It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory on FEMA Camps, Executive Orders, Martial Law & Colorado Land Grab

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I have a theory that doesn’t involve extraterrestrials or some nefarious plot by the federal government to suspend the constitution, but does explain many of the weird events that have been occurring in past months.

These include:

· Ominous warnings from world leaders of an imminent disaster, with a possible timeframe of late January
· Creation of FEMA camps
· Executive Orders giving the POTUS extensive powers in a national emergency
· Orchestrating the use of the military inside the US and the possible declaration of martial law
· The federal government taking over huge tracts of land in Colorado, and the Queen of England buying land in Colorado
· The G20 meeting being held in the US
· Cities large and small preparing for mass civil unrest, the government funding riot gear for law enforcement
· The “bad feeling” many people are having that goes beyond the economy

If you look at this, it sounds like the PTB are aware of some disaster heading our way, but don’t seem to be doing anything about it. We aren’t hearing much of anything through the MSM, either.

It seems that whatever “it” might be, it is an event global in scale, somewhat predictable, but unpreventable.

Since we do not see much in the way of preparations, other than disaster drills in various cities, we know that either the location of the event cannot be predicted, or will be so large, it will effect everyone. Based on so many other world leaders being aware of this, we have to assume it is global in nature.

Now, there are very few events that have global implications. A super volcano is one, but predicting an eruption event would mean scientists were probably aware of the disaster weeks or even months ahead of time. A smaller eruption wouldn’t have a worldwide disastrous effect, and usually involves evacuating people in the immediate vicinity. There would be no reason to keep that secret. Even if a super volcano erupted, there would be few left alive and little anyone could do afterward. So that doesn’t fit.

Whatever it is, it’s unprecedented.

Some type of collision with a space object is another possibility, but there would be so many people aware of it that keeping it secret would be next to impossible. Every amateur astronomer would be screaming about it.

The fact is that whatever “it” is, the PTB have been able to keep it secret which leads me to believe that very few scientists are aware of it. That means that either there are a limited number of researchers with information on the event, or in that field of study, or the event is occurring in a place that is, for all intents and purposes, “inaccessible.”

Those who do know about it are likely few and on the government payroll. Or, they don’t have contact with others.

Also, there is some reason to keep it secret, and that must be because there is nothing that can be done to prevent the loss of lives.

Then, on October 22, you have the latest disturbing news that Homeland Security has declared a 100-mile border around the US as a “constitution free zone”.

Image here: www.aclu.org...
Now look at the map of the purported FEMA camps:

Image here: static.scribd.com...
You’ll see that most of the camps lie within this 100-mile border. You’ll notice that Hawaii’s FEMA camp is located high up in the hills.

There’s something going on, we all know it. Most people assume it’s a New World Order type of conspiracy, but what if it was something else? What if what the government was doing was actually trying to look out for our best interests, but they were screwing it up as bureaucracies are known to do?

So what natural disaster fits this scenario?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The ice shelf of Antarctica slipping into the ocean and flooding the world’s coastline. . . .

Specifically, the Pine Island Glacier could be ready to calve. It would be predictable, there is current data, and it would be global in nature. It also fits all the ominous warnings.

There’s been a lot of interest in Antarctica, the federal government has been funding months long research on the western portion of the continent by a handful of scientists, and there is now a theory that the land mass under the ice is actually volcanically active. As in hot. As in melts ice.

Now, I know we’ve been hearing about global warming, but this is different. Greenland is like an ice cube already floating in the ocean. If it melts, sea levels do not rise. It screws up the currents and all that, but it isn’t an imminent disaster.

Antarctica, on the other hand, is a giant sheet of ice, several miles thick, over a landmass. Ice in that quantity slipping into the ocean is like dropping a big ice cube into a glass of water – it raises the level.

When the sea level rises, the coastal areas are flooded. A three-foot rise would be devastation on a scale hardly believable.

Should this happen, the US and every other landmass would experience flooding where ¾ of the population resides – along the coastlines.

Imagine Hurricane Katrina on a global scale. Imagine what the loss of all those ports would mean to international trade.

