asia etc. All have the same opinion in regards to African Americans, they do not like them. This of course is not racially motivated, rather they see how African Americans act.

Whites are often blamed for everything in this country. Accept for a few inconvenient truths that often go overlooked by the African American community. Why is it that a minority like Asians can come into America and do better than white Americans? Are you people aware that Asians are Americas highest wage earners?. What I am trying to get at, is if white Americans are the reason that African Americans still earn less than whites in 2008 (going on 2009), is it not then fair to point out that Whites created a system where immigrants from poor countries like India, China, and VietNam can come to America and do so well that they surpass their White hosts, economically? Fair is fair. If Black poverty is due to Whites, then Asian success is also due to Whites. If this is not acceptable, than the only other clear explanation is that each group's outcome is primarily due to their own actions/inactions, rather than the invisible hand of the white majority.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by West Coast]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyElohim
When it comes to asking for more than anybody else has got, I think we agree. If and when inequality is a factor - and it sometimes is - I think they've every right to demand more.

I disagree with you here, Affirmative Action, Welfare programs first in line consideration for college scholarship programs, low cost housing, the list goes on with the amount of help and free rides this country has given mostly African Americans through my years. I was even passed up for a Secret Service position straight out of the military because of affirmative action. And was told that believe it or not. So yes, it has affected me in the past, was I bitter then yes, but got over it because I worked my Azz off to get where I currently am. I just feel if equality is what they strive for then it should be across the board. And it isn’t currently for the most part.

I think you'll find few African Americans who disagree with you on that point but many who are offended by the implication that they need to be lectured on the matter. I mean, who's said anything about a free ride or a silver spoon?

We hear it all the time in any number of job markets. It is spoken all the time, not enough Black CEOs, Not enough Black Sports Owners, Not enough Black this and not enough Black that. They should work their azz off to get those positions but it seems they want it handed to them. And don’t take me wrong it isn’t all of them but there is a huge majority that does feel they should be handed a living. Today’s African Americans have even called for Reparations. What a joke none of them deserve that not one.

This is an interesting bit. I mean, if you were done wrong, would you be grateful when things started to sort out, or would you think "it's about time"? And who said anything about African Americans taking liberties from anyone? Where does that idea come from?

The idea comes from this instance we are discussing. This type of thing is happening all over the country. Maybe it’s the bad element of the race because every race has those who are just that way. I really feel it’s the Black leaders like Farrakhan and Wright, and rappers like Kanye West, actors like Cosby and Freeman who continue to bring Racism into their pitches.

I think that might be true, though there's the issue of Anglos having maintained more agency during the period of imbalance. To put it plainly, white Americans have little to complain about in terms of have being done wrong here in the United States historically. Non-white Americans and particularly African Americans have a laundry list of legitimate complaints. Now it's not that none of those things have been redressed, but it is perhaps true that there is more redressing to do. If nothing else, we could start by giving the new POTUS a fair shake at the job before we try to show that he's illegitimate or secretly plotting to strip white Americans of their privilege.

Its no issue Whites like myself have prospered, We prosper because we are willing to work as hard as it takes to get what we want. I feel there isn’t the same ethic in the African American community in general. I do have many Black friends who are not in that group, they work just as hard as I do and they deserve everything they work hard for. I might add they are not looking for handouts and don’t hold to that type of mentality. And to add they have been called tokens all their life by their fellow race. That just isn’t right is it?

And as far as Obama is, concerned Ill give him his deserved chance, just as soon as he turns over his birth certificate. And answers some tough questions as every president has done before him.

Great discussion thank you and take care

[edit on 17-11-2008 by geemony]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question
Who else did you think would call her a TRAITOR after having expressed being a conservative supporter? Green party members? My god I swear some of you people are really thick as bricks, it amazes me how people like you actually manage to wake up every morning.

Your asking me? Your the Question, literally.

The victim first tells of a writing assignment in which students are asked to write of the merits of Obama. She then announces her non support of Obama which creates a racially charged environment.

The assignment was to write about Obamas merits. Not what your opinion of Obama was.

Her vocalizing in class and what she said exactly was not stated, and it may have been rude creating a situation of discord in which the students became outraged.

