It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Figure in my Bedroom

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Originally posted by Mystery76
Not sure this is true, but it was recommended to me to not go to the figure, even though he was signaling me to do so. It could be dangerous. Though, there was no peaceful feeling with my being, so may be something completely different.
Any ideas what mine was? Not sure I trust the source I got my original info from.

have you checked out dopplegangers yet?

But it says a doppleganger is like a replica of yourself. Like a twin almost. This thing was a man for one, and definitely had not resemblance to myself. Other then that, seems to fit. Any other suggestions?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
well, to tell you that i wasn't freaked out the first time i saw some shadow people would be an outright lie! I'm definitely not religious but very spiritual. many moons ago when i was a teen, i had more than a few run ins with shadows. this mostly happened at home but on occasion it also occurred out of the home. i had situations where i would lets say for one, taking out the trash one night and i saw this shadow person walk up the drive way and up into the doorway...(and the freaky part) turn towards me then disappear though the door. there were nights where i was the only one awake and i would hear the sound of movements in the house. my room door would open and close by itself! freaky at first but you get used to it. at first I'm sure it was fear but my fear turned into curiosity. i really cant blame this on meddling in things that dont concern me b/c even though i am interested in the occult i dont practice any magic black or white. only played the Ouija once or twice in my life. i guess in summation. dont be afraid.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Same thing happened to me at my old house

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This has happened before, to many many people I have talked to.

I consulted my oracle on advice about this; I'll explain about that some other time. It's a physical person who does an extraordinary amount of metaphysical research in their spare time... carrying on.

From our discussions on the various incidents that they all appeared to have in common (the same type of black hooded figure showing up) the theory we've settled on is it usually is some type of spiritual inititation. It is entirely down to how a person reacts to the situation and the type of response that the mysterious hooded figure receives as how things proceed from there.

I'm sure there were examples we found. This sounds very out there reading it back, but seeing something that is there when in a scientific world it shouldn't be there means you go looking for the unscientific explanations.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Was there any more details on this hooded figure? A name for it? The exact reasoning it would appear?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I saw a dark figure once a few years ago,i woke up to find what looked like a man with a cowboy hat on,dirty jacket & what looked like a beard but i couldn't see clearly because of the dark..for some reason i wasn't afraid,i looked at it for about 10 seconds then went back to sleep.
The best way to decribe it is he looked like indiana jones..it was wierd but it didn't scare me for some reason

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I as well have had a slight run in with something similar. It only occured once. But I knew the house had it's own ways. You knew something was "off" (or perhaps "on"). For the ney-sayers, who wonder how you can see somethign like this and not be freaked out:

In my experiance, it was a very tiring few moments. And there was no fear. It wasn't like I was scared... Only... Calm. Like it was no big deal. My only deviation from this post was that when mine walked close to me I got severely cold in that area. Like sticking you hand in the freezer for 20 minutes. The rest of me was fine, but right where it passed... Was cold as ice.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
If I had to guess what exactly it was... I'd say (in my limited paranormal language) a fantom. But I'm sure someone here with many more years in the paranoral field might have a better explination.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown_Significance

Me and my wife and kids were at the zoo one day during a storm. I drug everybody down there for that reason. I thought it would be fun to stand under the trees sheltered from the rain. Well it did rain and then some. A terrible thunderstorm came up with some intense lightning. In a matter of time we were soaked to the bone and it was raining sideways with the strong wind. As I heard the loud thunder and watched the bright close lightning I realised we were standing in water prpbably 6 inches deep at this point. We talked about the threat of being struck and decided we should seek shelter as fast as we could. At one point I saw something perched in the trees and turned to see it but there was nothing I could see there. I believed it to be something of the nature you are describing. Only not very tall. And not human. At this moment I thought we were going to die. I'll never forget it.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Generally speaking, this type of entity represents a demonic figure. They typically feed on fear and energy.

Any odd smells or dreams lately?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Luckily once I stopped dabbling in those things I should not, I never saw him or had that dream again. Always wondered really what it was though? I still maintain it was a dream, but definitely a warning of some sort. I swear my house was haunted back then too. There were two. One was not threatening, but the other less welcoming I guess I would say. My grams still lives there. Either both spirits are gone, I lost my ability to sense them, or I had a very wild imagination. LOL!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
That description fits the figure i saw last year! I never seen a ghost or monster before ever, this was my first "flash" of an unknown entity.

