It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'What are the real_unknown real pages-history of the bible - without going into newer versions of t

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
(This thread continues from: The Bible:Tampered With Or Not? - I got permission from that Author.)

G'day! I was wondering about the facts not c.r.a.p about the bible. I and many other people would be interested in knowing...
'What are the real_unknown real pages-history of the bible - without going into newer versions of the bible'. If people-christians can answer honestly and openly and thruthfuly. Thank You For Reading And Posting.

(SORRY. I noticed the problem of copy/paste. I wish there was a way to edit title thread.)

[edit on 16-11-2008 by gordonwest]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by gordonwest
G'day! I was wondering about the facts not c.r.a.p about the bible. I and many other people would be interested in knowing...
'What are the real_unknown real pages-history of the bible - without going into newer versions of the bible'. If people-christians can answer honestly and openly and thruthfuly. Thank You For Reading And Posting.

Hiya Gordon,

Well, what are you trying to say ?
Your post is not clear at all.

'What are the real_unknown real pages-history of the bible - without going into newer versions of the bible'.

What is "real_unknown" ?
What are the "real pages" ?

'without going into newer versions of the bible'.
Do you want to discuss the Greek NT ?

K.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
In putting together the Bible, the bishops had to consider which documents were being used by churches to teach Christianity and whether they should be used as a universal religous book or not. What's in the Bible is only a selection of books... it's kind of like making a Special Library (Bible) out of just 66 of the (5,000) books in my house.

The Torah ("Old Testament") was included because it was believed that Jesus read it. There are a few editing changes between the Torah and the Bible (google for the differences and you'll see them.) SOME of the letters of the disciples were included and some popular tales. At the time, there was a lot of material and a lot of forgeries around.

The Protestant Bible removes the Apocrypha (books that had been used in many churches but didn't quite make the cut to "official." They're "semi-official.") but they're found in the Catholic Bible. The Catholic Bible and Protestant Bible have slightly different versions of the 10 Commandments (the Catholic Bible reflects the way it was originally stated.)

Check around for "letters of the early Church Fathers" to get some sense of what was being read and taught. It took 100 years or so to compile the Bible, and there were lots and lots and lots of fights about things like whether Jesus was god or Jesus was the son of god or both and whether the trinity was a correct doctrine.

It's obscure and sometimes dull reading -- look for summaries and then go read the ones you find interesting. Look for original translations to check the validity of the summaries.

join