It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

unkown big cat? video nov in ky

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
Wig

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I concur with the deer analysis. People are being misled because there is no sense of scale in the pictures. If you assume the 'chewing' section shows all or most of the head then it is possible to mistake it for a cats head - you think that the shaded bits towards the edge of the video are the eyebrows/eye recess below. BUT when you realise that the 'chewing' section is only showing the very tip of the deers snout/nose then it becomes clear that it is a deer with a bit of dark shading on the snout just behind it's nose. The deer is quite close to the camera, hence when it turns to leave the ear comes into view.

I think the last bit is the deers ear.

Watch it in slow motion or keep pressing the pause button on youtube to acheive the same effect, you will realise it is a deer snout.

[edit on 17/11/2008 by Wig]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BluegrassRevolutionary
This is definitely a cat, not doubt about it. This could not be a dog. Dogs do not have a head or ears like in the video. The only dog that it even remotely resembles is a hyena. Beyond that, there is too little of the cat seen to judge its species. Given that it occurred in Kentucky, there is a good possibility that it its a bobcat. However, it is an odd looking bobcat. I hope there will be more pictures or video of this animal.
your idea of it being a bobcat a odd looking one is the most likely one imo ..i put 2 cameras back out last night when i check them i will post if its anything of notice.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
What a tricky bugger, be it dog, cat, deer or homeless guy (homeless guys LOVE hotdogs!)

To the OP, I'd say keep the camera there and maybe throw a steak or something similar to attract it, then we'll find out EXACTLY what it is.
i put the cameras back in the same location just a little farther back from the tree with the whole in it .i set out bait of deer corn,catnip,fish ,and raw meat so there should be some kind of food for any kind of animal ..i used a video camera to record the area and stood next to everything to try and judge the scale better....something lives inside that tree there is a nest built inside just very obvious looking inside soemthing lives in it .maybe just a very small animal and not what was on this video but hopefully we will find out maybe.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by massie20000

Thats not a cat - it looks more like a jackal. (its much more doglike)

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It's a deer.
It's a deer, plain and simple.
It's so freakishly obvious, it makes me seriously doubt anyone's sanity who would keep pushing the argument otherwise.

We don't need a full on body shot, we don't need another picture- This is, quite clearly (Which I can't stress enough) only, ONLY, a simple deer.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wig
I concur with the deer analysis. People are being misled because there is no sense of scale in the pictures. If you assume the 'chewing' section shows all or most of the head then it is possible to mistake it for a cats head - you think that the shaded bits towards the edge of the video are the eyebrows/eye recess below. BUT when you realise that the 'chewing' section is only showing the very tip of the deers snout/nose then it becomes clear that it is a deer with a bit of dark shading on the snout just behind it's nose. The deer is quite close to the camera, hence when it turns to leave the ear comes into view.

I think the last bit is the deers ear.

Watch it in slow motion or keep pressing the pause button on youtube to acheive the same effect, you will realise it is a deer snout.

[edit on 17/11/2008 by Wig]

Completely agreed, word for word. Its a deer, 110%.

The key part like you say is to realise the first thing you see is not a head, its the end of the deer's snout. Once you realise that, it becomes (even more) obvious. The ear is a giveaway even without that though.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The ear makes it a deer. The muzzle looks weird to me, like slightly larger that a deer and less tapered, but I'm pretty sure it's a deer.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BeingFollowed

Finally someone can point out how it could be a deer. Once I got past the people insulting each other over how they could possibly see anything other than a deer, I go to your post and finally see the deer.

That is the end of the muzzle. Amazing how the end of a deer's snout looks so much like a big cat.