I was sitting on my computer surfing for pyramid information, when i noticed a cold draft or breeze brushed my right arm and into the room. There is no window on that side of me though. I just look around the room to make sure it was nothing and only my imagination. I shook my head in disbelief and turned back onto my computer.

Suddenly, I get this really uneasy "feeling" inside me, like a panic attack. I swing my chair around and ended up staring straight into the wall that was behind me (approx 12 feet away from me). Just staring at the wall suddenly a dark hooded tall figure materializes infront of me and flashed out of vision again faster than i could blink. It was dreadfull to look at so close. It looked like a tall chaos black hooded humanoid. I called for my girlfriend instantly just to make sure nothing had happened and to do a quick "reality check".

Another funny issue, the creature resembled a black hooded creature I found on an Egyptian Pyramid website the same day. But when I went hunting for the image i could not find it online or in my history folder.

Does anyone here know Egyptian Mythology and recognises the Black Hooded Humanoid Creature i speak of? I cannot be sure it's a perfect match though, it resembled in the "spooky" factor but was not as detailed as the real one in my room, so it was not a perfect match, but it was an interesting lead to pursue.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So I just googled "spiritual encounters, dark shadow figure, paralyzed feeling" and found this thread! My freakish encounter is very similar to the ones posted here.

Let me start with the small first encounter. It happened around two months ago and it was very brief. I had just recently moved into a new apartment, getting used to the place, taking a while to fall asleep. I fell asleep...then around 2 or 3am, woke up in a choking sensation, I was wide awake, somehow I was sideways on my bed ...like I had moved clockwise in my 2 hours of sleep...? When I tried to positon myself normal, back onto my pillow, I realized I couldnt! I was pretty much paralyzed and was trying with all my might to move back. It wasn't just a paralyzing feeling though I felt presense there with me like SOMETHING was there holding me in place. Whether I was sleeping or not..which I'm pretty sure I wasnt, my body felt strained from forcing myself...So that freaked me out and I thought and hoped that would be the only time something like that would happen in my new place

Second encounter...about 3 weeks later: THE BIG "what the heck"... I woke up middle of the night again and just lay there relaxing until I would fall asleep again. With my eyes STILL open, so definitely NOT asleep, there was a shadowy figure to my left practically lying next to me...I felt one of it's arms or whatever pressing on me and as I was trying to push it away, again I felt paralyzed, I was trying so hard to scream to wake one of my roomates, but only tiny shreaks came out. The dark figure sat up, still beside me and I'm not sure if it was hooded like the ones described here, but it had more of head with sharp triangular points atop. After moments of trying to scream and push it away from me, it vanished...? If after this moment I had opened my eyes (indicating a nightmare) I wouldnt be shaken so much..but nope my eyes were open the whole time. It took me 3 hours after this to fall asleep since I was so mortified...the next few days I slept with one of my roomates...

Any thoughts??

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I woke up twice to a dark figure standing over my bed. It looked like it had a hooded robe on and I could not make out any features. It was darker than how dark it was in my room. I thought it was my dad upon waking and I asked it, "Dad is that you?" thinking that he had come into my room to put clothes on my dresser. I got a very stern "No." I asked it "Well then, who are you?" He replied "I am Satan." It freaked me out right then but I prayed and when I opened my eyes he was nowhere to be found.

The second occurrence I knew who I was dealing with and I was more annoyed than anything that I was awakened to this BS so I prayed again to Christ and he went away.

Maybe this will shed some light on what you are also dealing with.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Thank you for all your replies and I wish to offer my utmost sincere apologies for not answering most of your questions and posting on my thread for quite a while.

I will now inform you on what has occurred since my first experience which has been described. I have been experiencing strong coldness that seems to come out of nowhere at random times during the day and night when I am at home. I have also been feeling as if someone or something in this case, is watching me when I am in the dark. I began experiencing all this after my family and I returned home from holidays. What is interesting is that my youngest son (8) who will remain nameless has also been experiencing this whenever alone in the dark. The rest of my family, my wife and oldest son (12) have not felt this yet have been supportive.

I have not however seen any new dark hooded figures recently but have experienced the same very haunting and disturbing dream every two or three days. What I find really odd is that the dream feels so... real... well as real as it could seem. I am pursued by a bright and glowing, spotless and faceless white robed figure through some sort of dark, empty and endless room with no ceiling or walls, just floor. The figure seems to be the only source of light in my dream. In the dream the figure seems to be robed and hooded while I am running clothless. I cannot see where I am running and just when the figure grabs hold of me I hear a ringing, low yelling and what seems to be howls. I always wake up sweating early in the mornings. Oddly when I wake up the white figure seems to have burned its bright image onto my vision, if you know what I mean. It fades away eventually though. Is it even possible for an image in a dream to burn itself onto your eyes?
My youngest son says he hasn't experienced these dreams.