The news team then goes to the teachers house who is not home. There is an Obama / Biden sign on the door and they make a biased statement which indicates spin of their own.

Channel 7 news team quote
"No answer, but a bold sign of her politics"

A bold statement by the news team, or a simple recognition of an Obama/Biden sign. How is a sign in someones yard or porch a BOLD sign of politics? Bold is the shooting of a bear and putting signs on the dead animal. Bold is burning crosses and hanging nooses from trees.

How do I get up? Fighting ignorance and hate in the form of racism, discord and lies every day where I see it as best I can. The Truth is the Truth.

If she said something that created racial tension, then perhaps she should have been quiet. But reality shows she wants to take it to the press and slamming the school and her peers, rather then understanding why it is that they reacted they way they did.

The Truth and right is what will prevail. The students were wrong, and she may have said something equally as bad. Either way, it was a writing assignment about the " merits " and not whether you supported him or not. Surely McCain has merits, and whether you supported him or not, a simple writing assignment was not license for a political statement.

Peace

[edit on 17-11-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
That's a Republican thing, not a Democrat thing. Republicans started it; Republicans brought it up, because they fear him as one should fear the "Messiah."

1 - if you had read the thread you'd know it is NOT the republicans who consider him a messiah - but it is indeed many democrats and people around the world.

2 - No one fears him because of his fake rhetoric of 'change' or 'hope' or 'unity'. No one fears him because he's black either. We fear his promise to disarm America, his punish the productive but reward the lazy marxist intentions, his plan to cut funding to NASA 'for just five years' (idiotic!), his stand on gun laws, 'redistribute the wealth' bunk, etc etc

If you had read my comment you'd know that I said it was the Republicans who falsely accuse Democrats of thinking that Obama is the Messiah. I know of no Democrat who believes that. I know of no die-hard Obama supporter (and I know quite a few, believe me) who has ever mentioned the words "Obama" and "Messiah" in the same sentence. The Republicans/anti-Obama crowd are the only ones mentioning it. I can't speak on people from other countries, but I've never heard a Democrat say it. Yet, I hear the Republicans/anti-Obama crowd mention it daily. Why is that?

Are there some who feel that way? Of course. Do they represent all Democrats/Obama supporters? Absolutely not. You and people like you make it sound like that because we voted and support Obama and because we like him he can do no wrong in our eyes. That is ludicrous! He is not infallible. I hold all presidents to the same standard, regardless of party or who I voted for. I may be a Democrat, but I'm an American first. If I feel that Obama is doing a bad job and/or putting other interests ahead of the interests of the American people, I will vote his a$$ out.

Lastly, anybody who actually believes that Obama is going to take their guns away and "redistribute the wealth," knows nothing about American politics. Those were campaign issues, not administration issues. Obama is a politician. He was running for President of the United States of America. Sometimes you have to speak and reach out to your audience in order to win their vote. That's all it was - nothing more, nothing less. You don't win elections by repealing an amendment put into the Bill of Rights by the forefathers themselves. Obama isn't stupid. He knows this. However, talking about it on the campaign trail reaches the large segment of the population which believe it should be repealed. As a result, if they like what you say, you've quite likely won their vote.

Likewise, talking about "redistributing the wealth" reaches a segment of the population (the lower/low middle-class) which has increasingly voted Republican. Have you any idea of how effective this is with the economy being in the state it is now? And once in office, you'll never hear about it again. But it got him some votes didn't it?

There is nothing Marxist about it. It's simply good, smart politics.

[edit on 11/17/2008 by DarthChrisious]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Ignorance, flat out ignorance by morons that think because he's half black he's going to give them "special attention".If your smart enough you'll know that hes just like any other crooked politician.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by geemony
I disagree with you here, Affirmative Action, Welfare programs first in line consideration for college scholarship programs, low cost housing, the list goes on with the amount of help and free rides this country has given mostly African Americans through my years. I was even passed up for a Secret Service position straight out of the military because of affirmative action. And was told that believe it or not. So yes, it has affected me in the past, was I bitter then yes, but got over it because I worked my Azz off to get where I currently am. I just feel if equality is what they strive for then it should be across the board. And it isn’t currently for the most part.

