It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Figure in my Bedroom

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The paranormal section of ATS is probabely my favourite. I enjoy reading peoples encounters (from blonde werewolf ferris wheel humanoids to blackeyed kids to meeting the immortal Saint Germain and seeing white robed ghosts) except never expected a paranormal incident to occur to me.

Now this encounter may not be as spectacular as many on this forum but I remember it vividly. It occured at around 11:30pm - 11:45pm on a Saturday a few days ago (a little more than a week). I headed off to bed, turning the lights off in each room as I went... first the living room, then the kitchen, then the home theatre and then... the hall. As I turned off the light for the hall I felt a sudden cold 'swim' through the house. I say 'swim' because it felt like it swept from the hall behind me. The only light was coming from my bedroom door down the hall. I headed towards the door... I felt as if something was watching me. Reaching for the bedroom door I turned around to check the hall. I swear I saw a figure standing near the kitchen counter beyond the hall. It didn't end here though. I looked at the figure for a few seconds. I recall seeing it as darker black to its surrounding but a perfect outline of a... what appeared hooded being. It was quite tall.

I freaked... too afraid to say "Who is there?" or the likes so I entered my bedroom and closed the door behind me trying not to make a sound. I was alone because my family were on holidays (I had to finish on a document before meeting my family there).
The same cold was still in my room. I was getting goosebumps.

I just stood by the door for around 10 - 20 seconds. Waiting for something to happen. I finally decided to go to sleep. I turned off the light and headed for my bed.

My eyes were adjusting to the dark again. Then, out of the corner of my I believe something swept past my arm and headed towards the bedroom door. I felt a... sort of cloth or something soft and ticklish swipe my left arm. It was soft and light yet freezing... an undescribable strong feeling. The figure moved quite fast and was smaller than the one in the kitchen. I pretty much vaulted onto my bed and turned on the bedside light.

I'm not sure how long I stayed awake partially under the covers. But I fell asleep... it was a very peaceful sleep.

I'd like some of your insight into this encounter. I'm sure I didn't imagine it (I wasn't tired and the outline of the figures were so clear).
I'd be happy to answer some of your questions...

Thanks!

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Unknown_Significance]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I have had the EXACT same experience as you.

I was meditating early this year. About 20 minutes into the meditation I had somewhat of an out-of-body experience where I could see with my eyes closed.

I saw a dark hooded figure point at me, and I awoke from the meditation gasping for breath. To be honest, I haven't tried to have an out of body experience since then because it was so terrifying.

I think what we are seeing might be shadow people, but I really don't have a clue as to what their intentions are, whether evil or good.

But I'll tell you man, the one I saw did not look to friendly... I don't want to see him again.

While I'm not sure what they are, I hope you find solace in the fact that other people have had a similar experience to you!

