It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama supporters racially attack white woman who doesnt support Obama.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This woman was simply trying to better herself and get an education, when her Obama supporting teacher and fellow students began racially attacking her for being a Republican. The teacher (also black) made no attempt to stop the attacks.

Its a good example at how racism is a human problem and not exclusive to one group.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I've been hearing about things like this in our schools here. NOT college level - but middle and high school level. Black students threatening white students - saying things about Obama being POTUS so white people will 'get theirs' etc etc.

Largely unreported in the MSM. Locally, it is being reported.

Also - word of mouth - other moms are hearing it from their kids as they come home from school. (public school)

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Here's the news story on this incident.

www.wjla.com...

Too bad this will be the norm in the upcoming future, and nothing will be done about it. But if someone even raises a question about Barry's policy objectives, like Sam Wurzelbacher, aka Joe the Plumber, did, then you are tagged a racist and the liberal dirt machine using taxpayer money digs into every nook and cranny of your life to try to dig up dirt on you. This is definitely going to be an interesting time until the hypocrisy of the Democratic party and their racist minions are dealt with, if ever.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
These nasty racists on both end should really stop this! I see no reason she should've been forced to say who she voted for, and extremely not be racially attacked by these uncivilized humans. This is a huge disgrace, this is really getting out of control.
Let the man govern without civil outbreaks and speculation, damn is that so freaking hard. I simply could not justify this, their supported presidential candidate won so I see little reason although there should'nt be any to even feel this way. This is unfortunate.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by -zeropoint-]

+22 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Its happened at my college (SUNY Suffolk formerly known as Suffolk County Community College). The day after the election, the 2 Black girls in my math class walked in 10 minutes late and started saying things like "You reap what you sow and its harvest time for you White motherf--kers".

I actually wanted to smack the one girl silly but then I realized it would be brought up on hate crimes charges and I would be forever branded a racist Neo Nazi.

If I have learned anything from the past 2 weeks its that Obama supporters are the most arrogant, ignorant, racist, blind sheep on the face of the Earth.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
That is horrible and that school should be ashamed ... and if the reporters were able to find someone to speak up in the students defense and appear on camera, it's quite obvious that the school didn't take it seriously enough to really investigate the situation.

My daughters are still getting teased about the fact that they were McCain supporters and they are young! My 9 year old gets it far worse than my 10 year old or my 7 year old twins but they all are still being given a hard time because they are cautious about an Obama Presidency.

At times I get frustrated that my daughters are so stubborn and strong, especially at such young ages, but then I'm reminded of what a blessing it is that they are secure and not afraid to stand up for themselves when they disagree with what the majority of their peers or adults believe in.

Did the student withdraw from the school or just from the class? I wasn't clear on that but even if it was just from the class, for her to feel as if that was the best option says a lot about the college environment and it doesn't say positive things!

Jemison

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Just wait. This is going to get worse before it gets better. The first black heritage president is going to bring about change, all right. Change in the form of an entire race of people thinking that they now have a right to commit the same attrocities against another race all in the name of "getting even". Wow. If this keeps up, they need to get rid of all of the Black Pride paraphenalia (sp), because I do not see pride in propogating hate.
I have been lucky so far and have not seen any of this at my work or school (community college). Or perhaps its because I am 37, 6'5", 245 lbs male who doesnt walk around with my head in the clouds or in the sand.

I would love to see the role the ACLU is going to play in this new environment of racially charge antics around the nation. Are they going to live up to their creed?

The mission of the ACLU is to preserve all of these protections and guarantees:

Your First Amendment rights - freedom of speech, association and assembly; freedom of the press, and freedom of religion.

Your right to equal protection under the law - equal treatment regardless of race, sex, religion or national origin.

Your right to due process - fair treatment by the government whenever the loss of your liberty or property is at stake.

Your right to privacy - freedom from unwarranted government intrusion into your personal and private affairs.

ACLU

I doubt it. I suppose we will see.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
being Canadian...this doesn't really effect me too much. But it does affect the racial relations between black and white, whether Canadian or American.

Now this bugs me because I have been raised that it is downright wrong to be hateful or mean to others for their opinions or beliefs.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
damn enter button...........

I am a 25 year old white male, and pretty well my whole life I have heard about the plight of the black man, how the black man is oppressed, how black people don't get treated fairly. I have also heard a lot of "lets stop Racism now"..... and I honestly thought that the world was getting over this Black/White hump, but with the recent elections it is clear that we are not.

