It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Single Global Currency Assn. Urges G20 To Initiate Research and Planning for Single Global Currency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Single Global Currency Assn. Urges G20 To Initiate Research and Planning for Single Global Currency

www.prlog.o rg

The Single Global Currency Assn. urges the G20, meeting in Washington this weekend, to initiate research and planning for a Single Global Currency. The Association's President, Morrison Bonpasse, wrote to IMF Managing Director Dominique Strauss-Kahn, to urge such a step in order to "achieve the primary goal of the 1944 Bretton Woods Conference and the primary goal of the IMF: stable currency around the world."

The Single Global Currency Association was formed in 2003 in the U.S. to seek the implementation of a Single Global Currency by 2024, the 80th anniversary of the 1944 Bretton Woods Conference. Said Morrison Bonpasse, "With the expansion and creation of regional monetary unions, there is no question that we will someday achieve a Single Global Currency as the benefits vastly outweigh the costs. The only questions remaining are 'How long?' and 'How much will further delay cost?' " He continued, "If the European Monetary Union can successfully provide stable currency to 15, soon to be 16, countries, why not a Global Monetary Union for all countries?"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.singleglobalcurrency.org

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
After looking a little more, I am finding this appears legit. The Single Global Currency Association has there own web page, which I am posting a link to. There seems to be a full on push for this as they have requested the G20 consider action to implement this. Which appears to go hand in hand with comments coming out of Europe of late. The call for a Global Monetary Union for all countries seems to be the order day. The only question remains what will come out of this G20 summit, and how long will they wait to implement what has surely already been mapped out? I for one had not heard of this Association until a friend showed this to me, so if any one is a little more up to speed with this I would appreciate input.

www.prlog.o rg
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Found this while digging through SGCA web site. For all the Ron Paul fans.

2001, March 13: U.S. Congressman Ron Paul, (Texas)

"There's nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency.... The effort in recent decades to unify government surveillance over all world trade and international financial transactions through the UN, IMF, World Bank, WTO, ICC, the OECD, and the Bank of International Settlements can never substitute for a peaceful world based on true free trade, freedom of movement, a single but sound market currency, and voluntary contracts with private property rights.... The ultimate solution will only come with the rejection of fiat money worldwide, and a restoration of commodity money. Commodity money if voluntarily and universally accepted could give us a single world currency requiring no money managers, no manipulators orchestrating a man-made business cycle with rampant price inflation."

Congressional Record, 13 March 2001

new topics

join