It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mirrors Edge.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm currently downloading the "Mirror's Edge" demo onto my 360, for free from the market place.

Can't wait to see what it's like to play.

Anyone else here waiting to play this game.

You can get the demo on PS3 too.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
FMV looks stunning, thought it was only on PS3, if is on xbox360 thats wicked!!

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It's only being avertised on TV by PS3, exactly what happened with Assasins Creed.

But yes it is definatly on 360.
www.mirrorsedge.com...

FMV??? Not sure what that means.

Full motion video, is that what you mean?

How does it fit into this game, i'd never heard of FMV before now.

Download currently at 16%, 1006.43MB, gonna take alittle while but i'll be sure to tell you what it's like.

[edit on 15-11-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
ITs the computerised animation, i.e in the case of this game the advert.

I'm off to down load it too , whahoo!

[edit on 15-11-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Wow, this seems like it will be a great game.

The demo includes full training and one mission, it's kinda short but well worth the tryout.

Anyone who's followed this game will recognise the mission from the clips, and the clips really were in-game footage.

There's some real tension too, when trying to run away from cops which is great.

I haven't been able to kick guns out of anyones hands but you can disarm them and take their guns, i'm guessing you learn moves throughout gameplay.

It doesn't look like we'll ever be-able to touch the ground, apart from when falling to your death, which is real fun, but the rooftops are cool.

It looks like if you put the time in to learn stuff you'll be able to pull some real stylish moves and timing will be everything, specially in disarming moves.

Graphics look great, even the wavy hair on your own shadow had me dribbiling, let alone the city scape.

I really can't wait to buy the full version.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I have never had a game give me motion sickness before, but this looks like it could do it. Just watching the commercial for it almost makes me dizzy.

I don't think I would enjoy it.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Motion Sickness is coming.
Won't buy it but it is an amazing game. But I don't need a trash can in my room just for the results of playing this game lol.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Interesting read in Wired about the game making people sick.

www.wired.com...

Why does this game get its hooks into my brain so effectively? Why does it feel so much more visceral?

I think it's because Mirror's Edge is the first game to hack your proprioception.

That's a fancy word for your body's sense of its own physicality — its "map" of itself. Proprioception is how you know where your various body parts are — and what they're doing — even when you're not looking at them. It's why you can pass a baseball from one hand to another behind your back; it's how you can climb stairs without looking down at your feet.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Damn.... I so cant wait for this game to come out on the PC. It looks like such a cool game
. Good thing is that I never end up getting sick playing these games.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Game looks cool.

Don't know how interested I am in it though. Doesn't really look like my kind of game.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Just bought it! Am about to insert it right now! Installing required game data... Loading, cool intro. Set unit to imperial not metric, setting too easy for now... Training for now. Meeting Celeste. Ok, tight walking is hard... Wow the zipline is fast! Now have to get over barbed wire... Bleh, skipping training want to get to the action! Ok, another intro. A DICE Productions, Mirror's Edge. Game is in control. Beautiful graphics like before. "Financial District 1:58" Died, damn. I fell went splat. Splat again. I ahte this tightrope stuff. Crap cops are shooting at me! Ok, delivered a bag to Celeste. Ooo she said the S word! But now they have a helicopter on me! Dead. Dead. I have to grab the bottom of the helicopter and swing to next building. Finally, and it is a cut scene, you see yourself on the side of the building. I earned two trophies! But apparantly they weren't supposed to be shooting, was supposed to be a low key mission. Edit. I played this first mission for my mom to see and she is absolutely stunned. Graphics, game play, ho fast paced it is. I didn't even die since I knew what I was doing this time. Man this game is fun! And I got a new trophy, untouchable for the cops never touched me. I touched one though, hard, with my fist lol.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by GamerGal]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Ok, second mission My sister, Kate, is in trouble. You go to this huge building. It turns out a friend of our dad was killed, with her gun! Kate is a cop! But now I have to get out because the unfriendly kind are coming. Aw, just hugged Kate but time to go. They're every where! I have to find a way out! Damn, corenered and shot. Again. Got out and now running with a helicopter after me! I made it between two building but keep falling! Made it, in another building, taking the elevator and not out of the fire yet! In the news building and the news? Runner runs from murder scene! That's me! Splat. Need to run wall across a gap... Splat. Splat. Splat. Splat. Geting annoyed... Splat! MADE IT! But more gun fire crap. I died and back again no!!!! Splat. Ok made it. Slide, cops! Run, run, subway, out! Ok up to a rail system. Sliding and land through a glass ceiling! But made it, over. And more S word.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Third Mission, damn helicopter is on my ass again! But now in a room with different pipes each one longer then the next. Need to climb one then jump to the next climb higher and repeat untill I get to the venilation shaft. Made it. Outside now, bleh, stupid helicopter. WOW! LOOOOOONG fall then splat. Splat again. SPLAT! I need to grab this ledge and just miss it. Ok made it. Now going down the "storm" drain. Have to swing to two pipes then a ledge. Do the pipe swing to ledge again. Another pipe swing but this time to a different pipe that I can climb down. Repeat. Damn, fell and splat. SPLAT! Had to do a wall run across a gap in a round tube. Stuck, don't know what to do... Wait button panel back a ways, gotta get it. Eeww a rat. Well, I am in the sewers. A run up the wall, turn and jump to grab a ladder then another bar swing. Ok need to get to the exit waaay high up. Jump and catch a ladder. Jump a couple gaps... Been warned the cops may come down here. Sniper team! Laser sight lets me know where they are but that's not much help. Punch a sniper in the way, then three abr swings to get across a gap. Oops... Not supposed to jump there... Zipline away! Crawl across the wall to a door. Oooo a water slide. All this to find a guy named Jackknife? Splat... Ok pipe climb time! Splat... Turn a valve off so I can jump across. Activate Crane and run! Cops! Stuck, don't know what to do. Ok beat up the cops, use triangle to pick a shotgun up but I beat them up already so no point. Now that I have time I look around, see where I'm supposed to go. Now I need to chase Jackknife but he's too fast! Splat. Finally caught him, cut scene, he falls and is knocked out I just need to find a way to get to him. Made it and caught him. Guy is a meanie! But the mission is over. And that is all for tonight! I hope you all enjoy my telling of the first three missions!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
4th. Mission! Wow this is a long one. But my mission is to get to these cranes. Crawl through some vents and see a guy talking about how he set up my sister. I jump down after he leaves and find a hand gun! I go into the lobby, nice place. Climb up the waterfall displays they have and see why I have a gun. To jump across I need to break the glass. So I do and thats when the cops show up. I run through the halls, beat them up, and keep running, climbing, and more running. Outside, helicopter again! Roff top jumps, slide, jump, bars to climb. I have to get to these cranes. Scaffolding time! Helicopter still on me. A couple wall runs to get up to the next level. Oh man, I have to grab the ledge and crawl slowly with a helicopter shooting at me! made it. Run to the end and a cops shows up. I punch him and... He falls off, splat goes him. I keep running through the maze of scaffolding. Ok, on a roof now, cops! I beat one up and take his shotgun. Time for my first kill. Bye bye other cop. Ok, now I have to climb this crane, run, and jump to another one. Funny message from guy keeping an eye on me about spilling his coffee after seeing what I did. But almost there now, there's the door! Mission complete. Ok, enough of the walkthrough from me! I'll keep playing and hope others buy this great game!

[edit on 22-11-2008 by GamerGal]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The game is out already?

It looks awesome from the demo, the take downs are my favorite.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
It does look like a great game and one of the reasons i have to get a PS3.Didn't know it was for 360 though....

new topics

top topics

join