It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warning: We are actually heading towards a new Ice Age, claim scientists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yes, I stole the headline from, well, the title of the article.

It has plagued scientists and politicians for decades, but scientists now say global warming is not the problem.

We are actually heading for the next Ice Age, they claim.
And what's more, the experts blame the global change on falling - rather than climbing - levels of greenhouse gases.

Lead author Thomas Crowley from the University of Edinburgh and Canadian colleague William Hyde say that currently vilified greenhouse gases – such as carbon dioxide – could actually be the key to averting the chill.

The warning, published in the authoritative journal Nature, is based on records of tiny marine fossils and the earth’s shifting orbit.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I'm not sure what to make of this. I personally don't believe CO2 is the main cause of global warming, and even if I did think it was, I don't think the "falling" CO2 levels are to blame. How are the CO2 levels dropping?

[edit on 15-11-2008 by flyindevil]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What happened to global warming? I mean we have as Nobel peace prize and even a movie or 2 about it, not counting countless videos on youtube.

There are new world mandates to follow and all the money just waiting to spend on these mandates to stop global warming.

An ice age just isn't possible, can't they pass a law to stop it? Just like they did for global warming.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It's basic.

1. We are headed into an ice age 500-1000 years from now.
2. Man has so revved up warming, so we have to get to this 500 year marker without forcing the issue by acetates or permafrost. In particular, we need to keep the planet comparatively cool over the next 200 years. Lol, that's likely....?!

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
We are heading into global bs.

Don't worry about the weather, worry about the plants these elitist lunatics seem intent on destroying, both through deflorestation and through genetic manipulation by madmen such as the ones working for monsanto. This is the real problem, the climate FLUCTUATIONS are mearly a corolary.

[edit on 15-11-2008 by Zepherian]

new topics

top topics

join