There is always a tension here. Most learned sociologists will explain to you in clear and certain terms that inequality is a real force that exists in the racial dialectic today. That doesn't mean the tools that we use to address it are necessarily the right ones, but I think a cogent argument can be made that they are better than nothing, and that indeed something is needed. Considering that you may have been a victim of imperfections in the system, I still think more needs to be provided to show that it does more harm than good.

We hear it all the time in any number of job markets. It is spoken all the time, not enough Black CEOs, Not enough Black Sports Owners, Not enough Black this and not enough Black that. They should work their azz off to get those positions but it seems they want it handed to them. And don’t take me wrong it isn’t all of them but there is a huge majority that does feel they should be handed a living. Today’s African Americans have even called for Reparations. What a joke none of them deserve that not one.

Here you're equating the claims that inequality across prestigious professions is indicative that inequality still exists with the idea that some people are insisting on a silver spoon. That's not well supported. Further, your statement that no African Americans deserve recompense for damages done to their ancestors is one I find debatable. I would argue that it's an admirable goal for us as a society to repair damages done by our history. It's not that they as individuals deserve direct recompense for damages done to them personally, but it is certainly true that their lot in life has been influenced greatly by the sometimes not terribly honorable history of our country.

The idea comes from this instance we are discussing. This type of thing is happening all over the country. Maybe it’s the bad element of the race because every race has those who are just that way. I really feel it’s the Black leaders like Farrakhan and Wright, and rappers like Kanye West, actors like Cosby and Freeman who continue to bring Racism into their pitches.

I'm not sure where you're going with Cosby and Freeman there. In any case, I don't see how this type of thing is clearly illustrated by these examples. Could you please elucidate this point?

Its no issue Whites like myself have prospered, We prosper because we are willing to work as hard as it takes to get what we want. I feel there isn’t the same ethic in the African American community in general. I do have many Black friends who are not in that group, they work just as hard as I do and they deserve everything they work hard for. I might add they are not looking for handouts and don’t hold to that type of mentality. And to add they have been called tokens all their life by their fellow race. That just isn’t right is it?

Running out of characters. Suffice to say, I think there is more to white prosperity than this concept that whites are virtuous.

Great discussion thank you and take care

Likewise and you as well.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
This whole topic has revealed the underlying problem of how the Whites in general feel Obama will treat them. This is fact as you only have to read all the gun buy ups in the last 2 weeks by Whites due to many potential changes in the pipeline.

Don't try and make this a "White Nazi Racist" topic as it has little to do with the shaven head swastika tattoo bearing crowd and everything to do with Joe Blow off the street and Middle America.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

Actually there is one registered democrat who called Obama the Messiah. But he is one person, and doesn't hold office. When I asked for ANY Elected Democrats calling him the Messiah I get "Well, he stands like a Messiah" which just makes my jaw drop. How do you stand like a Messiah? And still can't provide ANY elected Democrat calling him the Messiah.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast
Why is it that a minority like Asians can come into America and do better than white Americans? Are you people aware that Asians are Americas highest wage earners?. What I am trying to get at, is if white Americans are the reason that African Americans still earn less than whites in 2008 (going on 2009), is it not then fair to point out that Whites created a system where immigrants from poor countries like India, China, and VietNam can come to America and do so well that they surpass their White hosts, economically? Fair is fair. If Black poverty is due to Whites, then Asian success is also due to Whites. If this is not acceptable, than the only other clear explanation is that each group's outcome is primarily due to their own actions/inactions, rather than the invisible hand of the white majority.

Very true. Look at the Japanese, and they certainly did face persecution based on their nationality on the west coast during WWII, they were put into internment camps and lost ALL their businesses. Yet they recovered and thrived and are now once again at the top.

Thankfully they do not whine about it or have activist groups that rub everyones face it in it constantly (the only time we hear about it is when liberal white television producers make documentaries). We have no reason to feel resentful towards Japanese Americans because they do not foster overt feelings of resentment towards Euro-Americans. Of course the vast majority are also honest, law abiding, non-violent citizens.

But I do not believe it is just about work ethic. That has a lot to do with it, but there are other factors in play. The Japanese on average have higher IQ's than Euro-Americans (consistently higher even though they take the same biased western iq tests that supposedly favor white people). That is a major factor and it DOES lead to success (same thing with Ashkenazi Jews, they have certainly faced ethnic bias despite the fact they are Caucasian, but they also have higher than average IQ's so it never stopped them from being successful in business and the work force in general).