This would account for the PTB understanding the nature of the disaster, the likely timing and still be unable to address it. It would be impossible to evacuate all the coastlines in the world

It sort of fits, doesn’t it?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
hers a good theory.. read my thread.. It's odd that it's all tying in.. Im fearful of what is coming.
ATS Thread

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Very good post and interesting theory. It does add up and make sense.

It would also make some sense of how horribly inadeqate the news coverage was of the hurricane that hit Texas this past year. To the PTB the devastation there would be so small compared to the possible devestation you describe and that they may be aware of.

...... hmm...... it would also add into what the webot guys predicted and why one of them (in Texas) is building a boat.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The way I see it, these actions by our government are not directed at any particular event. I think it comes down to two factors:

1. The centralization and concentration of a disproportionate amount of power and wealth into the hands of a few, known as the power elite;

2. The progression of history

There isn't a grand conspiracy behind it or anything, as you say, nor is it in preparation for anything big. Rather, this is the result of an American state that has turned into a society where the power elite has the ability to carry out their duties and maintain their high place in society however they see fit. They are limited of course; in no way are they omnipotent or omniscient as the NWO conspiracists say. However, they do have the clout and money to not only set up FEMA camps, but to legitimize them as well.

A lot of this is very reactionary as well, a reaction to the threats they see posed against the U.S. due to historical circumstances and events.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelmaLu

If you look at this, it sounds like the PTB are aware of some disaster heading our way, but don’t seem to be doing anything about it. We aren’t hearing much of anything through the MSM, either.

It seems that whatever “it” might be, it is an event global in scale, somewhat predictable, but unpreventable.

Since we do not see much in the way of preparations, other than disaster drills in various cities, we know that either the location of the event cannot be predicted, or will be so large, it will effect everyone. Based on so many other world leaders being aware of this, we have to assume it is global in nature.

Now, there are very few events that have global implications.

Also, there is some reason to keep it secret, and that must be because there is nothing that can be done to prevent the loss of lives.

While I applaude your exercise in logic, I can't subscribe to your vision of a benevolent government. All you have to do is look over original documentation and MSM headlines over the past 8 years to know that we-aren't-in-Kansas-any-more. Can you honestly loook at a picture of Bush, Cheney, et. al. and tell me you trust these people??

If there's a disaster coming, other than the intentional economic meltdown, rest assured TPTB are behind it. My money is on 9/11 redux -- biological, chemical or nuclear.

Was that 5 nukes or 6 missing from storage? Was that 5 nukes recovered?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Maybe government isn't 100% evil. Perhaps there are extenuating circumstances we don't know about.

My theory doesn't mean that the PTB are benevolent and kind, but perhaps the issue is that we're going to see a mass migration of individuals from the coastlines to inland. And better than having them descend on the rest of us, maybe they shuttle them to a FEMA camp, maybe they deploy the military to keep crime down, maybe they have decided to move the capitol to Colorado.

Surely, it's better than doing nothing. Hurricane Katrina showed us how many people will behave in an natural disaster. It wasn't pretty.

Yes, we still have this ungodly war in the Middle East, the economy sucks, we've had the largest transfer of wealth in the history of the free world. I'm not disputing that. Nor am I disputing that our present administration is lame, but what I am trying to do is connect the dots beyond just lumping it under a general NWO conspiracy.

Should we just accept that it's all due to the agenda of the ruling elite and not look at other possible motives?

And what if my theory is correct? If you were given that same information, would you notify people knowing that 3/4 of the population of the planet lives near the coasts? Would people believe the government? Since people fail to evacuate in a hurricane, would they do so without any proof? I don't think so.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousATS
While I applaude your exercise in logic, I can't subscribe to your vision of a benevolent government. All you have to do is look over original documentation and MSM headlines over the past 8 years to know that we-aren't-in-Kansas-any-more. Can you honestly loook at a picture of Bush, Cheney, et. al. and tell me you trust these people??

