It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing Of The Guard 'Constitutional crisis' looming over Obama's birth location Alan Keyes laws

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

CHANGING OF THE GUARD 'Constitutional crisis' looming over Obama's birth location Alan Keyes lawsuit warns America may see 'usurper' in Oval Office

worldnetdaily.com

The California action was filed by Gary Kreep of the United States Justice Foundation on behalf of Alan Keyes, the presidential candidate of the American Independent Party, along with Wiley S. Drake and Markham Robinson, both California electors.

"Should Senator Obama be discovered, after he takes office, to be ineligible for the Office of President of the United States of America and, thereby, his election declared void, Petitioners, as well as other Americans, will suffer irreparable harm in that (a) usurper will be sitting as the President of the United States
, and none of the treaties, laws, or executive orders signed by him will be valid or legal," the action challenges.

California Secretary of State Debra Bowen

The petition is a request for the Superior Court of California in Sacramento County to issue a peremptory writ barring Secretary of State Debra Bowen "from both certifying to the governor the names of the California Electors, and from transmitting to each presidential Elector a Certificate of Election, until such documentary proof is produced and verified showing that Senator Obama is a 'natural born' citizen of the United States and does not hold citizenship of Indonesia, Kenya or Great Britain."

It continues with a request for a writ barring California's electors from signing the Certificate of Vote until documentary proof is produced.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11/15/2008 by sad_eyed_lady]
Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/16/2008 by Gools]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well, the issue takes a more serious spin when another Presidential candidate (Alan Keyes) files a suit with the courts. If the California Secretary of State is to be the governing body to assure that Mr. Obama meets the legal requirements to be President, so be it. A government that would let this issue go unresolved is missing a key component to the checks and balances that give it legitimacy.

Please read the article. It provides answers to much of the speculation I've seen here and warns us of the possible consequences if we don't get to the bottom of this before the inauguration.

worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I really thought this would just be made to go away but now that Alan Keyes is getting involved this could start getting some attention from the MSM. This could get interesting and this needs to be resolved before Obama takes office.

MBF

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I saw Alan Keyes on a debate a few years ago when he was running as a republican and I was impressed with him. He was the ONLY candidate that would give an answer without beating around the bush. I think he is a smart man and I hope he can get to the bottom of this situation.

[edit on 15-11-2008 by MBF]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I hope this gets resolved soon. I am curious what it will take to satisfy the detractors though? Hasn't it already been confirmed to be legitimate at least twice? I don't understand what else they can do or should be expected to do.

What will it take for people to drop this issue? My guess is that it will be like 9/11. People will only believe what they want to believe and there will be enough evidence for both sides to think that they are correct. No amount of evidence ever presented by the opposing side will ever sway their belief.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Does anyone know where I can find out exactly who would be President if Obama turns out ineligible ?

I know some say Biden would be President ..
But is there any chance at all that this could keep Bush in ?
Especially if Civil war happened over all of this ...

I have been thinking that all of this could have been the grand plan the whole time ..to start the coming martial law civil unrest situation ..(that TPTB would love to have happen) Problem,reaction,solution .

All of this is just so odd ..why didnt he just lay this to rest when he was just running as President ?Why did he go over there and have it sealed >?
Why is it still like a hanging chad persay over him right as he is about to take office ...

It all just seems strange to me....sort of like it was after 911 ..strange events that made no sense until after the Patriot Act passed and most of our rights were stripped and it became clear then as to why certain things happened ...(Like the Anthrax letters made them pass laws to go through mail etc).
Etc etc ...

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Karl, the issues specified in the suit according to the article:

"Hawaii Revised Statute 338-178 allows registration of birth in Hawaii for a child that was born outside of Hawaii to parents who, for a year preceding the child’s birth, claimed Hawaii as their place of residence," the document said. "The only way to know where Senator Obama was actually born is to view Senator Obama's original birth certificate from 1961 that shows the name of the hospital and the name and signature of the doctor that delivered him."

The case also raises the circumstances of Obama's time during his youth in Indonesia, where he was listed as having Indonesian citizenship. Indonesia does not allow dual citizenship, raising the possibility of Obama's mother having given up his U.S. citizenship.

Any subsequent U.S. citizenship then, the case claims, would be "naturalized," not "natural-born."

