It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Get Rid Of Racism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Can you get rid of racism? the answer to that is NO.) I am a music producer that deals with people of all races. And I dont care who you are, or what you potray, but racism has been around longer than any of us can think or read about. It is impossible to get rid of racism because people have been raised with certain beliefs passed down by them through their families, or friends. Think about it, how many times do you drive down the street, get cut off by someone, look at them, then automatically say something negative about either their appearance? "you stupid fat white trash #$#$ learn how to drive"..or whatever. Its bred in us. whether it be blk vs wht..blk vs asain..korean vs chineese....doesnt matter. Racism isnt a personal problem, its a global problem..it will never cease unless something greater comes into the picture to rid itof such(say for instance something from another world). But until that day, we have to make due with the hate, and use it for our survival(Kind of like prison). You may not be a racist, but the first thing you do is go to the group who looks just like you because you know better than to do otherwise. When the @#$# hits the fan, you do what you got to do. Racist Hate crimes going on right now?
Of course, and I would think I was crazy to not seeing it happen.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
and if there was no race differences then we would still find something negative to hate other people for

alas - sometimes this is deserved - Like I think I am resonably polite etc so when I meet someone who is foul-mouthed I naturally dislike them and would never stop to get to know the person behind the foul-mouth

likewise - I dont do drugs so if i met someone who does drugs I would automatically avoid them and tell my family to avoid that person

likewise if I knew someone was a pedophile - or as they used to be called at the turn of the last centuary - a funny uncle- I would never ever stop to get to know the person - I would simply avoid that person and tell all my family and frinds to do so too

and then you get to the snooty rich people who believe they are better than us ordinary people and would never bother to make friends with anyone too far below their social class lol

no amount of intervention - alien or otherwise- will stop me having my prejudices against some groups of people

join