The question is not whether we can trust these people or not, but rather why you would not trust these people. Undoubtedly, we live in dangerous times and the U.S. government is not all that it is cracked up to be. Hwoever, if we examine these events closely as well as the organizational and social layout of our government, we see that there's no reason to think our government is actively carrying out a policy of harming of the American people. Rather, it is overzealousness, disconnect, and incompetence that is causing this.

If the U.S. government is truly carrying out some diabolical conspiracy, as you say, why would they do it? What would they gain from such a risky move?

If there's a disaster coming, other than the intentional economic meltdown, rest assured TPTB are behind it. My money is on 9/11 redux -- biological, chemical or nuclear.

There is no evidence for any of that. There really is no conspiracy. Such statements like the one above only shield the brutal reality of economic/financial crisis and terrorism.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Very interesting post. I agree that a flood would be one explination to the 100 mile zone thats been erected.

But I ask this, partly because I am still in the B.C.* part of my day and not entirely with it yet; Did we ever recover the lost nuke that there were rumblings about? Was that a hoax or fact? I heard we abandoned the search. Could it be that one of our enemies got it first?

*B.C.= Before Coffee

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Any number of different unexpected events could tip the scales into chaos. Yes, we do live in dangerous times. The standard of living most people expect and the quality of life most people are used to could change in just a few days.

I've been concerned for the past several years that a highly contagious, deadly virus could require everyone to stay home. People stay home for too many consecutive days and then need massive food supplies and a distribution network to deal with that. If one is unlucky enough to live in a quarantined "hot zone", things would be even worse than the general "stay home" order.

While I don't have a lot of resources to "stock up" on survival supplies in a hurry, I am trying to bring home more canned goods every time I grocery shop.

Almost everyone on ATS senses that we're in for some pretty bad times ahead. One great thing about ATS is that we can share news and rumors and sometimes connect the dots through collective analyses.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Very interesting thread.

I admit, the whole FEMA camp thing confused me. I had been explaining it under disaster preparedness. They'd need locations like this in the event of a major regional event.
But then I considered why these places haven't been used before, during Hurricane Katrina, other events since, or right now with the LA Fires where thousands are evacuating.

I've not seen any of these places being used for what I have been thinking they were made for, despite the obvious need for them to be used in these cases.

And I hadn't heard about the 100 mile zone. Are none of you worried about that?
I'd like to see a link to evidence of that before I really comment on it, but what are the benefits for the military or government in this action?
Does it allow them to act toward their citizens while disregarding civil rights? Would it allow them to militarize that zone?

It's an interesting scenario you have imagined, and a very realistic one too. But I have to say I don't see any action being taken anywhere else in the world. If this event occurred most of London would be wiped out. There doesn't seem to be any preparations for this taking place here.

Nonetheless, it is more realistic to me than a NWO scenario.
And you're right, we shouldn't all just jump on the idea that a government has nasty plans for us. Maybe they are sincere and trying to save people from something. At the very least, we should give more possibilities a thorough discussion.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Maybe government isn't 100% evil. Perhaps there are extenuating circumstances we don't know about.

My theory doesn't mean that the PTB are benevolent and kind, but perhaps the issue is that we're going to see a mass migration of individuals from the coastlines to inland. And better than having them descend on the rest of us, maybe they shuttle them to a FEMA camp, maybe they deploy the military to keep crime down, maybe they have decided to move the capitol to Colorado.

Surely, it's better than doing nothing. Hurricane Katrina showed us how many people will behave in an natural disaster. It wasn't pretty.

Should we just accept that it's all due to the agenda of the ruling elite and not look at other possible motives?

I hope that you are right - but - knowing US Government history I don't think it's likely. Check out this vid where HR 8791 "Homeland Terrorism Prepardness Bill" is being announced. The description of the bill starts with specifiying threat sceneros -- and ends with the Constitution being rewritten as the ruling class are in bunkers.

www.youtube.com...

It's far from certain, but these actions could very easily be the setup for yet another false-flag mass depopulation event, followed by a new Constitution and most likely a North American Union. If it is, I can only hope that some patriot lobs a nuke in the bunkers before the doors are closed.....