kudos,
-jips

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
How could you see some dark shadowy figure in your house... and just decide to go in your room and eventually go to sleep? Maybe it's just me, but isn't a confrontation of some kind in order? I may have gone in my room... but it would only be long enough to arm myself. Then it'd be time to see what's what with this character.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Probably home land security setting up surveillance in your house. The suits are cold because they use liquid helium in order to make the suit superconductive. It allows for the power needed to run through the cloaking suit.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by cloakndagger]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I think you're a little paranoid, it is Christmas time, it must have been Santa Claus climbing down your chimney. Nothing to worry about m8.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Are either of you dabbling in anything you shouldn't be? Let me explain. I was about 17. Friends and I were dabbling in what we thought was white magic. Trying to do seances, and all kinds of different forms of fortune telling. I think the seances and/or the magic was the cause.
The first night I was walking home from a friends. I would walk along the bike path by the river. I noticed a man sitting on the bank of the river. Not too odd really, we have a lot of homeless people around there. I was still cautious and picked up speed a little and kept a watch on him to make sure he did not try anything. He then turned and smiled a very eery smile and pointed. I realized at that moment he had a hood on. I ran the rest of the way home.
Another night I fell asleep on my bed. My little brother was at the foot of my bed watching TV. The lights were on. In the what I call a dream, the lights were off yet my brother was still there. I looked over and saw this very tall figure, dressed in black, his eyes were almost red and were shaped funny, his skin looked as though it were melted away. He had the same eery smile as the man on the river bank. This I could tell he wore almost a cloak like thing. Like the grim reaper basically. He the pointed to me and then turned his hand to motion for me to come to him. His hands were the same as the skin on his face and his fingers were unnaturally long. I shook my head no, terrified and woke up. The lights were back on and brother still there watching tv.
Another night I had the same dream on the cloak figure was standing near my bedroom door. He did the same pointing and motioning for me to come to it.
So I told a friend about it. Barely got to the description before he hands me a piece of paper with a drawing of the figure. I freaked. He said it was a sort of warning. Something I was doing was dabbling on the wrong side of the spectrum.
I did pretty much stop most of it except the tarot readings and such. I never did see him again. Of course happy about that. Now was it just a dream, I dunno. I like to think so.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
Probably home land security setting up surveillance in your house. The suits are cold because they use liquid helium in order to make the suit superconductive. It allows for the power needed to run through the cloaking suit.

Wait... are you being serious? I cannot tell...

And by the way... I fell asleep unnaturally... I just felt so peaceful.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
How could you see some dark shadowy figure in your house... and just decide to go in your room and eventually go to sleep? Maybe it's just me, but isn't a confrontation of some kind in order? I may have gone in my room... but it would only be long enough to arm myself. Then it'd be time to see what's what with this character.

Although cold I felt very... peaceful.
I was scared but also calm...
That peace was amazing and I eventually drifted to sleep

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Wait... are you being serious? I cannot tell...

And by the way... I fell asleep unnaturally... I just felt so peaceful.

I'm just throwing an idea out there.

I heard that people can teleport themselves spiritually and who ever sees the person's spirit during this time looks like a shadow person. I'm not sure if that is true but you never know in the spiritual realm. I would not loose any sleep over it.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown_Significance

I have heard this before, and I know it doesn't make sense to some. It really shouldn't make sense because of course the logical reaction would be either fear, anger, or confusion. Or maybe a little of all of them.

I have been in your situation. I was mentally told to go back to sleep.

...and I did.

Altered my perception and even the reality of my room.

If you have anything more to share please do because although it is rare, stuff that doesn't just happen once. You have probably seen a little more than you have told in the past or at least will in the future.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Thanks for everyones replies...

If something similar has occured to anyone else (e.g. dark figures, cold cloth, a peaceful need to sleep) could you PLEASE post your experiences in this thread... appreciated.

Anyway, to answer some of your questions.

I have not been involved in all those spiritual "shinanigans" like mind reading or whatever it is called.
I would like to add that the first figure seemed to look straight at me while the second figure tried to "run" past me.

I have not experienced any other encounters with these figures...
Or atleast I don't remember if I did.

If I have any more incidents I will report them here and I ask that you share your experiences as well... so that we can get closer to understanding the dark figure phenomenon.

Questions
1. Are these shadow people?
2. Are these figures dangerous?
3. Are they attempting to tell me something?
4. What are the chances of them returning?
5. Why have I encountered them... what is there purpose?

Thanks... and I'll keep you updated.

~ Unknown_Significance

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Is it possible that these figures are still here?

Can you please reply to my questions!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
according to the Urantia book, there were born to this planet two phases of "midway" creatures. Midway creatures being midway between the physical and electro/spiritual/unknown worlds. The second phase are more humanoid like. The ones' that remain upon the planet at this time are watchers and gardians of time and tradition. They are not negitives, and this would explain your peaceful sleep. The second stage midway creatures are quite humaniod, but they exist just outside our visual light range. Lighting tricks can and do reveal them.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown_Significance
Is it possible that these figures are still here?

Can you please reply to my questions!

