It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds chirping at nite

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I know this one... Hurray~!
boss, a snake was looking in the trees for young birds and eggs...
one bird woke the roost up...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 888LetsRoll

For hours at a time, from dusk till dawn, every night, for weeks?

That's a LOT of snakes, dude. I'd almost prefer it to be earthquakes, all things considered.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by vox2442]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I can't explain but yeah, I live on a secluded farm land and as of this year I have noticed birds chirping by the window at night, it's usually an everynight thing for our guys, for some reason. No street lamps what so ever or any lights for that matter. It can be a cool , cold, or a hot night. I never noticed it before this year, I dunno what it's from I was just assuming I was more aware of stuff, but will probably never really know.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
years ago when i lived in a pennsylvania farm, it was a rare and odd think to hear the wandering crow, going caw-caw-caw at around midnight & into a normal sleepers REM time hours.

I'd say, as a unqualified observer and almost naturalist,
the common birds around us have adapted to their environment,
regardless if there are streetlights or noisy traffic in the immediate area...
the species have adapted to the western world atrificial environments

and even the country, and birds in remote regions have become 24-7 orientated. just like the hundreds of generations of urban & metropolitan birds have

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
OP, I agree with you. I've recently been hearing birds chirping at night. Loudly -- it's very noticeable and definitely not normal. Not sure what it means, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who's heard them.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I read that a lot of birds have started singing at night because there is too much noise pollution during the day for them to attract mates.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Yeah our planet is pretty crappy right now. It's ashame that more animals have noticed the pollution then humans. Not pointing fingers, just saying maybe we can each start doing more to help earth.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Quiet Storm
I don't know if this has any significance. I myself never heard birds chirping at nite until 20 minutes ago. Are birds supposed to chirp at nite? Its currently 2:25 AM here in Miami. I started noticing the birds chirping at around 2:00. I don't know if they have been chirping since earlier but it caught my attention as I was going to the kitchen. I heard like 4 birds chirping outside my apartment.

Is this common? Has anyone else experienced this? Its the first time I ever have.

why is this not in skunk works or bts.

are you serious. have you never been outside at night or just lived a really sheltered life.

to respond to your question yes birds chirp at night.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by monkey_descendant

how can you even believe crap like that birds have sang at night for thousands of years it has nothing to do with our environment. i dont know weither to be mad at you or feel bad for you guys.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I live in France in an old farmhouse set slap bang in the middle of the grape-vines and one of the most beautiful things to hear is a "blackbird singing in the dead of night".

When all's quiet and the rest of the world is sleeping, these otherwise ordinary birds can do "magic" with those little vocal chords.

tweet, tweeet, chirp, chirp!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I am in Quebec, Canada and boy are they loud. They wake me around 2am and go on for hours... Scary

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by The Quiet Storm

As a birdwatcher from way back, I can make the following comments to those asking about birds chirping at night.

1) Some birds, depending on migration or mating cycles will chirp happily away well into the evenings.

2) During some full moons, many species of birds literally go for it, sometimes till well after midnight. During this recent full moon, I heard crows, plovers, ducks and even some honeyeaters.

Duncan

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
WOW!! i didn't know that this was happening to everyone else too!! i live in Oklahoma, in the country, and its 2:32 am and a friggen bird is chirping. My thoughts on this is that it is a mockingbird, because it changes calls. Also during the day I have seen one mockingbird chasing another. Maybe its mockingbird mating season. Idk but my dog is barking his head off outside. Of course that could be a skunk.... But someone should research mockingbirds. This is not normal in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
this is a "new" and definitely not normal development.

it is occurring in and around the washington, dc area as well.

very strange. i wonder if this behavior is tied to changes in the planet; similar to what has affected the bee population, etc...

just look at how many threads are appearing from people experiencing these and other novel experiences. we're not scientists, but it's clear something is "different" and it's getting weirder.

someone reported seeing camera flashes in their field of vision. i have experienced this twice in the last three weeks...

if you are aware, you'll notice these changes/phenomena in your local environment...dreams are also affected...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I heard this a few months ago too...was in the garden at about 2:30am and heard the birds singing and instantly thought "thats strange"....never heard it before at that time and thought something was going to happen...like a storm or quake....we had a quake in the UK recently and it was the 1st Ive ever felt....birds chirping happened a few months after that but nothing happened....

Like someone said earlier....migration patterns for birds are changing so this could have something to do with it...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I only skimmed the thread so forgive me if someone else mentioned this (although I didn't see it). What you are hearing could very well be tree frogs. We have them here on our property in New England and they do sound alot like birds. It took a couple yeras before we finally figured out that they were frogs and not birds.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I had never heard bird song at night until I moved down here in south Texas. The damn things never shut up. They go on all day and all night long. If this is bird song, these guys need some music lessons.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Amazing, I live near San Francisco, bay area, CA. First time in my 11 years , I have started hearing chirping of bird(s) starting around 8.00 p.m. going all the way till 4.00 a.m. . This started about 2 weeks back! This doesn't seem normal to me ?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I've been hearing this @ night in my area as well, and it is not a normal occurance around here, either.

I guess some areas are used to the sounds, but I guess new types of birds are settling into unfamiliar territories, which is actually something to look into.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

We've been noticing this in south-central PA too, during the evening hours. Full moon or no moon; light or cloudy, weather....nothing seems to matter. There seems to be hundreds of them at a time, chirping wildly. Odd for a time of year when most birds are still south and have not yet returned. Came across this site while looking for an explanation. Anyone know what's going on?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join