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If the "disaster" were coastal flooding of epic proportions, wouldn't they build camps toward the center of the continent?

The zone around our boarder could indicate something happening that might cause a migration into the country or out.
If, say, Colorado was to become of high importance might we see another "ring" of activity? Suggesting an inner security perimeter being established.

Has anyone look for anything odd going on at any of our "closed" military bases, like Fort McClellan, AL? It was were the MP's trained and the Army's chemical weapons school?

Has anyone heard of the govt, or otherwise buying up a lot of gold/silver/copper and storing it in the Colorado area?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I have a very extensive view of what's going to happen in the next 20 years or so, but I'll just address something the OP said:

There’s something going on, we all know it. Most people assume it’s a New World Order type of conspiracy, but what if it was something else? What if what the government was doing was actually trying to look out for our best interests, but they were screwing it up as bureaucracies are known to do?

Its rare to see such an enlightened comment amongst all the tin foil dirvel on ATS. That's all it is, the effect that a bureaucracy saddled with organizational complexity and disproportionate amounts of power and wealth has on society at large. Like Roosevelt said, we have nothing to fear but fear itself. We have challenges and significant obstacles ahead, but its nothing to fear. Its our world at work.

As for the FEMA camps, I want to point out something that popped up on GlobalSecurity.org recently. There are no details, but they just updated the list of U.S. military OPLANs:

Operation Plans [OPLAN]

The thing I want to bring attention to is the number of OPLANs that have been developed for use by NORTHCOM in the event of a contingency.

- CONPLAN 0500–02 NORTHCOM (CBRNE Consequence Management)
- CONPLAN 2400 NORTHCOM (Emergency Preparedness in the National Capital Region)
- CONPLAN 2501 NORTHCOM (Defense Support of Civil Authorities)
- CONPLAN 2502 NORTHCOM (Civil Disturbance Operations)
- FUNCPLAN 2505 NORTHCOM (Nuclear Weapons Accident Response)
- CONPLAN 2591 NORTHCOM (Pandemic Influenza)
- CONPLAN 2707 NORTHCOM (Caribbean Mass Migration)

Clearly, NORTHOM is a new unified command authority, but due to its mission, its been gaining a lot of steam during the decade. The titles of each plan pretty much clearly lays out the challenges the state sees the U.S> potentially having to deal with in the future. Some are pretty obivous (the possibility of WMD attacks, emergencies in the nation's capital, civil unrest). However, there are some that are rather unusual, such as CONPLAN 2591, which appears to be a framework on how to deal with H5N1 or just an influenza pandemic in general. This may be something the FEMA camps are intended for. If health care is going to become that big of a problem in the future, and if pandemic influenza is that real of a threat, then we may face a situation where the country may not be able to help all those in need. As a result, these camps may be a way of containing those infected while protecting the rest of the population.

Caribbean mass migration was a shocker. Does this imply a lot of people from the Caribbeans will be migrating to the U.S., or perhaps vice versa? I just don't see why this is considered as a possible contingency scenario.

Either way, I see FEMA camps, executive orders, martial law, and Colorado land grab as being sinister in its effects, but not in its intent.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinman67
If the "disaster" were coastal flooding of epic proportions, wouldn't they build camps toward the center of the continent?

The vast majority of FEMA camps are inside the 100-mile zone of the coastlines. (map links in the OP)

The reason that they would not be located further inland is due to the difficulty in moving a large population more than that. Ever see traffic during a hurricane? That's an event that is forewarned, predicted, and people still can't get their act together to evacuate in an orderly manner. Now, imagine something bigger and more unpredictable.

The government would have to deal with those people in some fashion. I can see that under that scenario, the people who were left were the unprepared, incapable or just plain stupid and dangerous. Obviously, anyone with any sort of resources would head to a friend's home or relative's beyond the disaster area. You then have those people with little or no resources, the injured, etc.

What would you do with them? What would you do with millions of them?

