It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell? - I've never seen this!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I've lived in Massachusetts my entire life (23 years), but man I have never, ever seen this.

I mean... what? A tornado watch in Massachusetts?!

This has me a bit frightened, going to keep an eye out and get ready to move the pets to the basement. I hope nothing comes of it, but it's still freaky to see this kind of severe weather warning in my area.

[edit on 15-11-2008 by JipStix]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Not being from the area I don't know anything about your weather, but it sounds fairly alarming if you haven't seen anything like it in 23 years.

Stay safe and keep us posted as to what happens.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

Don't panic, tornado watch only means that conditions are favorable, not that one has been sighted.

I don't know where you are living but they typically can't form over hilly ground or over basins.

And remember they typically form along the leading or trailing area of a thunderstorm.

Take it from me I live in Tornado Ally, just watch the radar and listen for the whistles and you'll do Okay.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
What site did you get this on? I live in CT so it may affect me as well. Is that for real? it says severe warning...the wind has been blowing really hard all day

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I know how you feel. Last spring in Indiana, we had an earthquake!
I had just woke and was taking the dogs out and assumed I was reeling from still being asleep.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Shocka, head to weather.com, and type in your town. I believe all of Massachusetts and Connecticut have warnings out, so sit tight, be observant, and keep checking up to see if a warning is issued.

For now, I'm just hanging out waiting with my dogs, watchin some T.V. If a warning is issued, im headed to the basement. I've never experienced a Tornado Watch or Warning, so I'm not taking any chances.

[edit on 15-11-2008 by JipStix]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

Great Barrington had one in late 90s'. Not common but they do happen.

[edit on 15-11-2008 by badgerprints]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Yea Tornado's can certainly scare a person.

In Tulsa, Oklahoma they have Tornado sirens. They are loud.

Funny thing is when they go off everyone comes outside to see if they can see a Tornado.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Haha, same here.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What do they sound like, like what sort of sound would I hear if one's near me?

A low rumbling sound like a freight train?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

same here in Missouri. I'm guilty of it. And FYI tornados can form anywhere in the world if the conditions are right. Just some places are more prone to have them than others.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Call me ignorant, but I had no idea that the New England region never has tornado watches and/or warnings.

I live in tornado alley...we average a handful of good storms with those tornado sirens going off each year.

I actually thought this thread was a joke at first, but I can understand the panic if you have never experienced a tornado watch or warning before.

From my personal experience living in Chicago, Kansas, and Missouri, a watch only means conditions are "favorable" for the possibility of a tornado to develop...but all in all, things are usually fine.

Keep us posted though if something does develop.

[edit on 15-11-2008 by MOFreemason]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
ah, the magnificent wonders of HAARP...

but wait no it's an act of god making the cliiiimate chaaange.. lulz
better start prayin.

-

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
True story.

When i was living in Broken Arrow Oklahoma, fresh from the farm in Canada, we had a big storm coming.

Everybody talked about it and i was sort of getting reved up about it so as soon as I got home I put together a battery powered radio, sardines, fresh water etc etc.

Then I had a practice drill with my two girls.

All of a sudden the Tornado Siren went off like a incoming siren.

I grabbed three hockey helmets, one for me and the other two for my girls and got them under the stairs. I went under and turned on the radio.

I waited a minute, told the girls to wait and went outside to move my truck when I saw my neighbours out drinking a beer and watching the approaching storm. (it had quit raining for a bit)

These two old boys took one look at me with my hockey helmet on and spit beer...........they still remind me of it when i see them.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
We got hit pretty hard here in NC just last evening. This is certainly not normal for this time of year.

Hunker down, and stay safe!

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I have never been in an area that experiences tornaodo warnings, but I can imagine how unsettling it is.

I too, am noticing strange patterns in weather for my area. I am used to snow in November, but tonight, it looks like a January storm.

Keep monitoring your weather, and keep us posted.

HAARP eh? Interesting

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Oh jeez, I can hardly wait for tornado warnings here in western WA. Not cool. Hopefully a mistake.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Helpmefindtheway, what the heck are those lights? Are they jets or something?

I think they just lifted the tornado watch for my area, thank god, I honestly was about to crap myself...

Hopefully it stays lifted, yikes... thanks for the advice and such!

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
No, thats the view of the highway. Its a 6 lane highway and you can just barely make out headlights from cars in the snow storm

Like I said, really strange

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Well, all joking aside, if you are having a storm take cover.

Unlike my old lady who laughs at me when a siren goes off I still take cover when needed.

Old habits are hard to brake. lol

Best place is under stairwell or bathtub.....basement is very good if you have them or a root celler.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join