Those factors are HUGE. They allow some groups to succeed in business and thrive economically despite ethnic tensions.

The inverse (lower iq) is also a very real and constant factor. People can and will say it is all about racism, but in fact when it comes to economic success it is about brains not bias.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
So many kids and instructors have no sense of discipline these days. Of course, I don't always blame the instructor, because if they lay one finger on a student or even say something 'hurtful' these days, they could easily lose their job. I remember some of my teachers would smack us up if we had done the things kids get away with today.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I just want to say that it appears to me that since the election that the black folks that I encounter are acting differently.
I am not sure how to explain it. They are less friendly and sort of have a in your face attitude. Won't look me in the eye. Sort of a snooty dismissal. I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal

Actually there is one registered democrat who called Obama the Messiah. But he is one person, and doesn't hold office. When I asked for ANY Elected Democrats calling him the Messiah I get "Well, he stands like a Messiah" which just makes my jaw drop. How do you stand like a Messiah? And still can't provide ANY elected Democrat calling him the Messiah.

If you are refering to Louis Farrakhan then you should know that...

A) He is NOT a registered democrat!

B) He NEVER called obama the messiah! (See the bottom of page 9)

Peace!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
There is one public person that said he is. Farrakhan see my post on page 8.

If you had read my comment you'd know that I said it was the Republicans who falsely accuse Democrats of thinking that Obama is the Messiah. I know of no Democrat who believes that. I know of no die-hard Obama supporter (and I know quite a few, believe me) who has ever mentioned the words "Obama" and "Messiah" in the same sentence. The Republicans/anti-Obama crowd are the only ones mentioning it. I can't speak on people from other countries, but I've never heard a Democrat say it. Yet, I hear the Republicans/anti-Obama crowd mention it daily. Why is that?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SailorinAZ

Well I live in a white majority community, but the one black guy I always see at my local grocery had a huge smile on his face and was unusually friendly the day after Obama won. If it makes people happy, so be it, but I have no idea how it is in more diverse areas of the country.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by laiguana]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Not that I am agreeing with the teachers actions at all because I am not, but it seems that everyone is up in arms at the black on white racism. Just a few years ago it seems like white people were telling black people to get over it. It would be allot easier to get over it when you aren't being called ni$$er while trying to learn. Once again I am not defending the actions, but would any of you be up in arms like this about the racial slurs I endured. Wasn't too many people catching my back. I guess that being black in America you get a little desensitized. With that said, its hard for me to feel real sympathetic when I was treated the same way with 0 sympathy. Teachers said nothing, teachers did nothing. I am only 30 this was the late 80's early 90's. Not that I am living in the past either, as I feel as black people we have allot of our own problems to fix. I guess what we really want is for white people to admit that what they did was wrong instead of always blaming some other $hit. It was wrong what you did to us. It was wrong what happened to the native Americans. People don't easily forget oppression. It is quite simple for the oppressor to let go, but not so simple for the oppressed, the disenfranchised, the abandoned. After all that said America is the greatest place on earth, I would not live anywhere else. I think that all people are equal, I just wished that all people realize this some day.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SailorinAZ
I just want to say that it appears to me that since the election that the black folks that I encounter are acting differently.
I am not sure how to explain it. They are less friendly and sort of have a in your face attitude. Won't look me in the eye. Sort of a snooty dismissal. I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

Maybe its just you and your perception. Maybe things didn't go the way you wanted them to and now you are looking at the world differently. I can tell you as a black American I don't at all feel like in your face. I can go as far to say no one I know does. If anything we are shocked how far the country has come. We are actually hopeful when before we kind of felt hopeless. I thought there is no way a black president would get elected in my time. Seeing how women had the right to vote before black men I would have been ready to bet anything that there would be a woman president before a black man. The country is moving forward, and for those of you who are pessimistic this is progress. Its no longer a good ol boy show, its about the American people. It shows that America really represents all of the people and not those who happened to be born of a certain skin color.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
There is one public person that said he is. Farrakhan see my post on page 8.

If I'm correct 9 comes AFTER 8!!

