It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human ancestors born big brained

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Human ancestors born big brained

news.bbc.co.uk

A new Homo erectus fossil suggests that females had large, wide pelvises in order to deliver large-brained babies.

Being born with a larger brain meant our ancestor became independent far more quickly than modern human infants.

The new finding, published in Science magazine, conflicts with earlier ideas that suggest they had a tall, thin body shape adapted for running.

Homo erectus is thought to be the first human-like creature to move out of Africa to colonise the world.

The now extinct hominid species may also have been the first to control fire.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Could this be a step forward in finding the missing link??

Uhm and the story says something about the head being bigger so making the infants "faster learners" then modern day infants ??? Any biologists here who could clarify this for the common horde?? Maybe i'm wrong but would a big headed infant result in a bigger headed adult then Homo Sapien ???
and correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't the human brain hold somewhat perfect proportions in size and distance between the different parts in the brain ????

But anyway this could be a great find and yet another one who proves how little we know of ourselves and our early ancestors

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join