I like to express understandings in ways each might understand. You therefore migth asssume understanding if I express the duty of midway creatures and census takers, though their job outline isn't quite the same nor is their period. Midway creatures have alway been "here" and they will be here and there frequently, but your chance to see or sense them will not.

Questions
1. Are these shadow people?
2. Are these figures dangerous?
3. Are they attempting to tell me something?
4. What are the chances of them returning?
5. Why have I encountered them... what is there purpose?

Being that shadow people are an unclearly defined phenomenon unmeasured, being that one might have witnessed one thing and another person something else but both assume that it is the same phenomenon, midway creatures might be defined in some assumptions as shadow people.

dangerous again needing be defined, however understanding that there is no Phyiscal danger. I wouldn't assume they are trying to tell you something other then that there is something out there, but it might be that you're awakening a little more. The chance of midway creature returning is 100% but the chance of you knowing it is near null. Midway creatures work for the overcare of humanity when all is well.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Not sure this is true, but it was recommended to me to not go to the figure, even though he was signaling me to do so. It could be dangerous. Though, there was no peaceful feeling with my being, so may be something completely different.
Any ideas what mine was? Not sure I trust the source I got my original info from.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery76
Not sure this is true, but it was recommended to me to not go to the figure, even though he was signaling me to do so. It could be dangerous. Though, there was no peaceful feeling with my being, so may be something completely different.
Any ideas what mine was? Not sure I trust the source I got my original info from.

have you checked out dopplegangers yet?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Thanks for your reply...
So they cannot physically hurt me? In what sense are they dangerous?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

reply to post by Incarnated

Thanks for your reply...
So they cannot physically hurt me? In what sense are they dangerous?

Danger is one of those terms that need to be defined. One might assume psychological hurts in accordance to be defined as Dangerous. They can't hurt you in any way that you don't hurt yourself. Through your fears inteactions can take place that seem less pleasent through association with such creatures but not as a responcability of such creatures.

The Midway creatures are of the order of the same creature that would become known as "demons". However you should not assume to understand just because a number of their order became the demons of lure that those that still exist here on planet now are in any associative function with demons.

However once you become aware of the doorways leading through physical reality that such creatures use to get from here to there, sometimes, if invited, something unwanted might come through.

And as a clarification, midway creatures could physical hurt a physical being but they don't.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I usually stay away from threads/videos/sites regarding ghost and the like. For whatever reason ghosts terrify me, so much so that I got the chills just reading the op's post. Every once in awhile I'll watch a few ghost videos on youtube, but can only get through a few before I have turn it off. I don't know, I start to feel real nervous, can't stop looking over my shoulder, heart rate goes up, I don't know I hate it.

Anyway between 12 and 15 years ago I woke to what I know was a man sitting at the end of my bed and like a little kid (I wasn't) I put my head under under the blankets and somehow fell right to sleep. A few days go by and I'd convinced myself I was just seeing things.

Well my brother brings up out of nowhere that, what would have been the night after I saw something, I told no one about this btw, he hoped out of bed and grabbed his baseball bat because he saw someone standing next to his stereo. That freaked me out. My brother is in no way shape or form even remotely interested in paranormal/alternative what ever you choose to label this stuff.

I don't want to take up anymore of your thread so I'll leave it at that. oh yeah the point I was getting to. I'm 33 years old and I can't remember the last time I slept without the tv on.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Just want to throw out there that I had a very similar experience. I fell into a peaceful sleep like the one you describe. I was then able to see my entire room with my eyes cosed and I knew I was asleep and that i had just fallen asleep.

Then I saw th shadowy figure in the far end of my bed room. I was paralyzed in my ed and could not move. Fear stated building up in me and the entity came right up to th side of my bed and placed his hand on mine. As soon as I felt that I woke up.

Thou the imagery of a shadowy figure coming twords you while you are parlayed in bed is frightening...his gesture seemed harmless and peaceful. Maybe through movies we are taught to fear these beings i.e. death is a shadowy hooded creature. But I honestly feel that he meant me no harm.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join