It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why such anger towards the United States

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Maybe Beacuase, of Iraq? Iran, Afganistan, WMDS?, The NWO?, Forcing Democracy onto every sqaure inch of the world, they can get their hands on?

Or how about the All the natives Forcably Displaced, because of Offshore Millitarybases/Airfeilds.

They are the biggest Bully, in the world.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I continually read posts placing the blame of the condition of this country on the Government.
"We the People" are the only ones responsible for the disastrous direction
the U.S.A hsa been going in.
"They" this and "they" that.
'We' are 'They'
'We' allowed these perversions of 'Our' Constitution to happen.

We are not a Democracy aka Mob Rules.

No One does anything to you that you don't Let them do !

The Ghost From Valley Forge

I had a dream the other night I didn't understand,
A figure walking through the mist, with flintlock in his hand.
His clothes were torn and dirty, as he stood there by my bed,
He took off his three-cornered hat, and speaking low he said:

We fought a revolution to secure our liberty,
We wrote the Constitution, as a shield from tyranny.
For future generations, this legacy we gave,
In this, the land of the free and home of the brave.

The freedom we secured for you, we hoped you'd always keep,
But tyrants labored endlessly while your parents were asleep.
Your freedom gone - your courage lost - you're no more than
a slave,
In this, the land of the free and the home of the brave.

You buy permits to travel, and permits to own a gun,
Permits to start a business, or to build a place for one.
On land that you believe you own, you pay a yearly rent,
Although you have no voice in choosing how the money's spent.

Your children must attend a school that doesn't educate,
Your moral values can't be taught, according to the state.
You read about the current "news" in a very biased press,
You pay a tax you do not owe, to please the IRS.

Your money is no longer made of silver or of gold
You trade your wealth for paper, so life can be controlled.
You pay for crimes that make our Nation turn from God to shame,
You've taken Satan's number, as you've traded in your name.

You've given government control to those who do you harm,
So they can padlock churches, and steal the family farm.
And keep our country deep in debt, put men of God in jail,
Harass your fellow countryman while corrupted courts prevail.

Your public servants don't uphold the solemn oath they're sworn,
Your daughters visit doctors so children won't be born.
Your leaders ship artillery and guns to foreign shores,
And send your sons to slaughter, fighting other people's wars.

Can you regain your Freedom for which we fought and died?
Or don't you have the courage, or the faith to stand with pride?
Are there no more values for which you'll fight to save?
Or do you wish your children live in fear and be a slave?

Sons of the Republic, arise and take a stand!
Defend the Constitution, the Supreme Law of the Land!
Preserve our Republic, and each God-given right!
And pray to God to keep the torch of freedom burning bright!

As I awoke he vanished, in the mist from whence he came,
His words were true, we are not free, and we have ourselves
to blame.
For even now as tyrants trample each God-given right,
We only watch and tremble -- too afraid to stand and fight.

If he stood by your bedside in a dream while you're asleep,
And wonder what remains of your right he fought to keep.
What would be your answer if he called out from the grave?
Is this still the land of the free and home of the brave?

Author Unknown

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
P.J. (Patrick Jake) O’Rourke (b. 1947),

"Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely"

[edit on 16-11-2008 by azureskys]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Thanks for the reply, I apologize if you are a bit confused as to the reason why i posted and that goes for all who reply, I guess Im just trying to get opinions from all who decide to post, Im not in the mood today to bicker back and forth in other threads so I decided to start a thread to just view others opinions and I do respect everybodys opinion. I just would like to see what people think, Maybe Ive had blinders on for quite sometime and have been a bit ignorant on whats going on around me.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lucidclouds

I can respect your post, Thanks for your input. This is why I decided to start this thread so I can see what it is that the masses think..Star for you

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Since 9/11, our Constitutional rights have been systematically dismantled:
1. USA Patriot Act - A 342 page document presented to Congress one day before voting on it that allows the government access to your bank and email accounts, as well as your medical and phone records with no court order. They can also search your home anytime without a warrant.
2. USA Patriot Act II - This one allows secret government arrests, the legal authority to seize your American citizenship, and the extraction of your DNA if you are deemed a potential terrorist.
3. Military Commissions Act of 2006 - Ends habeas corpus, the right to an attorney, and the right to court review of one’s detention and arrest. Without this most basic right, all other rights are gone too since anyone can be detained indefinitely. Now anyone may be arrested and incarcerated and nobody would know.
4. NSPD 51 - A directive signed by George W. Bush on May 9, 2007, that allows the President to declare martial law, effectively transforming the U.S. into a dictatorship with no checks and balances from the Legislative or Judicial Branches. Parts of this directive are considered classified and members of Congress have been denied the right to review it.
5. Protect America Act of 2007 - Allows unprecedented domestic wiretapping and surveillance activities with a reduction in FISA court oversight. Probable cause is not needed. John Warner Defense Authorization Act - Signed by George W. Bush on October 17, 2007, this act allows the President to declare a public emergency and station troops anywhere in America without the consent of the governor or local authorities to “suppress public disorder.
6. Homegrown Terrorism and Radicalization Act - Passed overwhelmingly by Congress on October 23, 2007, is now awaiting a Senate vote. This act will beget a new crackdown on dissent and the Constitutional rights of American citizens. The definitions of “terrorism” and “extremism” are so vague that they could be used to generalize against any group that is working against the policies of the Administration. In this bill,“violent radicalization” criminalizes thought and ideology while “homegrown terrorism” is defined as “the planed use of force to coerce the government.” The term,“force” could encompass political activities such as protests, marches, or any other form of non-violent resistance.
So when you add in:
1. Halliburton Confirms Camps Constructed
2. Halliburton’s Immigrant Detention Centers
3. Homeland Security Contracts for Vast New Detention Camps
4. Halliburton Confirms Concentration Camps Already Constructed
5. KBR awarded Homeland Security contract worth up to $385M
This from Halliburton’s own website