Think about that for a moment. What would be the best method for dealing with millions of displaced people? You would have to declare martial law and literally force the unaffected population to absorb that population. You may have to force people to house, feed and clothe others that are complete strangers. And you probably have to do it at the end of a gun because there would be mass civil unrest under that scenario.

Those that are unsuitable for placement would probably be shuttled off to FEMA camps. And remember, you'd have to evacuate prison populations, mental hospitals, county and city jails, etc. How are you going to handle that?

That is how I would pose this question to you. If you were in charge, you knew the Pine Island Glacier (PIG) or Thwaites Glacier was going to raise sea levels, and there may or may not be a tsunami associated with it, but you'd have flooding of 5 miles along the entire coastline, how would you prepare a nation to deal with that? What would you do if 2 million people were displaced overnight?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Its rare to see such an enlightened comment amongst all the tin foil dirvel on ATS. That's all it is, the effect that a bureaucracy saddled with organizational complexity and disproportionate amounts of power and wealth has on society at large. Like Roosevelt said, we have nothing to fear but fear itself. We have challenges and significant obstacles ahead, but its nothing to fear. Its our world at work.

If *this* is your world at work, you sure live in a dark place. Here's some more tin-foil stuff, dealing *only* with this single administration:

1) participation in the biggest false flag operation in history

2) hanged the (CIA-planted) president of Iraq for refusing to follow Washington's orders

3) they have clearly increased the numbers of anti-western recruits
around the world

4) murdered a million+ people in Iraq

5) the (un)Patriot Acts, the Military Commissions Act and others

6) Bush's refusal to follow the law thru "signing statements"

7) waging aggressive war

8) collective punishment

9) using WMD on a civilian population (DU)

10) kidnapping (rendition)

11) kidnapping family members of suspected resistance members

12) torture/aiding an abetting torture

13) murder of Iraqi detainees - action.aclu.org...

14) secret prisons

15) Gitmo

16) an on-the-ground policy of assault, battery, theft and destruction
of personal property of Iraqi civilians

17) free speech zones

18) no-fly lists which amounts to federal control of airlines

19) massive fraud without consequences - read www.rollingstone.com...

20) destroyed prosecution files for Enron and other frauds in WTC 7.

21) pentagon's missing 2.3 trillion forgotten (Rumsfield 9/10/2001 press conference)

22) a significant portion of the 363 tons (not a misprint) of paper currency sent to Iraq simply "disappeared"

23) the official hoax known as the "9/11 commission"

24) making terrorist threats against Iran

25) engaging in terrorism by cutting underwater internet/communications cables in the Mediterranean after Iran opened an internet-based oil borse.

26) the number three man at the State Department facilitated the release of men from custody after 911 so "they would not spill the beans"

27) engaging in a nuclear black market with Israel and Turkey.

28) and of course massive wholesale drug smuggling is still occuring. Have you heard that one of the CIA's rendition jets crashed with several tons of coc aine?

There's more. Much more. There's very *little* legitimate about this administration.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by VelmaLu

That hundred mile zone covers areas that are not coastal. My guess is that it is to keep the people of the US from leaving by car or on foot.

May I give my impression? I think the US is going to try to take out Iran and then in short order to take out Russia. There is no way to prevent being nuked in this case. This is spit balling on my part, but I just don't thing it has anything to do with flooding or hurricanes.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

When the sea level rises, the coastal areas are flooded. A three-foot rise would be devastation on a scale hardly believable.

Should this happen, the US and every other landmass would experience flooding where ¾ of the population resides – along the coastlines.

Does anyone know of a map that would show the new coastlines if the water were to rise three feet? It would be helpful if you could zoom in to see exactly how far inland the water would come in specific areas.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Interactive map:

flood.firetree.net...,-101.6015&z=13&m=7

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by VelmaLu

I' think an asteroid seems to be the most likely event. I cannot think of another natural disaster that can actually be predicted. Is it a given that most of the astronomy field would know or even share the info? How many scientists would have access to the detection equipment? Could the community keep such a finding secret?

the only other idea would be if the poles flipped, but I don't think they can predict that with any certainy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join