It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds chirping at nite

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I don't know if this has any significance. I myself never heard birds chirping at nite until 20 minutes ago. Are birds supposed to chirp at nite? Its currently 2:25 AM here in Miami. I started noticing the birds chirping at around 2:00. I don't know if they have been chirping since earlier but it caught my attention as I was going to the kitchen. I heard like 4 birds chirping outside my apartment.

Is this common? Has anyone else experienced this? Its the first time I ever have.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Uh oh... it may be aliens to abduct you... BEWARE!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I couldn't resist... I dunno what's going on... sounds like something to look into.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Just the other night I heard birds chirping and thought to myself "Now that's wierd."

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Many species of birds use their songs to attract perspective mates. The instinctual drive to this end sometimes overrides the usual night/day
agenda. Early June, the time you observed this, is the onset of mating season for several birds.

Typically, in order to get a jump on the competition, a bird will sing from the crack of dawn well into twilight. But if the moon is shining or there is a nearby street lamp, some birds (in particular, the Mockingbird) will
sing all night long. Mockers also use their songs to mark territory.

Mockingbirds imitate other birds. and can have a repertoire that includes dozens of calls. Their uncanny recreation of songs often include Robins, Jays, Gulls, Sparrows, and sometimes even the squeal of car brakes. I would hazard a guess that many, if not all, of the calls you were hearing were being generated by Mockers.

As the season progresses and the birds get down to the business of raising
young, the night songs subside and we can all finally get some sleep
without closing the windows.

I hope this helps to answer your question.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I know other people who have reported the odd time of night chirping of non-nocturnal avian species in Florida, and someone else in China, and someone else on the east coast of Australia.

Maybe it is business as usual for the birds, but why is it being commented on widely? Perhaps it is the humans that are jumpy and sleepless and noticing this kind of stuff that goes on every night when they are generally oblivious to it.

Hitchcock's thing never had a sequel.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Quiet Storm
I don't know if this has any significance. I myself never heard birds chirping at nite until 20 minutes ago. Are birds supposed to chirp at nite? Its currently 2:25 AM here in Miami. I started noticing the birds chirping at around 2:00. I don't know if they have been chirping since earlier but it caught my attention as I was going to the kitchen. I heard like 4 birds chirping outside my apartment.

Is this common? Has anyone else experienced this? Its the first time I ever have.

I also have exerienced this lately in the past half-year or so. I don't remember hearing this before, so it seems new to me. Was also unsure if it was because we (humans) messed up their sleeping patterns or something. I dunno.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
i guess thats why they are mocking birds.

is it spring everywhere in the world like teheno said birds were chirping from?

thats mating season right? something is infringing on bird territory i think, or birds themselves have a spy network and are saying

"oh # the humans are going at it a 3rd time"

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I was wondering if i was the only one who had experienced this.
I live in the mid-west, and I first noticed this last week.
Its not just a bird or two, it seems to be all birds in this area.
1:30 A.M. and the birds were singing like it was dawn.
No full moon to fool them, and the streetlights are the same they have always been.
I personally think this is just a 'sign-of-the-times'.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
"JustAnIllusion" thanks for the info. I did not know that.

But why do you consider early April to be early June?

At the time this occured I was thinking that this was a sign that the birds are sensing some changes on the earth that are going to happen soon.

I dunno just my guess. Animals are going crazy nowadays. That 3 headed frog recently found really shows that something is happening on earth. Frogs are the first to mutate from contamination and changes in the environment.

I too thought this was a "sign-of-the-times" if I am speaking of the same thing you are, "aware".

[Edited on 1-4-2004 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Being raised a Boy Scout, I've heard birds chirping at night my whole life. Many birds only sing at night. Here in Texas we have whooperwills that will put a chill down your back if you don't know what they are.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I, too, think it's normal. I've heard them from time to time for years.
Maybe being on ATS has made you all more aware? Hey, that's a good thing.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I still think its a sign

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
i think it could be normal too... if not though, perhaps it was sex drive? maybe something disturbing the nest like a skunk or possum?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Dude, what do you ever remember hearing at night? Did you ever take the time to listen before it scared you? A mockingbird will sing to the light shining off the window in your room. Come down here and you can't get those things to shut up. What about nightingales,? they didn't name them dayingales.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Quiet Storm

Birds chirp when they're horny. Happens all the time around here. Night day all the time. I think it has a lot to do with the hot tempertures and longer days. Late bloomers trying to get a jump on the day with the lady birds you know.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well I certainly wasn't "scared" or anything like that. I just thought it was unusual. Unusual for the fact that I've lived in Miami all of my life and have never heard birds chirping like this until now. I've been outside at this time of the year at nite time in the past and haven't heard anything like this.

But since you all say its normal than it must be "normal" for the time being I guess. But I am still undecided about it.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Here's an article that gives some of the birds that chirp at night. You can google the individual birds if you don't believe it.
Link

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
that the earths magnetic poles are switching...or a catastrophic event is occuring as we speak!!! They are sayin' like,
"Dudes, we have to make some good time to get the hell out of Dodge....We re gonna have to fly aaall day, and aaaallll night...."
But all you hear is, "Tweet, tweety tweet...", and # like that

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I live in an industrial section of brooklyn and had to look this up because I've never heard the birds chirping at night before....have I been missing something? is this normal?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join