Again I say ,We allowed this to happen.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The world doesn't hate you as a person, or as a individual in the military.
It's the government the world hates, the arrogance.. the ignorance, the lies.. the coverups.
I think the world has had enough BS from the USA.

Hopefully Obama can win back respect lost by the Bush administration, but he's got a long road ahead of him.

P.S... Sif anyone can say bad things about Australia.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I respect your post however I am not oblivious there is just not much I can do or say that will change how screwed up somethings are here and Im not here to argue because I refuse to over a computer, As I said before I started this thread to get opinions, Ive never lived in another country as a citizen so I cannot base whats it like to live in the UK or Germany or wherever. I dont watch the news because its all crap so I thought maybe hearing from intelligent people here would maybe give me a different view of things. Its kind of refreshing to hear everybodys take on it and I like reading what all of you have said.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Realize who really runs America is the Unelected,Unconstitutional Federal Reserve.

The American public, is sitting around ringing their hands, and waiting for a 'Knight in Shining Armor' to rescue them.

No one has ever gotten anything done by ...Sitting Back ,Holding their Breath and hoping that some Other Guy will take care of things for us !!

It's Your Country..... Take It Back Now !!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I liked your post, You are correct about that. It has become so expensive here in my state, My property taxes are astronomical, Im what you would call middle class, I have a very good job and Im due to progress to my next pay grade in about one month or so but it becomes sometimes hard when everything around you is going up in price. My home has lost almost 100k in one year because of this financial disaster and it making it hard to sell my home and relocate to a more inexpensive state. This is why I started this thread to get more insight on why people love it here and why some do not, Starting arguments is the last option for me today, I want to get more informed and get opinions especially from citizens for the US. Id also like to hear about other countries as well

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
azureskys, you keep saying how we, the people, allowed all this to happen to our country and how it's our own fault for the current state of affairs.

I'd like to know how you came to that conclusion since your own evidence shows that all these bills, resolutions, etc. were not put before the American people but before Congress. I didn't get a chance to review the laws-to-be, executive orders, redux of the patriot act or any piece of legislation that came before Congress.

Show of American hands. Did any of my fellow Americans get to decide the fate of any of these treasonous acts against Americans; against the Constitution? I didn't ask for the Federal Reserve to be enacted. I wasn't even born, yet. None of us were.

You say we just sat here and did nothing? I'd like to know what exactly we were supposed to do. More importantly, what exactly are YOU doing to right this egregious insult to our liberties?

Yes, the Federal Reserve is in control but do you know any of their members names? Do you have any proof? Do you have access to mass communication, unlimited funding, black ops projects, high tech "toys" to control the masses? Do you have a job? Kids to support and protect?

I think most Americans on this site know what the problems are that we're facing. What we don't know is how to fix it. If you have that answer, I'd love to hear it.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by whitewave]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

In order for the constituants...ie you and me...to know about new laws that our elected congressmen/women vote on is for THEM to get to review it first.

They were NOT given that opportunity, thus WE THE PEOPLE did not get to see these new laws and make a choice.

Real handy there eh?!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Why such anger towards the United States
reply to post by cmd18B

The reason is that the rest of the world has a fixation on 1) Holywood and crap it puts out (like as if Hilywood represents America!!) 2) Washington and their shenanigans and 3) the silly US Media.

Most of you watch this stuff and immediately get disgusted and think up 101 reasons why we are stupid, disgusting, immoral, arrigant (you choose the term). etc.

Now you will have a black president to watch who has next to no experience in government, who everyone supposes will turn America around 180 degrees and do absolutely wonderful things and on and on and on. It's all a side show! We don't need the attention!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Very true about hollywood here..I cant lie and say I dont enjoy movies and the one of the things I cannot stand as a US citizen is the love affair the american people have with the actors, I mean I dont give a rats behind about who is dating who and who is in rehab and they cry about how long they work and the long days they put in but they keep forgetting that some of those whiners are getting a 5 million dollar check when its all said and done..Do you kow what I could do with 5 milion dollars!!! Yes Hollywood really disgusts me.

