It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frazer on verge of skin cancer vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Frazer on verge of skin cancer vaccine

news.ninemsn.com.au

Former Australian of the Year Professor Ian Frazer is on the verge of creating the world's first skin cancer vaccine.

The pioneering scientist, who discovered a vaccine for cervical cancer, has revealed the skin cancer vaccine could be ready within the next five to 10 years, News Limited reports.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
For those that Don't know the work of Ian Frazer Check the additional link I've provided. This man has been doing some remarkable work for a while now.

Could cancer be the thing of the past in 10 years time? I hope so, particularly skin cancer, which is massive here in Australia.

Everyone should keep an eye on this guys work, he may save you or someone you knows life.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-11-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Vaccine? That means some Pharmaceutical company will make gobs of money marketing it as part of healthcare maintenance. An insurance policy against skin cancer.

Enough already. Bring on the cures. Oh yeah, not as much money in that...

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Yeah I can see your point but it's better than nothing and it's a start in the right direction.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Cool, nice to see scientist's in the southern Hemisphere are working on cures for diseases instead of new weapons to kill people.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
was this guy involved in the development of Guardasil?

-

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
To nitpick, this is porbably not a vaccine for cancer itself--that is impossble--but for diseases that can increase on'es risk of contracting cancer.

That is the scam, er, idea behind Gardasil so I will assume that it is the same here, since it's the same guy.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

I guess he is:

In 2005 Frazer and his research groups undertook clinical study of a vaccine against human papillomavirus, which was 100% effective in preventing common cervical cancers caused by the virus types covered by the vaccine. One version of the vaccine named Gardasil, has been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration and has been approved for use in the European Union. Ian Frazer personally administered the first publicly available injection of the vaccine in Australia in August 2006.[1] He is also involved in a large clinical trial taking place in Australia and China of a therapeutic vaccine against genital warts.[2]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Then it's hard for me to beleive that this isn't just another moneymaking scam.

I can see this going over expecially well in Australia, i have heard they have very high skin cancer rates there.

The more we vaccinate ourselvs, the sicker a species we become.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
reply to post by Chadwickus

Then it's hard for me to beleive that this isn't just another moneymaking scam.

I can see this going over expecially well in Australia, i have heard they have very high skin cancer rates there.

The more we vaccinate ourselvs, the sicker a species we become.

Agreed but cancer is so prevalent now a days people would jump at the fact for a so called "vaccination". Relying on vaccines causes the body to make memory cells against that specific strain. People believe they are completely immune to the disease. Not only does do the memory cells die after 20-25 years you are also susceptible to the another strain of the disease. Which may be worse than the one you were vaccinated for 20 years prior.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ign0rant

That critical fact was left out of the article.
It is not a CANCERvaccine but a vaccination against rather benign strains that will, over time, have a devestating effect on our immune systems.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

The last part is speculation only.

There is no proof that this vaccine will have any ill effects, which is why it's being brought forward.

new topics

top topics

join