It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real World Survivalism for the coming Depression

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exmar

Since I'm posting, does everyone think my thread is a bore, too basic, not enough info, or what? Let me know, I'd like to get this thing going more and share good info but, there seems to be little interest so far. I would have thought there'd be a good active response to this but it's been flat. Is everyone in denial still? Even at ATS?

What is coming is systemic. It is a fault in our financial/government system coming to head, now unavoidable.

there's this classic book (call it a tome its so large)...
better than the whole earth catalogue from the 60s-70s
"Encyclopedia of Country Living", by Carla Emery

its Free on: www.scribd.com...
(Alert...the book is 900 pages large, so i'd not download it...)

or go to Amazon to buy a used copy, or to www.grannysstore.com...
for a lot of other networking, hit the 'Portal' button for other URL links...

such as: www.primitive.org...
has an story created from inspiration...'field guide to primitive living skills'
A one page deal with about 7 paragraphs...

Primitive living allows us to practice living on a model scale. By "living" I means that process of procuring our needs for physical and mental well-being, including such things as shelter, fire or energy, water, and vegetable or animal resources. In primitive living we are faced with these needs as realities we must meet. We are faced with the realization that in order for our lives to go onward, we must take from the world around us; like the coyote stalking a mouse, we must kill and use to survive. It is too easy to forget that in the contemporary world. We think resources come from the store, and we forget that there are impacts and consequences, throughout the ecosystem, from our every purchase, our every decision. In primitive living we face those consequences directly. We can see the effect of our needing to eat causing the loss of life of a plant or an animal. We can sense that by picking the berries from the bushes we may be taking someone else's meal. Primitive living is a metaphor that gives us an awareness of the true costs of living, no matter where we are.

is this stuff of interest to your thread... no response necessary, thanks

[edit on 10-1-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

I think that you should seriously re-think this belief. There may be a few members of the military that will go AWOL but they will be hunted viciously. The military makes them sign an oath to TPTB and they are conditioned to do as told. Often the horror of what they have done flips them into a rage and madness that causes them to want to wipe out the memory and the pain and TPTB directs that rage directly towards us. I know that it is fiction but just take a look at the YouTube video 2009 A True Story. I think that it is very insightful.Look around the headlines of the local newspapers. Just do a Google regarding police brutality. They even have several websites dedicated to victims of the unlawful and unnecessary acts of extreme force utilized by many of those supposedly sworn to protect us. You are floating in a boat that is sinking fast if you think that you can rely on the police, the military or the government to protect you. Remember that everyone has their price, including you. Trust few and rely only on yourself and the wisdom and the strength that God gave you.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I think one of the sensible things to do in the ''coming depression'' is, providing you have a reasonably secure well-paid job is to reduce your house mortgage down as much as possible. Stay in your house (they are not selling well anyway), pay a larger monthly mortgage payment and gain more equity over debt on the house.

The bank/building society interest rates are dropping down to ''all-time lows'', there has never been a better chance of reducing your mortgage in terms of years to paid up.

Just look at what you were paying in monthly mortgage payments this time last year. If you can still affford the same amount as then, then continue to pay that rate. It will reduce your overall mortgage debt quite considerably.

Paying off mortgage debt is in my mind far more beneficial than trying to save money in the bank with its low interest rate.

By reducing your mortgage debt, you could be setting yourself up nicely for in the near future and could even bring you early retirement that much closer.

Remember, mortgage debt is probably the largest debt each of us will have during our lifetimes ........ just think what you could do if it was paid off early. You could give up that crap job and do something you wanted to do all your life without having to worry about having to pay a mortgage each month.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Here is an excellant link to the 2001 economic collapse in Argentina a long but very infomative read, also a link to a film with english sub titles..

federalism.typepad.com...-6a00d8341bf6e653ef0111684277e2970c

weaseldog.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Exmar

If you want to survive for the long haul you must have proper nutrition. Guns & stuff won't help much if you're starving. Core items should be "virgin coconut oil"- anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-mictobial, anti-fungal - stores for a years at room temp. "Chia seed" energy and stamina in a small package. "Brown rice" if you have to have carbs - stores for a long time. Get one of those little devices that make colloidal silver (water) - best and cheapest general purpose medicine for many things. Study nutritional suppliments and vitamins that you need. Most people are deficient in magnesium. What you need to store depends on your particular physical condition. Speaking of which; a skinny body has an easier time surviving on not much, than a fat person. Get Your weight down and keep it down. When the kimshe hits the fan, obese people are going to be dying like flys. For weight loss that won't kill you in the process, a good web-site is www.kkglorychurch.com (lose weight without starving or extra exercise).

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
or you could have fun and move from place to place

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DivineGypsy9

As for natural antibiotics oil of garlic can be bought at wallgreens buy a bottle get one free olive leaf extract and oil of oregano can be found at most health food stores.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by colec156

heheheh wife thinks the same thing of me. so it's slow going although we get more prepared every day.. have two dogs now. new tires on all vehicles and am taking a spanish class. Being bilingual could be a life saver? Slowly stocking up on hand tools as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join