It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brown clouds over Asia pose new threat to planet: UN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

A brown haze of soot, particles and chemicals that hangs over parts of Asia is darkening cities, melting glaciers in the Himalayas and making weather systems more extreme, the United Nations said Thursday.

Interesting how they mention this could be masking the warming by deflecting the sunlight, making it appear that the earth is actually cooling.

I just wish all of these scientists would get together and finally decide what is actually happening warming or cooling...

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hmm, sounds like another excuse from the global warming brigade, man ad global warming from c02 is losing its legs, masking the warming indeed, the planet is cooling currently, becuause the SUN is so inactive, global warming is a HOAX!!!!!

[edit on 15-11-2008 by Outlawstar]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Thats amazing! The pictures look like something out of comic book portraying the future. 25% decreased sun light! I knew it was bad out there but that is truly amazing destruction.

I was just writing up a thread about the HAB(Harmful Algol Blooms) in our oceans. So we have the oceans being destroyed, our Air tainted, and new volcanoes erupting at a ever increasing rate.

Would someone build this Tetrahedral Sphere and start reversing this cycle haha

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It's called "climate change" now just to be on the safe side.

And wait, it's masking the warming but at the same time causing glaciers in the Himalayas to melt? Wouldn't the dark color of the clouds actually trap more energy near ground level and reflect less energy? Or, is it reflecting the energy back and heating higher altitudes?

Sure, this is bad and for the benefit of health must be cleaned up but it shouldn't be exploited to push the carbon footprint deception on everyone.

top topics

join