Farrakhan never said that obama was the messiah!!

Go back to the bottom of page NINE and LEARN!!

Peace!!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by West Coast
Why is it that a minority like Asians can come into America and do better than white Americans? Are you people aware that Asians are Americas highest wage earners?. What I am trying to get at, is if white Americans are the reason that African Americans still earn less than whites in 2008 (going on 2009), is it not then fair to point out that Whites created a system where immigrants from poor countries like India, China, and VietNam can come to America and do so well that they surpass their White hosts, economically? Fair is fair. If Black poverty is due to Whites, then Asian success is also due to Whites. If this is not acceptable, than the only other clear explanation is that each group's outcome is primarily due to their own actions/inactions, rather than the invisible hand of the white majority.

Very true. Look at the Japanese, and they certainly did face persecution based on their nationality on the west coast during WWII, they were put into internment camps and lost ALL their businesses. Yet they recovered and thrived and are now once again at the top.

Thankfully they do not whine about it or have activist groups that rub everyones face it in it constantly (the only time we hear about it is when liberal white television producers make documentaries). We have no reason to feel resentful towards Japanese Americans because they do not foster overt feelings of resentment towards Euro-Americans. Of course the vast majority are also honest, law abiding, non-violent citizens.

But I do not believe it is just about work ethic. That has a lot to do with it, but there are other factors in play. The Japanese on average have higher IQ's than Euro-Americans (consistently higher even though they take the same biased western iq tests that supposedly favor white people). That is a major factor and it DOES lead to success (same thing with Ashkenazi Jews, they have certainly faced ethnic bias despite the fact they are Caucasian, but they also have higher than average IQ's so it never stopped them from being successful in business and the work force in general).

Those factors are HUGE. They allow some groups to succeed in business and thrive economically despite ethnic tensions.

The inverse (lower iq) is also a very real and constant factor. People can and will say it is all about racism, but in fact when it comes to economic success it is about brains not bias.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Sonya610]

Sonya, you really went there??

Really??

Ok...

Asian "success" in the U.S. relative to others is largely due to immigration policies that have favored immigrants with pre-existing skills and education. As the Glass Ceiling Commission discovered in 1995, between two-thirds and three-quarters of the highly-educated APA community in the U.S. already had college degrees or were in college upon their arrival.

Thanks to preferences for educated immigrants, Asian Americans are two-thirds more likely than whites and three times more likely than blacks to have a college degree. More than eight in ten Indian immigrants from 1966-1977 had advanced degrees and training in such areas as science, medicine or as engineers.

Pre-existing educational advantages are implicated in Asian success once here; but they hardly indicate genetic or cultural superiority. After all, to claim superior Asian genes or culture as the reasons for achievement in the U.S. requires one to ignore the rampant poverty and lack of success for persons from the same genetic or cultural backgrounds in their countries of origin. There is no shortage, after all, of desperately poor Asians in the slums of Manila, Calcutta and Hong Kong: testament to the absurdity of cultural superiority claims for Asians as a group.

Peace!!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
As always its seems once again we have more TV inspired spew to stir the pot.

Looking at the topic of this thread, I wish some of you would consider reading a book from the NY Times Bestsellers list ..."Two Nations" by Andrew Hacker .

I don't condone what happened to the student but it does give pause as to why all of this lashing out is occurring in the first place ?

Perhaps it has something to do with our History ?

The Japanese-Americans have generally been self employed (2nd Highest Percentage 11.1%)and also have generally been accepted by White communities and schools.

Native Americans are essentially Asians for that matter and their academic and economic status in US society differs significantly and is substantially less than those of the Japanese-Americans or other Asian ethnic groups.

In looking at this example. one of the major differences between the Japanese Americans and the Native Americans are that the Native Americans as similarly with Blacks have historically been segregated from mainstream American society, schools and jobs.

There are statistics proving the direct correlation between family income and SAT scores ( our nearest equivalent of an IQ test)

Less and/or inferior education directly correlates with lower economic status and with lower SAT scores.

Just look at the Canadians.
They historically have advocated and promoted integration and equality amongst their population and haven't near the same degree of racial dissension as we have here in the USA.

Peace ~!

[edit on 18-11-2008 by nh_ee]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join