It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chase credit card: Spend, spend, spend!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have a Chase credit card and I got an interesting form letter in the mail today. They are waiving over-limit fees for the next three billing cycles. The letter reiterates that over and over, sometimes in bold.

All this says to me is...hey consumers, spend, spend, and spend some more! We want-- oops, we NEED-- your money!!!

It's just begging for a lot of very irresponsible buying habits...

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
sure they haven't decreased your credit limit to under what you owe.....and they are just giving you three months not bring your balance down to your new limit? sorry, I am just kind of getting a tad bit edgy about all this now, it's gotten to the point where nothing would surpise me...so, well, having a thousand dollar credit card suddenly turn into one with a $500 limit when you own $700 on it, who knows...they could probably do it, and then demand you get that credit card down in so much time before they start charging you for being over you limit...

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Excellent suggestion, I logged on and checked my account and my limit is still the same, and I don't even have 1/4 of my limit used up on that card. In fact I rarely use it except for a recent purchase of some car parts when I was visiting relatives a few states away. I usually pay for everything in cash, so maybe Chase got excited when they saw me spend $700 in one weekend! Heck, as far as I am concerned I was just helping out my family, they can pay me back later.

I called my brother, who also has a Chase card, he got the same letter in the mail. His balance is zero and has never been more than a hundred dollars or so.

join