People are waiting to see the original certificate with the name and the signature of the doctor who delivered him so it can be ascertained that he was truly born in Hawaii. Whether his mother relinquished her U.S. citizenship is another matter to be examined.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I can't imagine why it would go to Biden. If the people voted for Obama under false pretenses, then their victory shouldn't be considered valid and Biden shouldn't get the nod. I honestly don't know how they would resolve the issue though. Bush certainly shouldn't remain in office.... what a nightmare.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

The article states "Should Senator Obama be discovered, after he takes office, to be ineligible for the Office of President of the United States of America and, thereby, his election declared void..."

Given this were the case then I don't think Biden would be eligible. Perhaps, Bush might remain President for a while. I don't think there is a precedent for this situation. Maybe it would require a new election, or McCain could be declared winner by default. Who knows? The Supreme Court may need to make a decision to untangle this can of worms.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I would be pissed if they handed it to McCain by default. They should run McCain / Palin vs the 3rd party candidates and do another election. See where the Obama voters who were duped would then vote for. It would be the best chance in history for a 3rd party to actually win.

I think that McCain would still win but I would at least like to see the results. I think the people would deserve to change their vote based on the evidence.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I absolutely LOVE Alan Keyes, I have voted for him in the past. I am also thrilled that HE, as a black conservative, is the one who has brought this lawsuit.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I agree with you. In the back of my mind I have an idea Hillary wouldn't let this slide either.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I've postulated before that Philip Berg was holding a fundraiser because he did not properly pursue recourse under the procedures of government.

Alan Keyes obviously understands how our government works. None of the anti-Obama lawsuits held any chance of being litigated.... except this one.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I personally hope that Obama meets all the requirements.. Although I am not an Obama supporter, and I do vehemently disagree with most of his policies.

I would hope that for our countrys sake that the man is actually elidigible to take office..

If not all I can foresee is massive riots from both sides...But maybe that was the plan all along... No wonder why nobody trusts our government...

[edit on 16-11-2008 by SideWynder]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Sad, this is a very interesting situation that you have raised. While many have been expecting another red flag to introduce more war or martial law could this be it. Vote in the next president who then is found not to be a born and bred American who is then removed and Adolf Bush stayes in power.

This could be very interesting indeed, as far as I am aware I dont think this has happened before so we are in no mans land but if it is true all the concerns about what will happen around 20/01/09 may very well come true. If Obama is booted out and Bush stay in the least I would expoect is nation wide rioting to start with. Yes that would be a good enough reason to declare martial law and all those forces training for such an event should have honned their skills by then.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
If Obama does get removed from office, Mr Bush would not and can not be President for a nother four years. It would be decided in a nother vote between John McCain and the thirdparty (I am not sure who that party is).

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Why am I not surprised MSM is not jumping all over this? WorldNetDaily has a vested interest in this as Jerome Corsi went to Kenya to investigate the allegation. Others in the media will have to deal with a bruised ego if the candidate they backed gets into trouble. With the Keyes lawsuit it will be hard for the media to keep this a non-issue.

Here is the court petition:

www.theindependentview.com...

page 16 states:

If indeed, Senator Obama knew that he is not eligible for
the presidency, he would be subject to California Election Code Section 18203, which states, “Any person
who files or submits for filing a nomination paper or declaration of candidacy that it or any part of it has
been made falsely is punishable by a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) or by
imprisonment in the state prison for 16 months or two or three years or by both fine and imprisonment”.
Additionally, he would be subject to California Elections Code Section 18500 that states, “Any person
who commits fraud and any person who aids or abets fraud or attempts to aid or abet fraud, in connection
with any vote cast, to be cast, or attempted to be cast, is guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment
for 16 months or two or three years”.

If this was the end result. Mr. Obama will have lost all credility and I should think this would destroy his political career aspirations. It would make a great movie though.

Ambassador Dr. Alan Keyes sure is an impressive title.

[edit on 11/16/2008 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

If there is civil unrest and marital law is declared Bush could be President for God knows how long. They better nip this thing in the bud fast. The longer it drags on the more agitated people will become.

How the Democrats could save face if Obama is found guilty of fraud I don't know. I think it will alienate a heck of alot of folks. I think gun sales will climb if the political climate is unstable, to say the least.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Gun sales are through the roof right now. A visit to your local gun shop would show you that most can't even order and get delivery in less than 6 weeks. There are no more in the pipeline to deliver.

As much as succesion of the office goes. SCOTUS can not over turn an election but candisqualify the candidate. Biden wouldbe given the nod and ask Congress to verify his pick to be his VP. If Congress doesn't verify his personal pick they pick one for him.

Zindo

typo

[edit on 11/16/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Now as long as he isn't told that he doesn't have standing to question this we might finally get the complete answer. One way or another the question of his eligibility needs to be answered.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join