To answer a few of your questions:
I have not experienced any odd smells and haven't been meddling with the spiritual world via astral projection, meditating, OOBE etc.

I would also like to put forward some questions concerning the new dreams and feeling.
What is the link between the white figure and the dark beings?
Are my family and I in danger, especially me and my 8 year old son?
Is it a warning or something trying to contact me?
Why is it only my son and I that feel the coldness and sense of being watched?
In the dream, does the yelling and ringing mean anything?
Why am I naked in the dream, has it any symbolism?
Is my house haunted?

I have been scanning Google for links between the figure and the 'shadow beings' but haven’t found anything.

Any new info will be appreciated. Thank you for sharing your experiences and if anyone knows anything about the white being please inform me and the thread readers.

Thank you all again!

[edit on 31-12-2008 by Unknown_Significance]

[edit on 31-12-2008 by Unknown_Significance]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Ive had a similar experience. I woke up at night to see a dark shadow hunched over by my window. This is where i keep my DVDs so i thought it was my dad checking for a DVD, but this was at 5am. So as i jus stared at it, it suddenly turned around and left my room, the door being 8-10 feet directly behind it. It moved swiftly and still hunched. I still sat there awake and staring, trying to think why my dad would be going through my stuff so early, and then layed back down still wondering until i went back to sleep. I later asked my mom what the hell dad was doing in my room at 5am. later that night she said he was sleeping until 630 when he went to work. Needless to say, i told her to stop joking, as I was becoming freaked out, well knowing that the event physically happened, and was not a vivid or lucid dream. It hasnt happened again, but I can easily picture it all in my head and is still a concern deep down as to what it was.

My advice, stay sharp. I havent read anything about "shadow figures" or any such shadows doing actual harm or damage, and many who fully beleive in these figures say they often watch people. Im not a firm beleiver but i know what i saw, so i just take is as that. Something wierd i cant explain.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Also I would just like to add something about the way the white robed figure grabbed me..... This is really awkward but I feel it may reveal more about the figures origin and perhaps link. In the dream... the white robed figure grabs my private parts with a very firm grip. By the feel of the hand I think the figure would be male... After the dreams I wake up very 'hard' and sexually pleased.

Does the figure have anything to do with sexuality?

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thank you... that was awkward but it had to be said.
Have a prosperous, safe and happy new year!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
...Do not fear the shadow people. The entities in this realm are self-created and feed off the vibrational outsets of our emotions. The stereotypical 'dark figure' is your detached higher-self surfing this plane of existence. Shadow People 'attacks' are infact one's human conciousness awakening before their higher-self has returned and re-affirmed itself within the body. Recognising this seemingly un-natural seperation causes inevitable feelings of fear and violation, of which in this lucid state project into visualisations of being attacked...

...If you wish to avoid these experiences occuring I recommend you try sleeping on your back rather then a featol position. This tends to stem the flow of the higher-self leaving your body and your human psyche awakening to it...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Please, if anyone has any explanations to the dark figures and the white figure in my dream feel obliged to present it here.
I wait in great anticipation for the relief of reading information on these frightening incidents that haunt me.
No new events have occured but the dreams continue to occur.
Thank You!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by False Harmony

This seems a plausible explanation and I'm somewhat at ease that I stumbled on this forum and thread today. A few years ago the dark mists began visiting me at night and I'm always catching them just as I'm waking up. In the dark. I open my eyes and the dark figure/mist is either hovering over me or a few feet away by a doorway. When I see them over me, it's like I have been awakened by it. I open my eyes and see it moving like dark smoky water in the air. I focus for a few seconds and it slowly dissapates into nothing. I've seen so many of them that they now don't even frighten me anymore.

The first time I saw this it scared me so bad that I couldn't move or speak. I was literally shaking while my wife was asking me what was wrong very frantically. That time it took me several minutes to get my body to speak and I was scared beyond imagination. I was 36 years old at the time.

So thanks again for your explanation. I like the idea that it's my spiritual self floating out there. I'd hate to continue thinking it's something bad or hurtful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join