The African American people of America need to stop feeding this Racism Machine and just be happy that there has finally been a change. I have spoken to many "white" americans on the topic of the new president, and they have all been really happy for a change, republican or democrat.

Until we stop fighting with each other we shall never be able to evolve.

It saddens me to hear about anybody being harassed while trying to get an education...Black, White, Yellow, Green, Purple...we are all the same and we need to grow up as a whole.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The school is saying she can't get any witnesses (big surprise there!).

Yet the school does NOT comment on the fact that the TEACHER asked for a paper on the MERITS of Obama? That alone is wrong! Did the teacher ask everyone to write about the merits of Bush 4 years ago?

Course Bush was not the Messiah, so at that time it would be unseemly to demand that everyone treat him as one and write papers glorifying his virtues. Honestly I could see this sort of thing happening in a theocracy (such as the Islamic Republic of Iran, asking students to write about the virtues of the Prophet Mohammed) but I thought the U.S. was a democracy?

Though in the long run I think they did this girl a favor, she is a lot wiser now. She could have received a much harsher lesson at that college.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Why is this so surprising? white people have being do this to all people of other races and colors for years. Now that it comes back around, it's wrong. I am not saying it is right, but c'mon people. Karma can be a real biotch! Rather than complain about it, fix it. You can't change the past, but you can change the future.
BTW, I am not saying all white or black people are racist. Just remember the act of 1 can affect many, positive or negative.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

The school is saying she can't get any witnesses (big surprise there!).

Yet, the reporter had no problem finding a black student who was shocked to see it. Not a very good "investigation" it would seem. That is pretty damning evidence against the school.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I don't think this discussion of politics should be happening in schools period. The only discussion should be civics lessons on how our gov't works, the constituion and the Bill of rights. I don't see how people being forced to write a paper on "The merits of Obama" is furthering an education in a high school/college environment.

College isn't cheap and if I'm paying a school a lot of money per year, I would hope I would get something out of it not praise for a certain person and if I disagreed with that I'd be put down and the school wouldn't take it seriously.

It's amazing that people want to believe that racism doesn't exist when it does in all levels of society. I'm not a big supporter of Affirmative Action cause all it does is highlight someone's ethnictiy and not so much on their quailifications. Is it a fair world? No. The sooner we stop looking at people's skin the better off we all will be.

I'm not a big supporter of Obama, not because he's African-American, but because I don't like his policies. In that vein, I hope he is successful as President and I'm wrong about him. I wouldn't mind a "Told ya so" in that case, in fact I welcome it. As far as African-Americans (as mentioned in previous posts in this thread) wanting to get even, they're just feeding the racsim machine. The sooner we all stop living in the past and work together for a better future things will truly change. As it stands, people would rather live in the past than plan a better future and that's on the local level as well as the gov't level.

These next few years are certainly going to be interesting.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Absolutely appalling on the part of the students and their teacher.

I'm happy for the change as well, happy at the prospect of a new administration, and a historic presidency.

Sad that some people cannot "rise above" their own levels of ignorance and prejudice and move forward as a human community.

However, I feel blaming Obama for the actions of uncouth and uncivilized people is just as wrong. I know plenty of African-Americans and Obama supporters who don't act on this level - the never have, and never will.

Speaking of which, where on earth did people get the impression he was some sort of messianic figure to ALL Democrats? That just seems a bit bigoted and silly as well.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah? And I was talking to a fifth grader who attends our Baha'i' children's classes that I cook for. She attends a private school here that is 90+% white and she says that she and the few other black kids have been harassed by the white kids with taunts about how Obama is going to get assissinated and all... stupidity has no racial or political preference.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Yeah?

Yeah.

stupidity has no racial or political preference.

No kidding. You are preaching to the choir grover.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
Speaking of which, where on earth did people get the impression he was some sort of messianic figure to ALL Democrats? That just seems a bit bigoted and silly as well.

Who said he was a Messiah to ALL democrats? Seems like putting words into other people's mouths is a bit bigoted too!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Who said he was a Messiah to ANY democrat? The Republicans! You can not find ANY Democrat saying he's the Messiah, only Republicans.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
Who said he was a Messiah to ANY democrat? The Republicans! You can not find ANY Democrat saying he's the Messiah, only Republicans.

When was the last time it was acceptable for college level teachers to DEMAND that students write papers on the MERITS of a new president???? Since when has it been expected that people show their adoration? Or face criticism if they do not share the same "beliefs"?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

One did

And a fairly high placed one

Pelosi: Obama Sent by God to Lead Us

He was warmly received by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who called him “a leader that God has blessed us with at this time.”

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join