Its true I love it here and then again since Ive posted this thread ive really given it some consideration and to why I love it here and there are things going on here that are sinister, Maybe Ive come a bit detached from the real world because for ten years ive been a member of the army and its all I knew and with my current profession its wise to keep my political views to myself and do my job without fail. I worry about this country and I worry most about its citizens

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

I really completely agree with you however I think it may be quite difficult to take back whats ours, I really would love to see that because I think we need it but I think most would be even afraid to bring it up, Im not but Im only one man.. I wish there were others who wanted to do that because I would join up with them and maybe even lead them.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The American Policies that have come out of America for the last eight years are not those agreed upon by the American People.

Americans have voted in the past with apathy and party prejudice. Few Americans pick up a book or go to their village, town meetings or watch the House of Representatives or Congressional Channel to keep track on how the representatives they voted in are voting. It's far too easy to just vote the party you and your parents have always voted for without really researching how these politicians are actually voting. We would rather watch American Idol, Dancing with the Stars or read Fantasy novels vs educational literature.

We Americans have become, like most top powers throughout history, lazy, sloppy and apathetic.

Then again, Americans have been lied to and manipulated. Some are too stubborn and proud to admit that they have been "misled".

In France the people I talked to say their government realizes they work for the people. Here in America we suspect and fear our government. We have come dangerously close to becoming a Police State.

Not only did America use torture we went into a country declaring war for its oil under the guise of "Homeland Security". This is the action of a bully and not a responsible global leader.

The Bush Administration has taken the word corruption to a new level. But this was allowed to occur due to Americans being lazy and apathetic in researching who they are voting for. Now this president ready to exit his office has pardoned himself and his administration.

We are now a world power that has condoned and used torture.

I apologize to the rest of the world for my country having stooped so low. No country should advocate the use of torture under any circumstance.

Our news media has failed us big time. Most of our news media is owned and ran by an elite few of the richest individuals on the planet with their own greedy agenda. (Control the information and you control the people). The American people have been for the most part lied to and manipulated big time however they have allowed this manipulation because it was easier then trying to find out what was really going on.

America is no longer run by the people and for the people. We are now a country that is ran by the Large Corporations and for the Large Corporations.

There are almost 50 million Americans with no health insurance; many are children, elderly and mentally & physically handicapped.

Here in America, you are on your own. You either sink or swim. The American mentality is me me me and not one of social responsibility. Social anything has a bad name. Most Americans don't realize that our police and fire departments are "social vs. private agencies".

Many Americans still fear social anything because they have not researched and educated themselves to the difference between Communism and being a socially responsible Democratic Republic.

Try and Google "Number of homeless in America" and you get figures ranging from one to three million. I suspect the number could be even higher because our homeless people are "invisible citizens". Many of our homeless are the young, the old and the physically and mentally disabled. As I walk to and from I see the number growing weekly.

We do not take care of our own. We allow people to rot if we decide they are not "worth it".

We like to think "they should work, they should have a job, they should..." by having this mindset we don't have to "feel sorry" for another human being that has had a run of bad luck. We like to think that all good or bad in life comes from effort and not luck. This way we don't have to feel "responsible" for our fellow man.

Many of our homeless are homeless because our government has allowed the large corporations to take American jobs off American soil. Our government works for the large corporations and not the people. Profit is the only thing that matters in America with no regard to human quality of life.

Here in America, if you all of a sudden have been paying on a home for 28 years, have a "medical issue" not covered by insurance (usually by your job) you could end up losing your home (and become homeless).

Our insurance companies are a joke. They too work for the large corporations and make getting any kind of benefit agreed upon so hard that it's next to impossible. It's all a game with no regard for a person's right to life and the pursuit of happiness promised in the Constitution.

Perhaps the world sees us as a nation of people who have long taken their freedoms and liberty for granted. We work long hard hours to acquire three & four bedroom, two bath homes, a SUV for every member of the family that can drive and now need closets the size of small rooms to fit our clothes in. We see a home that isn't updated with the latest amenities like granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances and we turn our nose up because we are use to "only the best".

When a country becomes "everyman for himself" you end up with a bunch of spoiled selfish childlike individuals with no regard for anyone else.

America is home to 5% of the world’s population and yet uses 25% of the world’s energy.

Many Americans still have this cowboy mentality. While this type of mindset was good and useful a hundred years ago times are a changing. We need to now foster a "globally responsible" mentality. America needs to grow up.

Maybe the rest of the world is tired of watching this spoiled, willful and selfish child throwing bullish tantrums and yearns for this child to grow up and become a responsible adult in the global community.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by ofhumandescent]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join