It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humor Forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Is it possible to have a forum similar to the Mud Pit but that can discuss topics with a humorous angle. Sometimes when you crack off about something on the board people get upset that it's not being taken seriously. Well in this forum if you don't have a sense of humor don't go there. Don't know if it's possible, just throwing it out there.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Thats why we have the Jokes forum.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Ah, thank you. I was oblivious of this, I spend most of my time on ATS so I missed that. See you around, I may be busy for a while.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
O.K post more stuff in the jokes forum.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Checked it out. Cool, but can you take topics that are discussed elsewhere talk about them here. I mean when people are discussing, say Kerry's running mate, I would love to put forth Richard Simmons and go with that. If you did something like that on the board do you know how quick you would get slapped down?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Is it possible to have a forum similar to the Mud Pit but that can discuss topics with a humorous angle. Sometimes when you crack off about something on the board people get upset that it's not being taken seriously. Well in this forum if you don't have a sense of humor don't go there. Don't know if it's possible, just throwing it out there.

I think it's an awesome idea ... will you spearhead this endeavor?

It is the established consensus that you are really funny ...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0da368d31e6e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
NM

[edit on 16/1/10 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
What are 10 golf balls on a string ????? Tiger Woods Ben- Wa Balls

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Most of the threads are already humorous.

They just aren't INTENDED to be.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Probably all alien threads especially those concerning reptilians should be included in the humor forum!!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I am jokingly not going to take this post seriously. I will however seriously take this post jokingly.

I enjoy the aspect that you wish to engage fellow posters and think that sometimes moods need to be lightened. However there are those topics and threads that dictate a severe non humorous approach and it would be at the discretion of moderators to determine the difference.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
There is a thread here, something with posting postive things about the world leaders you dislike the most.

My thought was to post something about Hitler..

He had great taste in art and design
He had drawing skills
He was a vegetarian and had a wonderful greenhouse
He loved Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
He loved his dogs

Of course i did not post that.
I hope some get my point about this

[edit on 17-1-2010 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Hell yeah!! I enjoy reading the jokey or sarcastic posts, but then they get slapped. BTS can be a laugh, but ATS is sorely missing out on a sense of humor. Where else but ATS can this sum occur?

Obama
+
reptilians
+
John Lennon

= FEMA death camps for all!!

A thread like that can hit 20 pages without a smirk, smile or a chuckle

Either bring in a humor forum or encourage more silliness on the boards

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I agree, ATS is a little uptight sometimes when it comes to
humour. We discuss some of the most depressing and doom-impending topics that now and again it'd be good to bounce a few crazy ideas around.

I posted this www.abovetopsecret.com... to lighten the day.

I use BTS for light hearted relief as it were, as you say, some people get a bit riled if you inject some humour into otherwise serious threads.

Sendran.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Most of the threads are already humorous.

They just aren't INTENDED to be.

This.

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Obama
+
reptilians
+
John Lennon

= FEMA death camps for all!!

ETA: Oh yeah... I think you can still 'be humorous' in the boards that are already here, if you comply with the T&C I don't see the problem. Just because you may cop a slacking from a poster or two every now and then... who cares? Tell em' to lighten up. Some posts in this thread alone were a good laugh.

[edit on 17/1/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
That’s a great idea, some of the topics and threads here on ATS scream for some comic relief!

Sometimes I can’t help but inject some, and while a lot of fellow posters will get the dark humor I sometimes use when I do that, some of them really don’t.

I will though say sometimes I use a humorous anecdote to get to the really serious core issue that’s several layers down below the surface on some subjects where the majority of posters are just scratching the surface of the subject and missing the root causes and conspiracy angles in my opinion.

I think humor has a place in any serious discussion when used sparingly and for a purpose besides just the comic relief.

It will still be nice to have a forum where we can just goof on some of the goofier stories.

Great idea!

new topics

top topics

join