OP, please post any additional pics that you come up with on that camera. I'd be curious to see what's living in that tree.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Forest

i agree with you. if you look closely it seems to look like the nose of a deer and the ear definitely looks a deers ear. cats ears are pointed not rounded.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Looked at this very closely and i agree, its a deer. The first comment on the youtube page describes this quite well.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
and to the op keep trying would love to see proof. i believe there are big wild cats out there in places they say they shouldn't be. my bro claims to have seen one in cenntral nj a few years ago on his way to work and i think i saw one last year hunting by my house(i live in eastern pa). and we have many reports of them being sighted in pa. now think about this- any animal that is primarily nocturnal is not seen often by humans unless dead on the road. how often do you see a raccoon, a fox an opossum bobcats etc? doesn't mean they aren't around or abound now does it? keep trying and hopefully you catch bigfoot wjhile you are at it(and that is NOT sarcasm i belive in bigfoot also) good luck

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

Yes there are big cats out there. My husband and I saw a large black cat cross the road at night. AND NO it was not a dog. It moved wrong, stopped and looked at us and then went up a tree. It was the size of a black lab but labs do not climb big oak trees.

It was also seen by two neighbors on other occasions. My neighbors also caught a very large bobcat, (they call the big ones river cats) on video. It was later shot attacking livestock and weighed in around 60 lbs.

We are about 100 miles from the Atlantic in the middle of the US (top to bottom)

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's a deer.

Obviously, read the YouTube comments. Even they have debunked this one.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
From what I could tell from what little is shown of the face/head of the animal, it looks a lot like either a cougar or mountain lion. We have a lot of those up here in British Columbia. As for what people are calling an ear, I would assume its just the tail of the cat you see as it turned to sprint away.

heres a website of a few different large cat species. you can see the facial similarities of the cat in the video
Large exotic cats

[edit on 26-11-2008 by QBSneak000]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
and here in pa we have what i believe is the 4th largest deer herd (at least was a few years ago) in the nation- which is the main prey of pumas- and they used to live here until they were wiped out years ago. with the amount of forest we have i see no reason why they wouldn't be moving back into the area. alot of food source and places to hide. and being an outdoorsman they scare the living s### out me. i have 2 cats and know how silent and deadly they can be and they only weigh about 6 lbs. don't want to come across a 150 lber- you would never even know what hit you

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

Puma attacks on humans are becoming common out west. If you go hiking you are warned to go in a group. The US government stopped keeping stats after attacks started to increase. Do not want to alarm the sheeple.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

yes i know there are and that is what scares me. large cats are powerful animals. a 100 lb cougar can take a 100 lb deer and climb a tree with it. wheni'm sitting in my tree i have no chance. had a bear climb the tree i was sitting in once and i was scared s###less. and we have garbage can bears here not known to attack people but why take the chance. and large cats are an entity to be scared of. theycan get me 20' up my tree with just 1 or 2 leaps whereas a bear has to scramble up. i would rather take my chances with bigfoot

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
HAHA you guys crack me up.
The face is too short and fat to be a deer. Pause the video when you can see the mouth/ head come into view. You can clearly see where the eyes and the mouth are and how small of a head it has.
More like that of a softball than a football shaped deer head ( for lack of better reference ).
Considering the face is looking foward means it's not bending down too much, meaning that it is a certain height.
If we look at where the head/mouth is in comparison to the tree's height off the ground, we should be able to come to a conclusion on the height of the animal.
It is not a deer. Post me a picture of a deer with a short fat round face and then we can talk but the evidence above is all just not that convincing.
Not a dog.....Not a deer......It is some kind of Wildcat......or cat species.

Please please please go back and take another look. Pause where the face shows up and then stare at it for a minute. Still convinced it's a deer? Go get your eyes checked.
Somebody please post some more wildcat pictures. I will try to find some myself but I'm almost positive it is not a deer or a dog and is a wildcat of somesort.
Just the size of the face alone is enough. Everybody is looking past that.
Since it's in Kentucky and they have wilcats, 2+2 = 4.........not 5 ( 5 = deer )

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
i would like to prpose a different theory to me it looks like a fisher cat or a fisher. they look like otters or weasels i think it waqs close to the camera whic is why it looked so large it could have been eating the hot dogs or corn i looks lie it was wet as it might have been raining or come out of a nearby pond or river
heres a pic

www.thetunnelrats.com...

but when i say it first thing i thought was that it was an otter or some similar type of animal

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I agree with the last poster. The face is too short to be a deers. But the ear is clearly a deer ear, but it looks like if it's suddenly too close to the camera. Like if there were two animals. Understand what i mean? Either it has huge deer ears or its something else.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join